Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Players are turning on Zac finally
Which is worse:

Turning on the coach or quitting on the coach? I need to know at what stage I should light torches.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We've gotten better every year under Zac. At this point, you make Fred look like a rational forum member. 

2 wins, 4 wins his first 2 seasons.  Not hard to improve on that.  Last year 10 wins.  Let's see if we improve on that this year.  So far we look like ass imo and the play calling is awful.

I don't want Zac fired.  I think he is a good HC.  I just think he is one of the worst play callers and should give up those duties.  I truly believe if the Bengals had a good OC we would be 5-0 right now.   Know way to know for sure, but I believe it.

Current record 18-35-1  .343       Not good.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which is worse:

Turning on the coach or quitting on the coach? I need to know at what stage I should light torches.

If the players are turning Zac on his wife should be worried.

Reply/Quote
I think the frustration comes from a place of Bengals fans knowing this offense could and should be better.

Yes, we are losing some close games and therefor are definitely highly competitive. We are still very much in the race.

Yet the offense has the talent to get at least a field goal on every drive or every drive and a half (and yet we see stretches where the play-calling and execution is terrible). Good OCs maximize the talent at their disposal and find ways to attack the defense's weaknesses. We aren't doing that. We're running a very predictable game plan. At key moments we are coming up with some key drives to keep games close. But too many drives stall before they get started by a couple predictable play calls.

It's an easy fix, they just need to learn (and they're a little slow at this). Zac has a great mindset and is great at motivating the players and assembling a talented team. The jury is still out whether he can develop into an offensive guru/great play caller. So far he's failed to fully utilize the talent at his disposal. Just look at the offense's numbers in the playoffs. Pedestrian, with Joe coming up big late in games. The defense carries this team.

There are coaches that put their players in a great position to succeed with their gameplanning/play calling, and there are those that fail more often then not. Zac is right in the middle kinda like the Andy Dalton spectrum when he was a starter. Just barely good enough to win maybe 65% of the time. Zac has a ways to go to be a top 20 head coach in this league.

Fans are correct to be concerned whether the playcalling and coaching is going to be 'good enough' to win it all. It's common knowledge that when a team rests on talent alone, they fail. Need some brains in the coaching staff to bring out the most of the players.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Lou was the loser, according to certain posters here, that only got the job because no other DC would work for Zac.

Well, Lou wasn't exactly ZT's first choice was he?  Since Lou is awesome that puts another point in the LUCKY rather than the GOOD category for ZT.

(10-10-2022, 02:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor isn't the guy not getting open or running into the back of the oline and falling down. If they're unhappy, they need to look in the mirror

ZT also wasn't the guy scoring insane TDs last year, either.  ZT is here for years, and I guess he's good....we may as well say he is.  His ability to be good at coaching seems to disappear when Burrow isn't playing out of his gourd, though. Burrow at his best could have scored a TD with that crap slate of playcalls last night and ZT would have looked like a genius for calling a Philly Special or a shovel pass into traffic because he knows he's got a QB who can make magic out of anything.
Reply/Quote
Should have seen the red flags from the get go...

"So it is spelled with an h or a k?"
"No." - Zac

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
One of you folks enlighten me but what is our scoring record in first quarter when they all allegedly have a series of scripted plays.

Aside from the bizarre plays run from first and goal at the 2, in most games since Zack has been head coach the first quarter has been a wasteland.

Am I wrong?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:56 PM)bengals67 Wrote: One of you folks enlighten me but what is our scoring record in first quarter when they all allegedly have a series of scripted plays.

Aside from the bizarre plays run from first and goal at the 2, in most games since Zack has been head coach the first quarter has been a wasteland.

Am I wrong?

You can show fact after fact to some of these guys and it won't matter. I still don't believe they themselves believe in Zac like they act.. It's just not possible... 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:33 PM)Tony Wrote: Mixon was quoted as saying "We can only play with the cards we are dealt. Jamaar Chase has criticized Zac this year and Burrow also has thrown shade. Hopefully the organization is listening and fires this fool. It's only gonna get worst until they aren't so Vague and just say Zac sucks.. The Bengals are gonna lose a ton of talent if they don't run this idiot out of town..
Provide the full quote with context please.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:27 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The Bengals are 2-3 with their losses coming by a combined 7 points. I agree that the year has been disappointing so far, but the way that people act around here to a loss is absurd.

