Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pokemon Go
(07-21-2016, 07:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm only 46, but the fact that I have no real idea what the hell Pokemon Go is or why it's such a big deal...is starting to make me feel like an out of touch old fart!  LOL

[Image: main-qimg-c3e1b3e07726e57bf69184bf38759d..._webp=true]

Just ring your bell twice to download it.
Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 07:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm only 46, but the fact that I have no real idea what the hell Pokemon Go is or why it's such a big deal...is starting to make me feel like an out of touch old fart!  LOL

[Image: main-qimg-c3e1b3e07726e57bf69184bf38759d..._webp=true]

You're gettin' there.   Tongue
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 01:08 PM)Cocoapuffs Wrote: apaprently reading comprehension isnt your strong point, its been explained that it's not what people are doing

people are going out and meeting others and socializing and only really just staring at their phone while they catch it, once its caught, they go back to socializing with those that are there

but hey, its no different than posting on a bengals message board (as has been mentioned before already)

Dang that was quick. 

At least you have more time to catch pokemon
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
That awkward moment when you have a full time job, am social, actually go out to enjoy the weather during walks, and goes out with friends and plays the new Pokemon Go app.

Also, as some people don't say, the game isn't going to make you "cross the street" so you can get an exact Pokemon. It actually has a surroudning barrier around you that reaches some X amount of meters.

Hey, I have fun with the app. I go out with friends and find cool places and talk and meet new people.

If you don't like it, that's fine and dandy. I could care less. I'm out having fun in my own way. Do the same.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 05:15 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That awkward moment when you have a full time job, am social, actually go out to enjoy the weather during walks, and goes out with friends and plays the new Pokemon Go app.

Also, as some people don't say, the game isn't going to make you "cross the street" so you can get an exact Pokemon. It actually has a surroudning barrier around you that reaches some X amount of meters.

Hey, I have fun with the app. I go out with friends and find cool places and talk and meet new people.

If you don't like it, that's fine and dandy. I could care less. I'm out having fun in my own way. Do the same.

Yup.....to each his own.  To be fair, when I saw the rather large group I saw at our old courthouse, I was only there briefly at a stop light, and the three or four that walked into traffic were rather young.  It was still kinda like a scene out of Stepford Wives or something, I guess they were mostly in the process of catching them.  I never got into the craze as a kid, and I won't now, but I won't condemn those that do.  I grew up in a rural area, we played video games when it was raining or during winter.  Any other time, it was whiffle ball, football, basketball, riding dirtbikes, playing army in the woods, swimming/fishing in the creek, hot wheels, GI Joe, or whatever other mischief we could find.  A lot of tubing and sledding in the winter, when the snow was deep enough.  I never really got into the video game scene TOO MUCH, until college and the PS1 came out.....I know, dating myself there, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 05:15 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I go out with friends and find cool places and talk and meet new people.

That's what bar hopping, getting stupid drunk, and making questionable sexual decisions is for.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 05:31 PM)Beaker Wrote: That's what bar hopping, getting stupid drunk, and making questionable sexual decisions is for.

lol yeah when I go out to hang with friends or outside to enjoy nature I don't plan to game.  but if it takes a moble game of playing with balls to get someone outside. then its for the best I guess....  Natural selection will weed out the dumb ones.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 04:29 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'd say it comes down to personal taste.  It's not my cup o' tea, but I won't condemn anybody who likes it.

The absolute perfect response. 

Certainly beats Beaker's "I'm better than you because I don't like a harmless video game that you happen to like" loser attitude.

Personally, I stayed away from this game.....for the first week.  It's fun and all, and definitely kinda nostalgic, but I feel like you'd have to invest too much time to actually have fun in the game.  Some of the people that I've seen through the game are like....20 levels above me.  Battling them is pointless, but catching 'em all is a good time.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2016, 03:44 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Certainly beats Beaker's "I'm better than you because I don't like a harmless video game that you happen to like" loser attitude.

Posts like this are what's wrong with society today.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2016, 03:44 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The absolute perfect response. 

Certainly beats Beaker's "I'm better than you because I don't like a harmless video game that you happen to like" loser attitude.

