Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pokemon Go
(07-19-2016, 11:35 AM)Cocoapuffs Wrote: he plays with puppets, so his opinion isnt really valid in this situation

Cute....a steeler fan who thinks he matters.
Reply/Quote
i hope you clean them out after each use

id hate for you to get an infection
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2016, 08:48 AM)Cocoapuffs Wrote: thats different though, on a road outside his house isnt part of his property, and doesnt really fall under stand your ground

Let's let a jury of ******** Floridian gun-nuts decide that!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2016, 04:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let's let a jury of ******** Floridian gun-nuts decide that!

Hopefully the trial will start well after the November election. We don't need them gumming up another election because they have too much on their plate. Especially this one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
[Image: 13782094_1192135810845549_78825735242312...e=583079DD]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
and now someone has wrecked into a cop car while playing....

Also saw the app doesn't just give Nintendo and (company that made game) access to your location but gives them anything that is linked to your google account including being able to send emails on your behalf images you might have address phone numbers and stuff in your contacts.

Probly one of the best datamining schemes of all time and people are paying them money for it.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2016, 10:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: and now someone has wrecked into a cop car while playing....

Also saw the app doesn't just give Nintendo and (company that made game) access to your location but gives them anything that is linked to your google account including being able to send emails on your behalf images you might have address phone numbers and stuff in your contacts.

Probly one of the best datamining schemes of all time and people are paying them money for it.

good luck on them getting anything linked with my gmail

i made it specifically for this, and they wont be getting any money out of me
Reply/Quote
This pokemon go craze speaks to a fundamental flaw in today's society. The instant gratification, not worth doing unless their is a reward for me in it view so many people have today. Why does it take a video game with a cute little reward at the end to get you off your fat ass and go outside? And even then, people are not really "outside" they are ignoring basically all else to the exception of their video screen. It's sad really. Going outside, experiencing the world and living in the present moment is what its really all about. I rode 5 miles last night just to be outside on a nice summer evening. I felt the perfect temperature, I noticed the smells of nature, listened to birds and smiled at people that went by. Why bury your face in a phone screen and run around until you get your animated reward? It's pathetic really.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2016, 05:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: This pokemon go craze speaks to a fundamental flaw in today's society. The instant gratification, not worth doing unless their is a reward for me in it view so many people have today. Why does it take a video game with a cute little reward at the end to get you off your fat ass and go outside? And even then, people are not really "outside" they are ignoring basically all else to the exception of their video screen. It's sad really. Going outside, experiencing the world and living in the present moment is what its really all about. I rode 5 miles last night just to be outside on a nice summer evening. I felt the perfect temperature, I noticed the smells of nature, listened to birds and smiled at people that went by. Why bury your face in a phone screen and run around until you get your animated reward? It's pathetic really.

yeah because we dont go outside with the game and socialize with other people

but you're right, the nerds should just stay inside and let the non nerds do manly things like fantasy football
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 10:02 AM)Cocoapuffs Wrote: yeah because we dont go outside with the game and socialize with other people

but you're right, the nerds should just stay inside and let the non nerds do manly things like fantasy football

No the point is go outside and enjoy nature...  I play video games all the time...   but enjoy going hiking camping canoing and other outdoor activites where there are no video games.. (and I don't play mobile games)   

Your not really socializing with other people by standing near them and starring at your phone...        Hes saying it shouldn't take a reward system for someone to be active being active is its own reward.  Being healthy is its own reward.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 10:33 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: No the point is go outside and enjoy nature...  I play video games all the time...   but enjoy going hiking camping canoing and other outdoor activites where there are no video games.. (and I don't play mobile games)   

Your not really socializing with other people by standing near them and starring at your phone...        Hes saying it shouldn't take a reward system for someone to be active being active is its own reward.  Being healthy is its own reward.

hardly anyone in my area is just standing around and staring at their phone

people will talk and walk together and socialize, then when one pops up, catch it, and then go back to talking, rinse and repeat

but i'm not rolling on a bike in sunny, swampy florida
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 10:48 AM)Cocoapuffs Wrote: hardly anyone in my area is just standing around and staring at their phone

people will talk and walk together and socialize, then when one pops up, catch it, and then go back to talking, rinse and repeat

but i'm not rolling on a bike in sunny, swampy florida

I wouldn't waste your time any further. Anyone with even a minimal familiarity with the game would know that it's not that engrossing.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 11:44 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I wouldn't waste your time any further. Anyone with even a minimal familiarity with the game would know that it's not that engrossing.
yeah i guess you're right
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 10:02 AM)Cocoapuffs Wrote: yeah because we dont go outside with the game and socialize with other people

Socialize....lol. If by socialize you mean run around entranced by your phone screen looking for a reward" then yeah.

But everyone should get outside and experience the real world more...even nerds.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 12:40 PM)Beaker Wrote: Socialize....lol. If by socialize you mean run around entranced by your phone screen looking for a reward" then yeah.

But everyone should get outside and experience the real world more...even nerds.

apaprently reading comprehension isnt your strong point, its been explained that it's not what people are doing

people are going out and meeting others and socializing and only really just staring at their phone while they catch it, once its caught, they go back to socializing with those that are there

but hey, its no different than posting on a bengals message board (as has been mentioned before already)
Reply/Quote
I saw some people out the other night playing the game.

Guess what? They didn't bury their faces in their phones and they were talking to each other. Amazing. I guess some talking heads need to take a chill pill.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'd say it comes down to personal taste. It's not my cup o' tea, but I won't condemn anybody who likes it.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Always interesting with everyone who knows exactly what is wrong with society today. People have known exactly what is wrong with society today for the last 200 years. Every generation knows that the next generation is horrible and ruining their country. The fundamental issue is, people don't like change and as years past things change. It doesn't make things wrong, but it does make them different. When the old people today were out driving their cars and listening to rock and roll some old guy was saying that is exactly what is wrong with society today.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 05:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Always interesting with everyone who knows exactly what is wrong with society today. People have known exactly what is wrong with society today for the last 200 years. Every generation knows that the next generation is horrible and ruining their country. The fundamental issue is, people don't like change and as years past things change. It doesn't make things wrong, but it does make them different. When the old people today were out driving their cars and listening to rock and roll some old guy was saying that is exactly what is wrong with society today.

Posts like this are what's wrong with society today.
Reply/Quote
I'm only 46, but the fact that I have no real idea what the hell Pokemon Go is or why it's such a big deal...is starting to make me feel like an out of touch old fart!  LOL

[Image: main-qimg-c3e1b3e07726e57bf69184bf38759d..._webp=true]
Reply/Quote