Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Players are turning on Zac finally
(10-10-2022, 02:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We've gotten better every year under Zac. At this point, you make Fred look like a rational forum member. 

You call this year getting better!?!?!? Lol ..ok
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A really good HC would never let a playcaller that bad keep his job.

This. Im just seeing ego at this point. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: They look like four virtuoso orchestra musicians being corrected by a middle school band director.

That's what I'm saying! Just watch their presser too. They look defeated... One of them is just gonna come out and blatantly say what we all want to soon..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:13 PM)Tony Wrote: Lou has progressed, Zac has regressed and wasn't ever good to begin with. It's not that hard to understand..

Well said and it's okay to have changing opinions. I don't get the whole "Aha, I caught you liking  when you previously said he sucked" approach people use when posting. If someone has changing perspectives, it doesn't make sense trying to use it to discredit them for a current take. It's just empty rhetoric.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: They look like four virtuoso orchestra musicians being corrected by a middle school band director.

Taylor isn't the guy not getting open or running into the back of the oline and falling down. If they're unhappy, they need to look in the mirror
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: This. Im just seeing ego at this point. 

I can't stand he won't ever take blame in the presser either.. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor isn't the guy not getting open or running into the back of the oline and falling down. If they're unhappy, they need to look in the mirror

You ever think it's the moron drawing the plays up? Chase has complained about this multiple times already...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:15 PM)Tony Wrote: You call this year getting better!?!?!? Lol ..ok

We are one game worse off at this time and here's the shocker....The year's not over. Given after last year Zac set a bar that is going to be hard to top, but I'm sure he and the team are more confident than you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:15 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya what does Callahan even do? My guess would be.. " Good playcall Zac let's go with the Philly special with a shit Oline on the 2 yard line"... He's just a face..

Need to make him more than a face then. I see Zac calling plays, give the other guy a chance.

I have heard Brian Callahan talk, he isn't stupid, he worked with Peyton Manning for heck sake.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor isn't the guy not getting open or running into the back of the oline and falling down. If they're unhappy, they need to look in the mirror

I'm starting to think Mixon might have the worst balance of any RB i've seen. He has a very awkward running style and anytime he has to change directions, he either trips over his own feet or the wind knocks him over. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Zac getting fried in the media today. We can only hope the front office sees all this..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We are one game worse off at this time and here's the shocker....The year's not over. Given after last year Zac set a bar that is going to be hard to top, but I'm sure he and the team are more confident than you.
Funny how our coaches are so awful everygame we lost was a blowout.... blowout in this case being 3 points with a walk off fieldgoal. How bad does that make those other coaches that could only beat us by 3
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The body language of Burrow, Chase, Higgins, and Mixon on the sideline is much more telling than the OP's Mixon quote.

I agree. Look at the frustration Chase has on his face. 

Also, lets just take a snapshot of the playcalling and look at drive two.
Play one is a run formation, and all the movement pre-snap indicates a run and--go figure--it's a run right where the defense thinks it's going. 
Play two we bring Chase in the backfield and it's an obvious run with him for nothing. 
Play three it's an obvious pass.
Everything is very predictable for the defense. How do we solve that?

Stop messing around, keep Chase out wide or in the slot and go shotgun on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down and either run it or pass it every play. The defense won't know which one you are doing.

They also need to mix it up with the route combinations more. But running it out of shotgun will keep the defense off balance and guessing. 

If we can stop telegraphing our plays/what we are doing we will be in the 30 points plus per game range.

Zac should shoulder the blame for the offense's slow start. His predictable play calling isn't fooling anyone. He needs to do better. If he doesn't, I want Chase and others to chase him out of town.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We are one game worse off at this time and here's the shocker....The year's not over. Given after last year Zac set a bar that is going to be hard to top, but I'm sure he and the team are more confident than you.

Ya they were 10-7 last year.. Worst is worst.. They deffinetly regressed since last year..0-2 in the division is a really bad look too..
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are 2-3 with their losses coming by a combined 7 points. I agree that the year has been disappointing so far, but the way that people act around here to a loss is absurd.

The players aren’t turning on the coach. That’s something that the trigger happy fans do; the same fans that were talking about building a ZT statue 6 months ago. Dramatics and overreactions.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:18 PM)Tony Wrote: I can't stand he won't ever take blame in the presser either.. 
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-New-week-another-Zac-apology-for-bad-play-call?pid=1254066#pid1254066

I got a feeling you are acting a little irrational and making things up in your head. Go outside and get some air
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Funny how our coaches are so awful everygame we lost was a blowout.... blowout in this case being 3 points with a walk off fieldgoal. How bad does that make those other coaches that could only beat us by 3

Way better, that's how.. Losing close games constantly like this is real tell on how bad the coaching really is. Blowouts have to do with that coupled with bad talent. When you lose like this with all the talent, it's almost a gurantee it's coaching..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:27 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The Bengals are 2-3 with their losses coming by a combined 7 points. I agree that the year has been disappointing so far, but the way that people act around here to a loss is absurd.

The players aren’t turning on the coach. That’s something that the trigger happy fans do; the same fans that were talking about building a ZT statue 6 months ago. Dramatics and overreactions.

They are second last in yards per play with a core of Burrow, Higgins, Chase, and Mixon. 

That is alarming. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We can still split with pissburgh and Baltimore. 0-2 is not a great division start, but it's not coffin nails either....
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:29 PM)Tony Wrote: Way better, that's how.. Losing close games constantly like this is real tell on how bad the coaching really is. Blowouts have to do with that coupled with bad talent. When you lose like this with all the talent, it's almost a gurantee it's coaching..

So you're saying Baltimore has no talent?
Reply/Quote