Personally, I stayed away from this game.....for the first week.  It's fun and all, and definitely kinda nostalgic, but I feel like you'd have to invest too much time to actually have fun in the game.  Some of the people that I've seen through the game are like....20 levels above me.  Battling them is pointless, but catching 'em all is a good time.

I've had a hard time getting into the battling portion of it. I've kicked a few people out of the gyms that are on the town green here, but it's tough to get into. Both because of how the battling is and what you mentioned. 

The egg hatching is fun too. Until you get a freakin Zubat after 5km. And the fact that unless you want to pay you'll eventually only be able to hatch one at a time. 

Unless the updates are awesome, I see the game falling off a bit once the nostalgia factor wears off. 
Reply/Quote

[Image: 13680866_1930069443886480_57695840569972...e=582AD9F0]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 03:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Anyone playing? What have you caught so far?

Never heard of it.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2016, 04:31 PM)Beaker Wrote: Posts like this are what's wrong with society today.

Yeah, but you've been exposed as a loser.  So.....
Reply/Quote
My thoughts, perfectly summed up by one, Abe Simpson:

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 09:57 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, but you've been exposed as a loser.  So.....

You're simply better at keeping it hidden than I was.
Reply/Quote
Man, there's some bickering going on here. I don't read the boards all that much and am way late to the party. But I justed wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

I'm, 37, was way too old to have experienced the Pokemon craze. So I definitely don't get it at all. And as an already not huge user of my smartphone for anything other email, than surfing the web and making calls, it's hard for me to understand the appeal of investing the amount of time some do into anything mobile related.

With all the said, I'm not supposed to get it. It's not for me. My nostalgia is shit like the Goonies, Transformers, He-Man. Maybe Saved by the Bell. So it makes entirely perfect sense to me, from the standpoint of only people looking to get back into something they used to do. And there's things called fads, where a lot of people kind of get into the same thing, and most likely for no better reason than that's it fun and a lot of people they know are doing it. But we don't need to get into that.

Who really cares that a younger generation is kinda reliving their childhood, no different than the boomers created what was the baseball card boom, and the modern vintage guitar market. Everything was classic cars to old records are mainly driven by nostalgia.

So I'm sorry, but if you're shitting on others for not being mature or not having a life then I think you really need to re-examine your own time. One could easily argue than the amount of wasted time or effort playing Pokemon Go pails in comparison to the amount of time taking digs at anonymous strangers, on a message board.

If you dig Pokemon Go, have a blast. Just don't hop my fence, run in front of my car, or inconvenience me. And that's all I really care about. Mobile gaming or cell phones rotting kids brains is the same argument they made in the 80's about Nintendo, and then in the 90's, 2000's. Same argument they made about TV itself, back in the day. I would be willing to bet that the average amount of time spent in from of TV screen more than doubled from the 50's to 80's.

I stayed home Saturday rather than go out with some friends, because I wanted to play my new(er) guitar, and watch a movie. Some people would probably consider that a tad weird. But hey, that's what I enjoy. I love sitting down at dicking around on the guitar. And if you don't dig it then don't do it. But you can kiss my ass if you try to tell me to get a life. You do whatever is you want to do, and allow me the same. Easy peasey.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 03:18 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, there's some bickering going on here.  I don't read the boards all that much and am way late to the party.  But I justed wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

I'm, 37, was way too old to have experienced the Pokemon craze.  So I definitely don't get it at all.  And as an already not huge user of my smartphone for anything other email, than surfing the web and making calls, it's hard for me to understand the appeal of investing the amount of time some do into anything mobile related.  

With all the said, I'm not supposed to get it.  It's not for me.  My nostalgia is shit like the Goonies, Transformers, He-Man.  Maybe Saved by the Bell.  So it makes entirely perfect sense to me, from the standpoint of only people looking to get back into something they used to do. And there's things called fads, where a lot of people kind of get into the same thing, and most likely for no better reason than that's it fun and a lot of people they know are doing it.  But we don't need to get into that.

Who really cares that a younger generation is kinda reliving their childhood, no different than the boomers created what was the baseball card boom, and the modern vintage guitar market.  Everything was classic cars to old records are mainly driven by nostalgia.

So I'm sorry, but if you're shitting on others for not being mature or not having a life then I think you really need to re-examine your own time.  One could easily argue than the amount of wasted time or effort  playing Pokemon Go pails in comparison to the amount of time taking digs at anonymous strangers, on a message board.  

