Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
[Image: 3719_550096641686460_1798456579_n.jpg?oh...e=56CA7EE1]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Census

In the 2012 Census 64.1% or 7,160,399 self-identified as white.[12] The majority of the ancestry of White Cubans comes from Spain. During the 18th, 19th and early part of the 20th century especially, large waves of Canary Islanders, Galicians, Asturians and Catalans emigrated from Spain to Cuba. Other European nationalities which immigrated include: English, Scots, Russians, Poles, Portuguese, Romanians, Italians, Greeks, French, Germans and Irish. Central and Eastern European influence was mostly during the Cold War years and immigration from the British Isles was mostly in Pinar del Rio Province and Havana
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubans
Reply/Quote
"In the 2012 Census 64.1% or 7,160,399 self-identified as white"

But we can't let Cubans make this decision. Lucie gets to decide for them.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, upon further review I guess you didn't say that.  You said: "Are they classified as white because they take conservative views..... That would throw off the polling quite a bit."

Yes because it's ridiculous. But that's the gov for you. Yet to find a Cuban who refers themselves as white
Reply/Quote
Hail Satin.

LOL

[Image: 12182867_942540339154623_8062346563945223902_o.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 04:39 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:    Yet to find a Cuban who refers themselves as white

How many have you actually asked?

That doesn't seem like the type of question that would come up in conversation very often.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 04:39 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes because it's ridiculous. But that's the gov for you. Yet to find a Cuban who refers themselves as white
[Image: mark-cuban-outwork-and-outlearn-competition2.jpg]

6andcounting: 1
StLucieBengal: 0

Why does it look like he just tripped an opposing player on a break away? LOL
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 02:52 PM)6andcounting Wrote: [Image: mark-cuban-outwork-and-outlearn-competition2.jpg]

6andcounting: 1
StLucieBengal: 0

Why does it look like he just tripped an opposing player on a break away? LOL

Nicely done my friend haha rep to you.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How many have you actually asked?

That doesn't seem like the type of question that would come up in conversation very often.

we all make fun of each other constantly. But some are light skinned and are mistaken and they get mad which is funny. My one mate is a light skinned Cuban and we call him Whitey because a girl thought he was white when she turned him down.

But it's not hard to pick out a Cuban. They aren't white.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where did I call Cubans white?  Matt and breech were the ones calling them white.   Cubans aren't not white they are Cubans.

Another blatant lie.  I never called Cubans any race.  I stated being Cuban was a nationality like being American.  Cubans, like Americans, are made up of more than one race and ethnicity.  If you were a teacher once I understand why you aren't now.
Reply/Quote
Here is a joke again.

[Image: 12191899_770223523100986_118043530649428...907f5c7945]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 12227094_1115795135114821_40235423200003...e=56F2EFB6]

[Image: 11219106_1115756045118730_34728979424379...e=56B7B48D]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where did I call Cubans white? Matt and breech were the ones calling them white. Cubans aren't not white they are Cubans.

(11-07-2015, 03:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Another blatant lie.  I never called Cubans any race.  I stated being Cuban was a nationality like being American.  Cubans, like Americans, are made up of more than one race and ethnicity.  If you were a teacher once I understand why you aren't now.

I also did not call them white. I said they were classified as such on the Census (referring to Hispanic/Latino classifications).
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I also did not call them white. I said they were classified as such on the Census (referring to Hispanic/Latino classifications).

That what I was referring to... I assumed you were taking the government position that Cubans are white people.

Which I have yet to meet one.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 03:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Another blatant lie.  I never called Cubans any race.  I stated being Cuban was a nationality like being American.  Cubans, like Americans, are made up of more than one race and ethnicity.  If you were a teacher once I understand why you aren't now.

The fact you even got involved into whether Cubans are white is pretty funny. Matt was being cheeky with his census post .... You are just being over the top.

Make sure you tell the next Cuban you run into that they aren't really a people. Like I said I have yet to run into one that claims themselves to be white. But please make 10 other posts with graphs trying to make a point that no one cares about.

My initial post was cheeky as well. Since you all call everything racist or some other form of -ist

I guess you can't take a joke . Which is funny that you put this much effort into me having a laugh with Sunset.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 08:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The fact you even got involved into whether Cubans are white is pretty funny.   Matt was being cheeky with his census post .... You are just being over the top.  

Make sure you tell the next Cuban you run into that they aren't really a people.   Like I said I have yet to run into one that claims themselves to be white.    But please make 10 other posts with graphs trying to make a point that no one cares about.    

My initial post was cheeky as well.  Since you all call everything racist or some other form of -ist

I guess you can't take a joke .  Which is funny that you put this much effort into me having a laugh with Sunset.

https://books.google.com/books?id=2a6Sq2K4AYUC&pg=PA171&lpg=PA171&dq=cubans+who+identify+as+white&source=bl&ots=kqU2CGZHFx&sig=cpYJBCe4T3UhJljUA7oWKdVxmHY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDUQ6AEwA2oVChMIhfT7uMH_yAIVhSYeCh10YwdF#v=onepage&q=cubans%20who%20identify%20as%20white&f=false

[Image: 110715.jpg]

Quote:Is there such a thing as a ‘white’ Cuban?

April 16, 2012 by Alberto de la Cruz

In a follow up to a post below, a new paper in PLoS Genetics has some data on American Hispanics. Specifically, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Mexicans, and Cubans, as well as assorted Central and South Americans. I am not too interested in the cases except Cubans; no one doubts the mixed heritage of the other groups, though the African ancestry of Mexicans, and some Central and South Americans may surprise (again, I have to note that this not surprising in light of history, and has been robustly confirmed in the genomic literature).

But Cuban Americans are somewhat a special case. The vast majority, specifically, 85 percent, identify as white. This is a higher proportion than the number of self-identified whites in Cuba, and a function of the skewed nature of the migration out of Cuba socially and economically. By and large the white elite of the island fled Castro’s revolution to a far greater extent than the black lower classes. And contrary to American stereotypes of Latin American ease and openness about race, Cuba was a relatively stratified society, albeit [i]notcharacterized by hypodescent. Slavery was not abolished on the island until 1884. Additionally, Cuba did experience a relatively large wave of Spanish immigration in the early 20th century. I have taken the claims of “pure Spanish ancestry” on face value in the past because of this history. But further genomic evidence makes me reconsider the biases in the reporting of ancestry. For example, I have heard singer Gloria Estefan mention that her heritage was of recent Spanish immigrants from Cuba, but Wikipedia indicates that this is the origin of her maternal lineage. It leaves her paternal lineage unaccounted for. I have no doubt that her father’s family were white Cubans, but if their roots on the island were somewhat deep, I am also sure that they had non-trivial African, and possibly Amerindian, ancestry.[/i]

Mellow
Reply/Quote
Whatever you just posted I will have to read on my PC. You just jacked up my screen with all that haha
Reply/Quote
[Image: tsokr.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 08:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The fact you even got involved into whether Cubans are white is pretty funny.   Matt was being cheeky with his census post .... You are just being over the top. 

I'm "being over the top" because I wrote being Cuban is similar to being American, both are composed of multiple races and ethnicities?  Get a grip on reality.

Quote:Make sure you tell the next Cuban you run into that they aren't really a people.   

That would be the same as telling an American they really aren't an American which would be so stupid only you would suggest it.

Quote:Like I said I have yet to run into one that claims themselves to be white.    But please make 10 other posts with graphs trying to make a point that no one cares about.    

Yes, and you also saw a teenager working the cash register who pretended to do homework whenever there were customers.  You're a habitual liar.  I haven't posted a single graph on this topic so I certainly wouldn't "make 10 other posts with graphs."

Quote:My initial post was cheeky as well.  Since you all call everything racist or some other form of -ist 

Another lie.

Quote:I guess you can't take a joke .  Which is funny that you put this much effort into me having a laugh with Sunset.

Hilarious

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Political-Comics-Memes-Jokes-etc?pid=94519#pid94519
Reply/Quote
Keep reading back. Sunset posted a pic and someone got all uppity about it being racist.

It was probably you haha
Reply/Quote