The players aren’t turning on the coach. That’s something that the trigger happy fans do; the same fans that were talking about building a ZT statue 6 months ago. Dramatics and overreactions.

[Image: 0cb43ad0ba2f833196871a87b67cabc7.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:59 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Provide the full quote with context please.

https://youtu.be/VsZtkXfsxdc
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:56 PM)bengals67 Wrote: One of you folks enlighten me but what is our scoring record in first quarter when they all allegedly have a series of scripted plays.

Am I wrong?

Since Zac arrived in Cincinnati, the Bengals have scored 250 points in the first quarter. This ranks 15th best in the league over that timespan. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's about the same thing that so many said about Marvin Lewis..

I was just thinking the same when I read that.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:40 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I think the frustration comes from a place of Bengals fans knowing this offense could and should be better.

Yes, we are losing some close games and therefor are definitely highly competitive. We are still very much in the race.

Yet the offense has the talent to get at least a field goal on every drive or every drive and a half (and yet we see stretches where the play-calling and execution is terrible). Good OCs maximize the talent at their disposal and find ways to attack the defense's weaknesses. We aren't doing that. We're running a very predictable game plan. At key moments we are coming up with some key drives to keep games close. But too many drives stall before they get started by a couple predictable play calls.

It's an easy fix, they just need to learn (and they're a little slow at this). Zac has a great mindset and is great at motivating the players and assembling a talented team. The jury is still out whether he can develop into an offensive guru/great play caller. So far he's failed to fully utilize the talent at his disposal. Just look at the offense's numbers in the playoffs. Pedestrian, with Joe coming up big late in games. The defense carries this team.

There are coaches that put their players in a great position to succeed with their gameplanning/play calling, and there are those that fail more often then not. Zac is right in the middle kinda like the Andy Dalton spectrum when he was a starter. Just barely good enough to win maybe 65% of the time. Zac has a ways to go to be a top 20 head coach in this league.

Fans are correct to be concerned whether the playcalling and coaching is going to be 'good enough' to win it all. It's common knowledge that when a team rests on talent alone, they fail. Need some brains in the coaching staff to bring out the most of the players.

Good post. In all fairness you're playing teams with pretty damn good defenses in the playoffs and with a below average OL nobody is going to look good. To what extent ZT relies on Callahan I really don't know and if you or anybody else does I'd seriously like to know this.

I'm sure ZT overides and makes the final call but to save face, ZT can still be the play caller but allow far more influence from BC. 
Reply/Quote
something is obviously wrong with the offense, and eventually that falls on the coach. They aren't facing some new defensive scheme developed over the summer. You fix it or find someone who can, and get your ego out of the way.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
We have very good players and very poor coaches. That’s all there is to it. So frustrating knowing what this team is capable of yet it feels like the coaching is holding this offense back. Like I said in the game thread last night. We have some bright stars on this offense, but Zac & Co. are a huge cloud keeping them from shining. So damn frustrating.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The sad part is I think he's a solid to really good head coach.

It's just his playcalling that sucks ass.

That's where I am as well. I believe Zac could be a good HC, still. I just don't believe he's an OC. Not a good one anyways. And like the leonard leap says he needs to admit it and step aside.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: something is obviously wrong with the offense, and eventually that falls on the coach.  They aren't facing some new defensive scheme developed over the summer.  You fix it or find someone who can, and get your ego out of the way.

Bingo
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well Marvin was never a play caller, was he?

Only after Austin really sunk the defense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's where I am as well. I believe Zac could be a good HC, still. I just don't believe he's an OC. Not a good one anyways.

I was hearing something about Jamarr's routes this season and they said there's no creativity to it. They're running him right into the cover 2

Thats really on the design by Callahan
Reply/Quote