If you dig Pokemon Go, have a blast.  Just don't hop my fence, run in front of my car, or inconvenience me.  And that's all I really care about.  Mobile gaming or cell phones rotting kids brains is the same argument they made in the 80's about Nintendo, and then in the 90's, 2000's.  Same argument they made about TV itself, back in the day.  I would be willing to bet that the average amount of time spent in from of TV screen more than doubled from the 50's to 80's.  

I stayed home Saturday rather than go out with some friends, because I wanted to play my new(er) guitar, and watch a movie.  Some people would probably consider that a tad weird. But hey, that's what I enjoy.  I love sitting down at dicking around on the guitar.  And if you don't dig it then don't do it.  But you can kiss my ass if you try to tell me to get a life.  You do whatever is you want to do, and allow me the same.  Easy peasey.
Well said.   Clapping
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 05:31 PM)Beaker Wrote: That's what bar hopping, getting stupid drunk, and making questionable sexual decisions is for.

I've worked at a bar for over a year. Been there, done that, and didn't lose much money because I worked at the place.

It's not like I'm going to spend money every night drinking. That's too much money and I work 6 days a week. I mean yeah, it's fun to do that from time to time.

Eh. I've met some pretty awesome people that weren't drunk, remember my name, and will call back.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm 37 (38 in September) and was a little too old for the Pokemon craze when it first came out. I've never watched the show, collected the cards, or played any version of the game. I work full time, I'm married, I have a 2 year old daughter, and I'm in a band. I normally go out with my friends once a week, so I don't tend to have much free time.

With all of that said, I overheard some people talking about Pokemon GO at work one day and thought, what the hell, I'll give it a shot. I've been having a lot of fun with it. I'll play while taking my daughter for a walk, down time at work, or even sitting on the can. As someone who still collects baseball cards and sports memorabilia, I think "collecting" the Pokemon is what appeals to me. It's fun when I catch a new Pokemon. As of right now, I'm level 11 and have 54 different Pokemon. I've hatched some 2k and 5k eggs and am about to hatch my first 10k egg.

For people saying it's not social, I've met several new people by playing the game. Fortunately, everyone has been pleasant. I run into people at Poke Stops or while going for a walk and normally a conversation strikes up. I haven't made it to a meet up yet, but I think that would be a lot of fun. The local news said there were 5,000 people at the last city meet up last Saturday.

There will always be a separation between generations and sometimes we're not always going to "get" what it's all about. That doesn't mean it's wrong, stupid, or that it's not worth checking out. As long as people play responsibly, I don't see the harm. Don't walk in the middle of the street, don't play and drive, don't trespass, and be respectful/mindful of your surroundings.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 10:10 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I'm 37 (38 in September) and was a little too old for the Pokemon craze when it first came out. I've never watched the show, collected the cards, or played any version of the game. I work full time, I'm married, I have a 2 year old daughter, and I'm in a band. I normally go out with my friends once a week, so I don't tend to have much free time.

With all of that said, I overheard some people talking about Pokemon GO at work one day and thought, what the hell, I'll give it a shot. I've been having a lot of fun with it. I'll play while taking my daughter for a walk, down time at work, or even sitting on the can. As someone who still collects baseball cards and sports memorabilia, I think "collecting" the Pokemon is what appeals to me. It's fun when I catch a new Pokemon. As of right now, I'm level 11 and have 54 different Pokemon. I've hatched some 2k and 5k eggs and am about to hatch my first 10k egg.

For people saying it's not social, I've met several new people by playing the game. Fortunately, everyone has been pleasant. I run into people at Poke Stops or while going for a walk and normally a conversation strikes up. I haven't made it to a meet up yet, but I think that would be a lot of fun. The local news said there were 5,000 people at the last city meet up last Saturday.

There will always be a separation between generations and sometimes we're not always going to "get" what it's all about. That doesn't mean it's wrong, stupid, or that it's not worth checking out. As long as people play responsibly, I don't see the harm. Don't walk in the middle of the street, don't play and drive, don't trespass, and be respectful/mindful of your surroundings.

The guy who created the original game was inspired by catching bugs when he was a kid, so the essence of it is all about the collecting part.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote