Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(05-18-2020, 09:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is viruse actually a word? 

Yes, no less than aubergine.   Ninja

It's actually a play on words, combining virus and ruse..  Get it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 08:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep on telling yourselves that the mask you're wearing is keeping you safe..

...sigh...

They are preventative...not miracle cures.

[Image: 460x1240.jpg]

[Image: 3w3kza.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, no less than aubergine.   Ninja

So the virus is a ‘ruse’? Reach back into your catholic education and diagram that one for me.

Would certainly be nice if daddy could provide those ‘good ones’ for essential persons though.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, no less than aubergine.   Ninja

Maybe they are trying to convince the sheeple that the virus is a ruse so they can keep all the bleach cures for themselves. 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 10:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: ...sigh...

They are preventative...not miracle cures.

[Image: 460x1240.jpg]

[Image: 3w3kza.jpg]

That's a really ironic picture you posted there..  I seem to remember the esteemed Dr. Fauci saying that masks do not prevent the spread of the virus.  But, I digress from your onslaught against anyone who sees things differently than you.  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 11:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a really ironic picture you posted there..  I seem to remember the esteemed Dr. Fauci saying that masks do not prevent the spread of the virus.  But, I digress from your onslaught against anyone who sees things differently than you.  Mellow

When did he say that?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 11:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: When did he say that?

He didn’t. It’s more conservative misleading fake news BS.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 11:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: When did he say that?

As best I can tell, looks to be on or just before February 17th.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/02/17/nih-disease-official-anthony-fauci-risk-of-coronavirus-in-u-s-is-minuscule-skip-mask-and-wash-hands/4787209002/

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2020, 09:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As best I can tell, looks to be on or just before February 17th.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/02/17/nih-disease-official-anthony-fauci-risk-of-coronavirus-in-u-s-is-minuscule-skip-mask-and-wash-hands/4787209002/

Clearly we're living in the same situation as 3 months ago.

How dare he reevaluate his position.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2020, 09:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As best I can tell, looks to be on or just before February 17th.

Yep right at the beginning of the "testing".

Quote:Masks. The only people who need masks are those who are already infected to keep from exposing others. The masks sold at drugstores aren't even good enough to truly protect anyone, Fauci said.

"If you look at the masks that you buy in a drug store, the leakage around that doesn't really do much to protect you," he said. "People start saying, 'Should I start wearing a mask?' Now, in the United States, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear a mask."

Then, like many things, there was new information and the recommendations changed.  Why that is so hard for some people is understandable when you realize they form a single idea and refuse any new information.  

[Image: it0qa.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Quote:[color=var(--type-primary,#303030)]The only people who need masks are those who are already infected to keep from exposing others. The masks sold at drugstores aren't even good enough to truly protect anyone, Fauci said.[/color]

[color=var(--type-primary,#303030)]"If you look at the masks that you buy in a drug store, the leakage around that doesn't really do much to protect you," he said. "People start saying, 'Should I start wearing a mask?' Now, in the United States, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear a mask."[/color]

Not sure why it posted big and red.

Anyway, that was back before the spread.

Why did it spread?

Because those infected 1- couldn't get a test and didn't know they were infected, which led to 2- didn't wear a mask and infected others.

The mask isn't about your safety. It's about the fact you may be a carrier and spreading it to someone else. In other words, its about other people's safety.

I'm not big on masks. I'm not big on being told what to do. But my wife's a nurse and she put it terms if understand: Benton's dad has copd and is 67. Benton could have corona. Of Benton goes to see his dad, even if he feels fine, and doesn't wear a mask, it would probably kill be tons dad givwn the prexisting condition.
Reply/Quote

Quote:[color=var(--type-primary,#303030)]The only people who need masks are those who are already infected to keep from exposing others. The masks sold at drugstores aren't even good enough to truly protect anyone, Fauci said.[/color]

[color=var(--type-primary,#303030)]"If you look at the masks that you buy in a drug store, the leakage around that doesn't really do much to protect you," he said. "People start saying, 'Should I start wearing a mask?' Now, in the United States, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wear a mask."[/color]

Not sure why it posted big and red.

Why did it spread?

Because those infected 1- couldn't get a test and didn't know they were infected, which led to 2- didn't wear a mask and infected others.

The mask isn't about your safety. It's about the fact you may be a carrier and spreading it to someone else. In other words, its about other people's safety.

I'm not big on masks. I'm not big on being told what to do. But my wife's a nurse and she put it terms if understand: Benton's dad has copd and is 67. Benton could have corona. If Benton goes to see his dad, even if he feels fine, and doesn't wear a mask, it could kill bentons dad given the prexisting condition.
Reply/Quote

Third god damn paragraph . . .

Quote: Fauci says skip the masks unless you are contagious

Since 25% of people don’t have symptoms and don’t know they are sick plus others are in the incubation period, but still capable of transmitting the infection to others the CDC has recommended the general public wear something covering their face, even if it is a scarf or bandana, BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE DONT KNOW THEY’RE CONTAGIOUS.

