Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players at 8/31 practice/waiver claims/transactions
(08-31-2022, 08:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not sure if Zac was joking or not, but he indicated he was annoyed with his brother over the Pryor claim. Maybe half-joking, half-serious.

I wouldn't be joking, i'd be legit pissed off. It's not Zac's job to make the Jags better. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 08:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

And like other peeps have said in this thread and others: Why did they keep RB Williams only to waive him the next day instead of just keeping Pryor on the 53 ?

Because if Williams was expendable, Pryor would have been too, being on the 53. They were between a rock and a hard place and had to try getting him back. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 06:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I don't know what the coaching staff was thinking trying to sneak Pryor on to the practice squad.  It should surprise no one he was claimed.  He didn't even make it past the first team who could claim him as the Jags were #1.  It would be interesting to hear how many other teams put a claim on him.

Even if Pryor had cleared waivers and went to the Bengals practice squad, it would have been just a matter of time before he was poached due to injuries around the NFL.

The Jags took Kendrick Pryor over Tyler Johnson. Kind of crazy but I almost understand why watching Pryor this Preseason.

That was how good he looked to me.

(08-31-2022, 07:06 PM)phil413 Wrote: I mean I agree, especially in light of eventually going with only 3 RBs and even cutting Thomas and Allen with intentions of bringing them back before the game.  

We aren't hyping him as super human by just saying it looked like a weird move.  I get that they see him every day, just seemed like a player you keep when you're not sticking absolute numbers at a position. 

Pryor just looked special this Preseason, really hard worker with crisp routes and great hands with quicks and speed.

Also looked smart, something you cannot teach.

(08-31-2022, 08:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Jags had the #1 waiver claim and could take any player waived they wanted.  Am certain Zac's brother called and asked Zac personally about Pryor before placing the claim.

Which makes the move that much more odd since he obviously gave Pryor a good enough endorsement for the Jags to claim him over every player available on waivers.  

Not that big of a deal just don't get all the love for Thomas, and Brandon Allen too for that matter.

Oh well, trusting Zac is right here

Hope Kwame Lassiter shows well now, but yeah, the Jags could of had Tyler Johnson for heck sake who is a very good 
proven NFL WR. Oh well, crying over spilt milk does no good, just thought keeping Pryor on the roster was the safest move
for us to have some insurance in case one of the top 3 WR's go down which is pretty much inevitable.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 09:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't be joking, i'd be legit pissed off. It's not Zac's job to make the Jags better. 

You assume they will be better 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 09:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You assume they will be better 

Cannot get worse...
Reply/Quote
Why is it that the overhype of Pryor reminds me of Tate ..
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 09:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Why is it that the overhype of Pryor reminds me of Tate ..

Cause every Preseason there is a guy we all see something in. Honestly I saw a lot more in Pryor this Preseason than ANY 
Preseason WR I have ever seen on the Bengals. Auden Tate couldn't even be a Red Zone threat at 6'5" tall with good ball 
skills. I just liked some of his Seminole film and what Nole fans said about him that made me a bit hyped.

Kendrick Pryor was good in every Preseason game and consistent as well in his play. I could see him doing something for
the Jags unlike Auden doing nearly nothing for us even if he had to catch terribly thrown balls from our bad QB's.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 09:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You assume they will be better 

That's not the point at all. Zac should be pissed that his brother took Pryor, not giving him any glowing endorsements. 

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 08:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not sure if Zac was joking or not, but he indicated he was annoyed with his brother over the Pryor claim. Maybe half-joking, half-serious.
Seen that but not for one minute am I believing his brother did not inquire about Pryor beforehand. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 11:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Seen that but not for one minute am I believing his brother did not inquire about Pryor beforehand. 

It makes no sense for him to inquire unless he was just calling to say that he was snatching him...which probably pissed Zac off. 

If Taylor wants him, he's not going to say "oh yeah, he showed some real promise during preseason. good luck with him!".

