Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(04-12-2016, 12:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am surprised that you would have no problem with that guy coming into a men's room with your children present.

Maybe you are not as "manly" as I thought. Smirk

If I had my children in the men's room with me, and that guy walked in?  I'm sure he would be humble..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

[Image: 12998711_998258403544544_830074301779025...e=577FC2E7]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 09:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If I had my children in the men's room with me, and that guy walked in?  I'm sure he would be humble..

Why would he have to be humble?  You have no problem with a guy like that in a men's room, right?  Isn't that the whole point of the cartoon you posted?  It is only a problem if a guy like that walks into a ladies room.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 09:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would he have to be humble?  You have no problem with a guy like that in a men's room, right?  Isn't that the whole point of the cartoon you posted?  It is only a problem if a guy like that walks into a ladies room.

He'd have to be humble, as I would be there.  Protecting my kids safety.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

[Image: 12986952_1272934442736043_69613330386058...e=57C02A2B]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

[Image: 1936170_1191166267568332_224412297601180...e=57B4AFDC]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 10:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He'd have to be humble, as I would be there.  Protecting my kids safety.

Protecting them from what?   Since he has a penis there is no problem with a guy like that in a men's room.  It is only a problem if he goes in the women's room, right?  Isn't that what the new laws are all about?  
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 11:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Protecting them from what?   Since he has a penis there is no problem with a guy like that in a men's room.  It is only a problem if he goes in the women's room, right?  Isn't that what the new laws are all about?  

Protecting them from any potential danger.  As any parent would do.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 11:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Protecting them from any potential danger.  As any parent would do.

What danger?  The guy has a penis.  What could be wrong with letting him into the mens room?  Isn't it only a problem if he goes in the ladies room, right?  Isn't that why all these states need a "bathroom bill"?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 12:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What danger?  The guy has a penis.  What could be wrong with letting him into the mens room?  Isn't it only a problem if he goes in the ladies room, right?  Isn't that why all these states need a "bathroom bill"?

If he has a penis, and went into the men's room.  He's in the right place.  Get it?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 12:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If he has a penis, and went into the men's room.  He's in the right place.  Get it?

No I don't.

I don't think that guy has a right to behave that way in EITHER bathroom.  So I don't understand the point of the cartoon you posted.  It appears that the cartoon was made in response to the furor over "bathroom bills" being proposed in several states.  So in order for that cartoon to support your position you have to assume that the problem is that the guy is allowed in the ladies room, but there is no problem with him acting the same way in the mens room.

It makes no sense at all.  It doesn't matter which bathroom he is allowed to enter because the behavior should be prohibited in EITHER bathroom.  The problem with a guy like this has ZERO to do with the issue addressed in "bathroom bills".  

Anyone who thinks that allowing transgender people to use a certain bathroom means they are allowed to expose themselves to children or videotape other people using the bathroom is a rube.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think that guy has a right to behave that way in EITHER bathroom. 

Behave in what way? The cartoon depicts someone walking into a bathroom saying something possibly true but probably not about themselves. That's it. He's not flashing anyone; he's not assaulting anyone. What behavior is he exhibiting that's so abhorrent that this "woman" would not be welcome in ANY bathroom?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 11:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Behave in what way? The cartoon depicts someone walking into a bathroom saying something possibly true but probably not about themselves. That's it. He's not flashing anyone; he's not assaulting anyone. What behavior is he exhibiting that's so abhorrent that this "woman" would not be welcome in ANY bathroom?

You are a poor parent if you don't have a problem with a person of any sex carrying a video camera entering the ladies room your daughters are using.

Or a man in a trench coat with fake pantslegs entering the mens room your sons are using.

Personally I would not let that happen, and it has NOTHING to do with the person being transgender or not.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 12:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are a poor parent if you don't have a problem with a person of any sex carrying a video camera entering the ladies room your daughters are using.

But I guess some people will say anything in order to support discrimination.

Oh, I most definitely have a problem with it. The difference is I think the guy should NEVER be allowed in the Ladies' room (unless he's post-op) and should always be going to the MEN's room. You think he should be allowed to use the Ladies room, just as soon as he puts that video camera away.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 11:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Behave in what way? The cartoon depicts someone walking into a bathroom saying something possibly true but probably not about themselves. That's it. He's not flashing anyone; he's not assaulting anyone. What behavior is he exhibiting that's so abhorrent that this "woman" would not be welcome in ANY bathroom?

(04-13-2016, 12:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh, I most definitely have a problem with it. 

Grow up.  I am not going to discuss this with you if you won't even admit what you just said.

I am in favor of punishing actions.  You are in favor of punishing people for their beliefs.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Grow up.  I am not going to discuss this with you if you won't even admit what you just said.

I am in favor of punishing actions.  You are in favor of punishing people for their beliefs.

Oh, I'm sorry. Was I making a joke in the JOKE thread? My bad. Punish me, fred. My ass is up in the air and awaiting your punishment. Mooning 

Seriously, though, I'm not in favor of punishing people for their beliefs. I'm in favor of right and wrong. And having a penis, but using the Ladies' room is wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 12:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Seriously, though, I'm not in favor of punishing people for their beliefs. I'm in favor of right and wrong. And having a penis, but using the Ladies' room is wrong.

No it isn't.  It doesn't hurt or harm anyone in any way.  

But forcing a transgender person to use the opposite bathroom hurts everyone.  The person forced to use the wrong bathroom feels uncomfortable.  Everyone in the bathroom feels uncomfortable.

To me hurting people is "wrong", and not hurting people is "right".  

How do you judge what is right and wrong?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't.  It doesn't hurt or harm anyone in any way.  

But forcing a transgender person to use the opposite bathroom hurts everyone.  The person forced to use the wrong bathroom feels uncomfortable.  Everyone in the bathroom feels uncomfortable.

To me hurting people is "wrong", and not hurting people is "right".  

How do you judge what is right and wrong?

I don't believe forcing a transgender person to use the opposite bathroom hurts everyone, but besides that, I'm not in favor of forcing transgender people to use the opposite bathrooms. I'm in favor of forcing pre-op transgender people from using the opposite bathroom. With some exceptions, the only people uncomfortable would be the transgender person. And while I honestly dont' want to make anyone uncomfortable, I would do so at the risk of the larger group. I would rather 1 pre-op transgender woman be uncomfortable in the men's room, then the 4 or more naturally-born women (for lack of a better term) be uncomfortable.

I mean if the whole point of this discussion is to make people comfortable, then we first need to realize, we're not going to make things comfortable for EVERYONE (heck, I know some people who can't use public restrooms at all; not because of their gender but more because of the idea of the dirtiness of them) and if that's the case, we should focus on making things as comfortable as possible for most people. 
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 12:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote:  I would rather 1 pre-op transgender woman be uncomfortable in the men's room, then the 4 or more naturally-born women (for lack of a better term) be uncomfortable.

we should focus on making things as comfortable as possible for most people. 

The naturally born women will not be uncomfortable because they will have no idea anything is different.

So if we let the transgender people use the bathroom of the sex they identify with everyone will be happy.  But when you make women who look like men use the ladies room (and vice versa) EVERYONE is uncomfortable.
Reply/Quote
Dont go mucking up the funny thread with this BS ^
Reply/Quote