Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pokemon Go
(07-14-2016, 11:19 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Your post is kind of the definition of ignorance. 
Why?  Because I don't understand or have any knowledge as to why capturing a Pokemon is an adult thing to do and also a productive thing to do?
(07-14-2016, 02:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: [Image: mx6kav-aeZgALqopmybSwlI4C6njtVDQMhStPncP...e63ce5bedf]

Just change "Facebook" to "Bengals Message Board".

Dork...

1  I do other things when I'm online and don't take time to check the message board or post.

2.  People are actually driving places just to catch bugs that offer no reward.

3.  The message board offers a way to get information and offer my own insight, as well as read other people's insight.

Tell me how Pokemon improves your mind or gives you insight or any kind of benefit.

Dork...
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 04:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sorry to be a dick here, but you are remembering your own life incorrectly. Pokemon didn't air in the U.S. until September of 98. If you are 33 right now then you were roughly 15 when it first started (assuming you saw it immediately when it came out), which may explain why you lacked much interest at the time, and for that matter today.

Its possible...  I don't remember when I saw it I was guessing. I figured it was on the time range of power rangers and such.   But I never got into it.

I wont knock anyone for playing a video game. as a game addict myself.  I just never got into pokemon at all.  (except for maybe ling ling on drawn together...)  lol

Play what makes you happy.  just don't do it while driving or walking into traffic.

Now I will caution a tale ive had to learn the hard way.  Be careful giving money to an app like this.   Once you start down that road its easy to spend more than you expect quickly...(as in this free app as already made 14 mil)

But outside that...  Go Forth and throw your balls around  (I think is what you guys capturing pokemon do)
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 01:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's fun for now. At some point, the novelty will be lost because it is no better than any other freemium game. There is no end game besides getting as high of a character as possible which is easier done with money.

This.

It's fun. I'll admit it has gotten me outside going for walks and such. But unless the updates address the lackluster battle and non existant trading aspects that made Pokémon such a great game to start, the game will likely lose a great deal of the audience.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 13707583_10154265978353632_8674915620308...e=57EE1C34]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 06:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1  I do other things when I'm online and don't take time to check the message board or post.

2.  People are actually driving places just to catch bugs that offer no reward.

3.  The message board offers a way to get information and offer my own insight, as well as read other people's insight.

Tell me how Pokemon improves your mind or gives you insight or any kind of benefit.

Dork...

A) Cool.

2) OK.

D) Also, cool.

Bottom line is, don't hate on people for doing their own thing and having a good time just because you choose to do your own thing and have a good time in a different way. It's silly.

Besides, it isn't a waste of time if you're enjoying yourself. Complaining about people enjoying themselves is a waste of time....unless, of course, you're enjoying yourself. But if this is the case, you're just an angry douche.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I have this app and I really hate how badly it has been put together in the bigger picture but I keep on playing for the time being.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 06:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its possible...  I don't remember when I saw it I was guessing. I figured it was on the time range of power rangers and such.   But I never got into it.

I wont knock anyone for playing a video game. as a game addict myself.  I just never got into pokemon at all.  (except for maybe ling ling on drawn together...)  lol

Play what makes you happy.  just don't do it while driving or walking into traffic.

Now I will caution a tale ive had to learn the hard way.  Be careful giving money to an app like this.   Once you start down that road its easy to spend more than you expect quickly...(as in this free app as already made 14 mil)

But outside that...  Go Forth and throw your balls around  (I think is what you guys capturing pokemon do)

This, I had my first encounter with the gamers last night, a large group of them were downtown.  At a traffic light, the Ford Dually in front of me about plastered three or four of them.....it was kinda eerie.  It reminded me of some sci-fi movie about mind control....people walking around and randomly stopping while staring endlessly into their phones.  To each his own, but it looked like zombies roaming the streets, oblivious to their surroundings.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
People hate because they can't find joy in their own lives.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 09:28 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: This.

It's fun. I'll admit it has gotten me outside going for walks and such. But unless the updates address the lackluster battle and non existant trading aspects that made Pokémon such a great game to start, the game will likely lose a great deal of the audience.