God damn. This is about the least complicated shit I got to deal with and it’s just beyond some people.

How difficult is it to understand to cover your mouth and nose so you don’t get others sick?

That’s all this is. It’s literally just one additional step to common courtesy.

FFS! My grandfather’s generation sacrificed their youth for the greater good during WWII and we can’t be bothered to wear a bandana over our face at Publix so maybe somebody’s grandmother with diabetes doesn’t get sick and potentially die and maybe open up the economy sooner.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2020, 09:12 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Clearly we're living in the same situation as 3 months ago.

How dare he reevaluate his position.

(05-19-2020, 09:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yep right at the beginning of the "testing".

Then, like many things, there was new information and the recommendations changed.  Why that is so hard for some people is understandable when you realize they form a single idea and refuse any new information.  

[Image: it0qa.jpg]

(05-19-2020, 09:18 AM)Benton Wrote: Not sure why it posted big and red.

Why did it spread?

I'm not big on masks. I'm not big on being told what to do. But my wife's a nurse and she put it terms if understand: Benton's dad has copd and is 67. Benton could have corona. Of Benton goes to see his dad, even if he feels fine, and doesn't wear a mask, it would probably kill be tons dad givwn the prexisting condition.

(05-19-2020, 09:18 AM)Benton Wrote: Not sure why it posted big and red.

Why did it spread?

(05-19-2020, 10:14 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Third god damn paragraph . . .

Since 25% of people don’t have symptoms and don’t know they are sick plus others are in the incubation period, but still capable of transmitting the infection to others the CDC has recommended the general public wear something covering their face, even if it is a scarf or bandana, BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE DONT KNOW THEY’RE CONTAGIOUS.

God damn. This is about the least complicated shit I got to deal with and it’s just beyond some people.

How difficult is it to understand to cover your mouth and nose so you don’t get others sick?

That’s all this is. It’s literally just one additional step to common courtesy.

FFS!  My grandfather’s generation sacrificed their youth for the greater good during WWII and we can’t be bothered to wear a bandana over our face at Publix so maybe somebody’s grandmother with diabetes doesn’t get sick and potentially die and maybe open up the economy sooner.

Look, I posted a meme that made me chuckle, and I get a swarm of negativity.  I make reference that the "expert" that everyone trusts said masks aren't a failsafe option.  I get another swarm response of skepticism and negativity.  I point out exactly when the expert said what he said, I get a swarm of people wanting to move the goal posts.

Look, nobody is saying that you shouldn't wear a mask if it makes you feel safer.  I'm just saying that you're likely not as safe as you might want to believe by wearing one.  However, there is no reason that one single opinion that differs from all of y'all in yours, is any reason to try to hold a massive group intervention, like "quick, someone just threw a lit match into the hay barn!" LOL   

Benton, I can empathize with your situation.  Been tough dealing with staying away from my parents during all of this, too.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

So you made it up... ffs man, now is not the time to be spreading absolute bullshit that affects the public health.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2020, 10:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Look, I posted a meme that made me chuckle, and I get a swarm of negativity.  I make reference that the "expert" that everyone trusts said masks aren't a failsafe option.  I get another swarm response of skepticism and negativity.  I point out exactly when the expert said what he said, I get a swarm of people wanting to move the goal posts.

Look, nobody is saying that you shouldn't wear a mask if it makes you feel safer.  I'm just saying that you're likely not as safe as you might want to believe by wearing one.  However, there is no reason that one single opinion that differs from all of y'all in yours, is any reason to try to hold a massive group intervention, like "quick, someone just threw a lit match into the hay barn!" LOL   

Benton, I can empathize with your situation.  Been tough dealing with staying away from my parents during all of this, too.  

You have a history of posting shit that’s completely made up. Dino pointed out that the point of masks is to prevent the spread from you to others, and you responded by claiming that Fauci said it doesn’t.

Your proof was Fauci saying in February that we don’t all need to wear masks yet. That’s not proof of him saying they don’t prevent the spread.

Normally when you make things up, it’s ok because it’s just about blindly believing whatever dumb thing Trump said about Russia. Now, however, you’re promoting shit that can impact the safety of others. It’s irresponsible.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2020, 10:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Look, I posted a meme that made me chuckle, and I get a swarm of negativity.  .  

Understood, it's just getting to the point of crazy.

Like the guy telling me masks were pointless because he could smell farts. Like, wtf? You don't understand viruses, ok, but you don't get the basic difference between a gas and a liquid?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2020, 10:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Look, I posted a meme that made me chuckle, and I get a swarm of negativity.  I make reference that the "expert" that everyone trusts said masks aren't a failsafe option.  I get another swarm response of skepticism and negativity.  I point out exactly when the expert said what he said, I get a swarm of people wanting to move the goal posts.

I'll just direct you to Pat's post. You could probably stand to read it a few times. 
Reply/Quote
Mellow

[Image: 98003400_4581255068552102_70238493238508...e=5EE81A11]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 97266187_4561814430496166_36689918414259...e=5EEB5A3C]
Reply/Quote