Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players at 8/31 practice/waiver claims/transactions
So the Jags get Pryor and we get Jay Tufele from them and Asiasi from the Pats. That makes me feel better.
Reply/Quote
I guess were fortunate as Bengals fans if our biggest gripe is losing Pryor to the Jags. Let's get the season underway and he'll be an after thought as we watch Burrow get the ball to Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst, and Mixon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:35 PM)pally Wrote: A hint of our PS perhaps.  Players seen at practice today include

1) Thad Moss
2) Jake Browning
3) Drue Chrisman
4) Kwamie Lassiter
5) Kendric Pryor-and just like that he was claimed by the Jags...good luck to him

Bengals waiver claims
1) TE Devin Asiasi-NE wanted him back
2) G- Max Scharping
3) DT Jay Tufelele

3 more players to be cut off of the roster from yesterday.  

Pryor only Bengal cut claimed

No one claimed Leatherwood-correction claimed by Chicago so he made it down to #7 in the waiver order

According to Jay Morrison the locker room still has name plates up for TE Eubanks, LB Scales, CB Hood, OL Cochran, LS Adomitis, DT D. Davis, OL Gilliam, DE R.Johnson, RB Patrick

they were released yesterday with an injury designation.  they automatically reverted to IR when not claimed via waiver

I hope Chrisman makes it to the practice squad. I can see him being the future and even this year can be seamlessly inserted should Huber ever gets some kind of injury. Basically, the two I wanted to make it to the practice squad are Chrisman and Pryor. But Pryor didn't even make it past the first team in the waiver claim order.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Should have carried Pryor over a 4th running back...

I do like Jay Tufele and Max Scharping. Solid claims especially at 31st on the wire.

and like we thought...no more 4th RB

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
TE Nick Bowers signed to PS. He was waived from the Raiders

Drew Sample returns to practice

Reply/Quote
With Gilliard on IR The Bengals have to be looking for a center.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 03:02 PM)pally Wrote: TE Nick Bowers signed to PS.  He was waived from the Raiders

Drew Sample returns to practice

I liked that guy when I watched him, I like him better than what I saw of Asiasi anyways.

We claimed Max Scharping which is my favorite move so far.

(08-31-2022, 03:06 PM)Synric Wrote: With Gilliard on IR The Bengals have to be looking for a center.

Can Scharping play Center?
Reply/Quote
Add Bowers and that makes 15. So unless other things change only 1 player who will be released today can be added to the PS. Tough for either S Mike Thomas or Trayveon Williams. At least 2 more subtractions to go which should be Kareem and CTB to IR

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 03:20 PM)pally Wrote: Add Bowers and that makes 15.  So unless other things change only 1 player who will be released today can be added to the PS.  Tough for either S Mike Thomas or Trayveon Williams

Shelvin and Davis over fan favorite signing Tariqious Tisdale. Shame on C Ben Brown going on IR he had a very good game against the Cardinals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Shame Henderson didn't make it back to the practice squad. We have no safety's on that list. I think he just needed a shot.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 05:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Shame Henderson didn't make it back to the practice squad. We have no safety's on that list. I think he just needed a shot.

That guy has been great every Preseason, wanted him back here for sure at least on the PS.

We are just so deep at Safety.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 05:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Shame Henderson didn't make it back to the practice squad. We have no safety's on that list. I think he just needed a shot.

There are still transactions to make.  Bates hasn't been activated and there are at least 2 players to go on IR that can affect the PS.  

Reply/Quote
Official announcement. There are still transactions planned. We know that at least Kareem and CTB are going on IR and Zac told us that WR Mike Thomas is returning. So is Brandon Allen. Stay tuned

Bengals Roster Moves: Practice Squad Announced
Aug 31, 2022 at 03:40 PM

Acquired three players on waivers:

TE Devin Asiasi, from New England. Asiasi (6-3, 260), a third-year player out of UCLA, originally was a third-round pick of New England in 2020. He played in 10 games for the Patriots over the past two seasons, catching two passes for 39 yards and one TD.
G Max Scharping, from Houston. Scharping (6-6, 325), a fourth-year player out of Northern Illinois University, originally was a second-round pick of Houston in 2019. He has played in 48 games with 33 starts for the Texans over the past three seasons.
DT Jay Tufele, from Jacksonville. Tufele (6-3, 305), a second-year player out of the University of Southern California, originally was a fourth-round pick of Jacksonville in 2021. He played in four games for the Jaguars last season and had two tackles.
Terminated the contracts of sixth-year veteran QB Brandon Allen and ninth-year veteran S Michael J. Thomas.