Gym battles are also too buggy. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
some dude in Toledo is making money driving peeps around so they can pokemon safely.... 25$ hr + 3$ an hour per additional person. said probly made close to 1,000 in since Monday.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 10:03 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: some dude in Toledo is making money driving peeps around so they can pokemon safely....   25$ hr  + 3$ an hour per additional person.           said probly made close to 1,000 in since Monday.

Damn! Good racket....AND keeping people safe.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 09:12 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: This, I had my first encounter with the gamers last night, a large group of them were downtown.  At a traffic light, the Ford Dually in front of me about plastered three or four of them.....it was kinda eerie.  It reminded me of some sci-fi movie about mind control....people walking around and randomly stopping while staring endlessly into their phones.  To each his own, but it looked like zombies roaming the streets, oblivious to their surroundings.

This is how the Zombie Apocalypse begins. Folks wandering around aimlessly.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 12:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is how the Zombie Apocalypse begins. Folks wandering around aimlessly.

Gaah Help Nervous

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 11:20 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just curious. Do you watch TV? Movies? Play other video games? Get on the computer? Post to message boards? 

Surely you spend time on hobbies or doing things you enjoy. Just because people enjoy doing something you dont enjoy doing, or something you dont understand, doesnt mean they dont have a life. 

OK...I'll rephrase it then...I'm not 10.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 12:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: It is if you used a gmail account to verify for the login (can use other ways though). The app inadvertently gave the developers full access to accounts. (emails, google drive, etc.) I think more was made of it than it really is though. Obviously it needs fixed, but the company who made this game is a skunk works project of Google themselves. If it was some new or indie developer I'd be a bit more worried, but I am not to concerned about some massive breach here. In reality most people's Gmail (and email in general) accounts are at risk of being hacked by bad people anyways because of weak passwords, yet most don't care.
Thanks for this. I didn't read the whole thing at work; as I assumed it was something folks were logging into from their work computers and therefore, didn't affect me. Here's a little more on the game:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/on-pokemon-go-why-so-many-people-are-choosing-team-mystic-2016-07-13?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

I'll most likely give it a go as it is free and would give the wife and I a reason to get out on Sundays, ect.... Plus my younger son plays it; maybe we could go "hunting"

A couple questions for the current players:

Do you have to stay active? For instance I would only play if I were a passenger (my wife always drives) and only if we were already going by a spot. Except for the above-mentioned Sunday outing.

Would it be safer/allowed to sign in from a junk gmail or yahoo? I would never sign in from one I actually used.

What's up with picking a team?I like game apps but am not a huge fan of "social" games.

Those that think they are to mature for this: Go suck an egg.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

[Image: 13697249_1034174850023189_17568547066452...e=57EB2CC8]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
i got an electabuzz from my 10km egg that i hatched
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2016, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for this. I didn't read the whole thing at work; as I assumed it was something folks were logging into from their work computers and therefore, didn't affect me. Here's a little more on the game:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/on-pokemon-go-why-so-many-people-are-choosing-team-mystic-2016-07-13?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

I'll most likely give it a go as it is free and would give the wife and I a reason to get out on Sundays, ect.... Plus my younger son plays it; maybe we could go "hunting"

A couple questions for the current players:

Do you have to stay active? For instance I would only play if I were a passenger (my wife always drives) and only if we were already going by a spot. Except for the above-mentioned Sunday outing.

Would it be safer/allowed to sign in from a junk gmail or yahoo? I would never sign in from one I actually used.

What's up with picking a team?I like game apps but am not a huge fan of "social" games.

Those that think they are to mature for this: Go suck an egg.

yeah you have to be active

use whatever gmail you want (the whole intrusive thing at the beginning was patched)

the teams dont really mean much right now (when they introduce battling im sure it will mean something then) other than taking gyms from mystic and instinct (valor ftw). I also think when the legendary birds get released, moltres goes to valor, arcticuno goes to mystic, and zapdos goes to instinct
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 12:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

only a matter of time until one of these people end up on private property and somebody puts a 20 gauge into them.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 12:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

So he wants people to go to a bar and think about their life, instead of playing a game that gets them active and outside

I'm sure he'll be doing his fantasy football when the time comes
Reply/Quote