Reply/Quote
Everyone seems to love falling in love with some WR in camp that's going to set the world on fire until they go elsewhere and never amount to a hill of beans.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals did not mount a claim in for Alex Leatherwood, in fact the Bears, were the only ones to do so. They did, though, put in a claim for Jets TE Trevon Wesco, he also went to the Bears.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 06:36 AM)pally Wrote: The Bengals did not mount a claim in for Alex Leatherwood, in fact the Bears, were the only ones to do so.  They did, though, put in a claim for Jets TE Trevon Wesco, he also went to the Bears.

Sounds like Leatherwood is an even worse bust than Carman. Hopefully Jackson can sit on the bench, heal, learn, grow, and get stronger and play a backup role and compete for a starting spot down the road.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 10:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cause every Preseason there is a guy we all see something in. Honestly I saw a lot more in Pryor this Preseason than ANY 
Preseason WR I have ever seen on the Bengals. Auden Tate couldn't even be a Red Zone threat at 6'5" tall with good ball 
skills. I just liked some of his Seminole film and what Nole fans said about him that made me a bit hyped.

Kendrick Pryor was good in every Preseason game and consistent as well in his play. I could see him doing something for
the Jags unlike Auden doing nearly nothing for us even if he had to catch terribly thrown balls from our bad QB's.

Tate to me had a better Preseason than Pryor, , I think Pryor makes the team in that same period of time when Tate.did, and Tate would not have made the team now either..
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 11:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It makes no sense for him to inquire unless he was just calling to say that he was snatching him...which probably pissed Zac off. 

If Taylor wants him, he's not going to say "oh yeah, he showed some real promise during preseason. good luck with him!".

It's just what I would do and expect if a sibling of mine was more informed on a move I was considering making. 

Not mad at Zac nor do I believe doing so would be wrong. Zac already released Pryor and he was not going to clear waivers anyway being he caught everything in preseason and run's a 4.38.

But his college stats obviously do not jump off the stat sheet so suspecting his brother would want to call Zac and ask about said player just dropped by Bengals was worth using the #1 waiver claim on. 

It's not dirty or a case of Zac making the Jags good because he had already cut Pryor and only going to offer a PS spot where he could be claimed at any moment. Of course that is if none of the other 30 teams after the Jags did not claim him that day, which is doubtful. 

Anyway, feel he was worth giving an extra look per me feeling that is a weak spot on Bengals. No hard feelings toward Zac and still trust him even if I disagree. Best wishes to Pryor as well, love seeing the underdog win and hope he does so. 

Could be wrong and maybe Zac really is mad at his brother, but I call coach talk BS and it does not bother me at all. 

Help a brother out folks ! 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Zac was joking about yelling at his brother.

C'mon people.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 10:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Zac was joking about yelling at his brother.

C'mon people.

I just keep picturing Zac calling his mother complaining that Press took his wide receiver.  Maybe Mom can make Press give him back    Wink

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 10:27 AM)pally Wrote: I just keep picturing Zac calling his mother complaining that Press took his wide receiver.  Maybe Mom can make Press give him back    Wink

Or, she might say something like "Now Zac, I've told you time and time again that if you don't want Press playing with your toys, you need to keep them out of his reach.."

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
There's a good chance that Zac gave a favorable endorsement of Pryor to his brother. Although it's a business sometimes coaches like to do what's best for the player. If KP can make the 53 in Jax but not here, I'd have 0 problem with Zac selling him to Jax.

Il's not like Jax is now going to challenge us for the AFC Crown because they got KP and we don't have him on our PS
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 10:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a good chance that Zac gave a favorable endorsement of Pryor to his brother. Although it's a business sometimes coaches like to do what's best for the player. If KP can make the 53 in Jax but not here, I'd have 0 problem with Zac selling him to Jax.

Il's not like Jax is now going to challenge us for the AFC Crown because they got KP and we don't have him on our PS

Right

But it still sucks losing him. 

Who knows ? Perhaps Lassiter will set the PS WR world on fire ?
Reply/Quote