Waived HB Trayveon Williams.

Signed the following 13 players to the practice squad:

LS Cal Adomitis
QB Jake Browning
P Drue Chrisman
OT Devin Cochran
DT Domenique Davis
G Nate Gilliam
WR Trenton Irwin
DE Raymond Johnson III
LB Keandre Jones
WR Kwamie Lassiter II
TE Thaddeus Moss
LB Tegray Scales
DT Tyler Shelvin
All of the practice players noted above were with the Bengals during training camp. Cincinnati's practice squad currently is three spots shy of the 16-player limit.

Reply/Quote
I don't know what the coaching staff was thinking trying to sneak Pryor on to the practice squad. It should surprise no one he was claimed. He didn't even make it past the first team who could claim him as the Jags were #1. It would be interesting to hear how many other teams put a claim on him.

Even if Pryor had cleared waivers and went to the Bengals practice squad, it would have been just a matter of time before he was poached due to injuries around the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 06:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I don't know what the coaching staff was thinking trying to sneak Pryor on to the practice squad.  It should surprise no one he was claimed.  He didn't even make it past the first team who could claim him as the Jags were #1.  It would be interesting to hear how many other teams put a claim on him.

Even if Pryor had cleared waivers and went to the Bengals practice squad, it would have been just a matter of time before he was poached due to injuries around the NFL.

I mean I agree, especially in light of eventually going with only 3 RBs and even cutting Thomas and Allen with intentions of bringing them back before the game.  

We aren't hyping him as super human by just saying it looked like a weird move.  I get that they see him every day, just seemed like a player you keep when you're not sticking absolute numbers at a position. 
Reply/Quote
Looks like we may have the same punting/long snapper competitions during next years camp if Huber and Harris don’t retire.

They wasted spots on Moss and especially Shelvin (Burrow and Chase must have votes for who gets signed to the PS)

It’s always fascinating that a guy like Williams was probably happy yesterday “I made the team” then gets cut the next day (Although he probably wasn’t shocked to hear this). Meanwhile guys who got cut yesterday now at least have a job on the PS while he doesn’t know if/where he’s going to play.
Stressful times for these players on the bubble and nothing is ever final seeing as how you could dress on Sunday and be out of work on Monday.
Reply/Quote
The Jags had the #1 waiver claim and could take any player waived they wanted. Am certain Zac's brother called and asked Zac personally about Pryor before placing the claim.

Which makes the move that much more odd since he obviously gave Pryor a good enough endorsement for the Jags to claim him over every player available on waivers.

Not that big of a deal just don't get all the love for Thomas, and Brandon Allen too for that matter.

Oh well, trusting Zac is right here

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 08:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Jags had the #1 waiver claim and could take any player waived they wanted.  Am certain Zac's brother called and asked Zac personally about Pryor before placing the claim.

Which makes the move that much more odd since he obviously gave Pryor a good enough endorsement for the Jags to claim him over every player available on waivers.  

Not that big of a deal just don't get all the love for Thomas, and Brandon Allen too for that matter.

Not sure if Zac was joking or not, but he indicated he was annoyed with his brother over the Pryor claim. Maybe half-joking, half-serious.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 08:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Jags had the #1 waiver claim and could take any player waived they wanted.  Am certain Zac's brother called and asked Zac personally about Pryor before placing the claim.

Yep

And like other peeps have said in this thread and others: Why did they keep RB Williams only to waive him the next day instead of just keeping Pryor on the 53 ?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 08:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

And like other peeps have said in this thread and others: Why did they keep RB Williams only to waive him the next day instead of just keeping Pryor on the 53 ?

Pryor would have been waived today too if he had been saved yesterday. They had to keep players yesterday to put others on IR after the initial roster was set. Williams drew the short straw of having 1 extra day of happiness.  Tomorrow he gets signed to the PS.  That is what they hoped would happen with Pryor.  It is part of the risk of roster management.

On the Cincinnati Bengals, wide receivers 4-6 HAVE to play special teams.  Pryor didn't which is why he was waived and why Morgan, Taylor, and Thomas will all be playing on Sep 11th against the Steelers

Reply/Quote