Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pokemon Go
I was busy collecting sexual conquests, when Pokemon came out.
Perhaps now that I'm old and married, I should look into it.
I do remember watching Digimon, in a drunken haze, at some point.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
"Go get a job!"
I have a job working with mentally challenged and autistic individuals. Sometimes I walk around parks with them and let them play Pokemon Go on their phone. They've even met others and although some are impaired, they felt included in a group and honestly, that makes me feel good about this thing.

"Go out and enjoy nature and not play a game!"
I go for jogs every day for an hour.

"Get a girlfriend!"
I play Pokemon Go with a girl I'm into. It's also not a bad date idea overall. Saves money, go adventuring somewhere, and you both are doing something you're interested in.

"You're what's wrong with this country!"
Why? Because I contribute to society and don't follow the norm of going out and partying every chance I get?

"Go bar hopping and get stupid drunk and make bad decisions!"
It's not like I would do this every day. Have to be smart about money and have priorities. I'm 24 with a career. Let me enjoy life.

"Don't go hopping over my fence!"
You don't have to, actually. It has a GPS signal that shoots out for a certain radius. People that actually jump fences don't realize that. You don't have to be on top of a Pokemon.

I honestly don't understand all the hate people are giving this right now. It's pretty much the same as people complaining whenever video games were first introduced.

I'm not into hunting or fishing. I've tried it, don't like it. Some people love it. I'm not going to condemn or belittle someone for doing it. I just choose not to do it. Just as some of you choose not to play the game. And that's fine. For some on here, you're not the target audience. But it's doing quite well and people are enjoying it. Don't like it? Cool. Your opinion isn't going to make me change what I do in life. I'm going to enjoy it and not allow people's opinions hold me back.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 12162.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Vets confront Pokemon hunters at Memorial Park.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 04:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Vets confront Pokemon hunters at Memorial Park.

And those kids deserve to be yelled at. They were douchebags too
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 10:22 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: And those kids deserve to be yelled at. They were douchebags too

True. Both parties were idiots there. 

That said, I read that Niantic (makers of the game) have been good about honoring the requests to have certain pokéstops removed, such as the Hiroshima/Nagasaki memorials and Arlington Cemetery.
Reply/Quote
Very disrespectful. Very sad!

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 11:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very disrespectful. Very sad!

Right? Violence and threatening have no place in a memorial park.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 10:22 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: And those kids deserve to be yelled at. They were douchebags too

It was a public park.  the kids did absolutely nothing wrong.  The only assholes were the vets who seemed to think that they owned the place.

To me the actions of the vets was much more disrespectful than anything the kids did.  Nothing shows more disrespect than getting violent and destroying property.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was a public park.  the kids did absolutely nothing wrong.  The only assholes were the vets who seemed to think that they owned the place.

To me the actions of the vets was much more disrespectful than anything the kids did.  Nothing shows more disrespect than getting violent and destroying property.

It was a veterans memorial and the veterans had previously asked them not to set up a tent shelter there as they felt it was disrespectful. Yes the memorial is a public place, but a different decorum is expected at memorials than regular public park spaces. The kids were wrong to not respect the vets request to not put the shelter there. The vets were wrong to get so upset and take it to that level.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 01:56 PM)Beaker Wrote: Yes the memorial is a public place, but a different decorum is expected at memorials than regular public park spaces.

The kids were not doing anything to the memorial.  The rest of the area is a park intended for recreation.

If the kids were doing anything to the memorial then I would agree they were being disrespectful.  But the rest of the park is intended for recreation and I see no difference between throwing a frisbee and playing Pokemon.  Are these asshole vets really going to blow a gasket every time anyone does anything fun in a park intended for recreation?

I was glad to see that the guy who trashed the tent was charged with disorderly conduct.  Pitching a fit and acting like a crazy thug is no way to show respect to veterans.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The kids were not doing anything to the memorial. 

The tent shelter was set up within a couple feet of the memorial. Maybe its obstruction of the memorial was what they considered disrespectful. In any case it could have been easily solved by the kids simply moving away from the memorial. No reason that couldn't have occurred in deference to the vets wishes. But the "I don't have to move if I don't want to...its a free country" mentality vs the "I fought and my friends died so you could have that right" mentality kicked in and it was on.
Reply/Quote
I found a local story on it. A lot of people are upset that there is now a lot more people at the park and the grass is being damaged. The city is now trying to ban a number of things from there, including tents and hammocks.

from the video, the only disrespect is from the older man. It's a section of a public recreational park and not one limited to veterans. I like how he gets aggressive with the pregnant woman.

Maybe they should have just moved instead of fighting with the older people. Maybe the older people act like only they can use the park. Maybe I don't really care because dumb people will fight no matter what.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Yelling threats before rushing with a closed fist is a bad idea. Minnesota is a concealed carry state. Missed opportunity.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Without knowing the back story; I'd lay the blame at the feet of the vets;especially the one running around acting the fool. WTS, I am speaking from someone who has never walking a mile in his shoes. I've seen combat and lost friends, but I don't presume to have seen 1/3 of what those folks saw.

The kids were immature and provoked it on many levels, but they are a bunch of kids walking around looking for fake monsters on their cell phones. You cannot assume a high degree of maturity.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was a public park.  the kids did absolutely nothing wrong.  The only assholes were the vets who seemed to think that they owned the place.

Those kids were just as disrespectful as the vets, unless im missing something. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 05:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I found a local story on it. A lot of people are upset that there is now a lot more people at the park and the grass is being damaged. The city is now trying to ban a number of things from there, including tents and hammocks.

from the video, the only disrespect is from the older man. It's a section of a public recreational park and not one limited to veterans. I like how he gets aggressive with the pregnant woman.

Maybe they should have just moved instead of fighting with the older people. Maybe the older people act like only they can use the park. Maybe I don't really care because dumb people will fight no matter what.

I agree with everything you said, but I felt as if they teenagers were verbally disrespectful as well. One kid was talking about the guys daughter at one point... I mean cmon man. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 11:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I agree with everything you said, but I felt as if they teenagers were verbally disrespectful as well. One kid was talking about the guys daughter at one point... I mean cmon man. 

I should have watched the middle then, I probably missed it. When I see a video of a bunch of dumb people fighting with another bunch of dumb people, I skim through it. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 05:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I found a local story on it. A lot of people are upset that there is now a lot more people at the park and the grass is being damaged. The city is now trying to ban a number of things from there, including tents and hammocks.

Got aggressive with the pregnant woman?  Looked the other way around to me.  He asked ol buddy if he would like it if he talked to his pregnant wife the way ol buddy talked to his daughter.  Then, ol girl finally looks up from her phone and goes ape shit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 12:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Got aggressive with the pregnant woman?  Looked the other way around to me.  He asked ol buddy if he would like it if he talked to his pregnant wife the way ol buddy talked to his daughter.  Then, ol girl finally looks up from her phone and goes ape shit.

Lol she was acting like a major hardo. Easy babe. 
Reply/Quote