Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(03-11-2021, 12:55 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Handguns are used 3 times more often than rifles in mass shootings. The VAST majority is from handguns, and they're rarely done with rifles.

You didn't answer my question.

But here is another.

What is the largest number of people killed in a mass shooting by someone using a handgun?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 01:31 PM)Dill Wrote: You didn't answer my question.

But here is another.

What is the largest number of people killed in a mass shooting by someone using a handgun?

Idk about world wide, but in the USA the answer to your question is 33, which is the 3rd highest of any mass shooting in the USA.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 03:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Idk about world wide, but in the USA the answer to your question is 33, which is the 3rd highest of any mass shooting in the USA.

V Tech?  Would you say that was an outlier?

What is the gain in arguing that handguns are used more often?  Just wondering.
It does not seem an argument against limiting control of semi-automatic weapons of any kind.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 08:24 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Just watched all of these. I miss his commentary but his visits on Fox were straight up assassinations of the hosts O'Reilly and Wallace.
9-17-2004 - length 7:24

9-22-2010 part 1 - length 11:39

lol I miss O'Reilly too.

"Obama won't give the Republicans anything!"   LMAO  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 03:57 PM)Dill Wrote: V Tech?  Would you say that was an outlier?

What is the gain in arguing that handguns are used more often?  Just wondering.
It does not seem an argument against limiting control of semi-automatic weapons of any kind.

I would say all of your examples are outliers too. The fact that the vast majority of guns used by criminals are obtained illegally. The last I read sub 10% were obtained legally. How are you going you stop an illegal activity from happening? Making it double super illegal? 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 04:15 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I would say all of your examples are outliers too. The fact that the vast majority of guns used by criminals are obtained illegally. The last I read sub 10% were obtained legally. How are you going you stop an illegal activity from happening? Making it double super illegal? 

My examples are not "outliers" if the issue is mass shootings with high body counts.

Double super illegal is a start. But I am not talking about "guns" in general, just assault weapons and magazines with 10+ rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 06:35 PM)Dill Wrote: My examples are not "outliers" if the issue is mass shootings with high body counts.

Double super illegal is a start. But I am not talking about "guns" in general, just assault weapons and magazines with 10+ rounds.

Ah, so you move the goal post from "mass shootings" to "mass shootings with high body counts". Even though the 3rd most deadly shooting was from handguns. Why go after rifles when handguns have 3x the total body count? Does people's lives not matter as much if it's a steady stream of deaths with a higher total compared to a big spike, but a less total?

When sub 10% of criminals guns are legally obtained it's obvious that more laws aren't going to stop it. The people doing the mass shootings are getting the guns from the black market most of the time (which is the highest % of where they get it by far). You'll have to go after the source of where they're getting it, not the source where law abiding citizens get it.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 04:15 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: . How are you going you stop an illegal activity from happening? Making it double super illegal? 

Gun registration.

Criminals don't just roll around in stolen cars because any time they com in contact police they could be arrested.  On the other hand it is simple to own or posses a stolen weapon because police have no way of knowing.

People who oppose gun registration are just helping criminals.  No law abiding citizen has any reason to oppose gun registration.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 07:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: When sub 10% of criminals guns are legally obtained it's obvious that more laws aren't going to stop it. 

Actually gun registration laws would make it MUCH easier for police to enforce the laws already on the books.  Gun registration would make it much harder for criminals to buy weapons on the black market because every gun could be traced back to an owner who is held responsible.
Reply/Quote
[Image: gun-control-for-dummies-before-after-law...C405&ssl=1]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 160004784_755347968441727_13325208998901...e=60727EF7]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
[Image: d6pxqsr1nmm61.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
[Image: 481176_10200823142124908_1494375185_n.jp...e=6073A5F5]
Reply/Quote
[Image: if-legal-gun-owners-had-problem-youd-kno...C390&ssl=1]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 11:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 481176_10200823142124908_1494375185_n.jp...e=6073A5F5]

(03-13-2021, 11:31 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: [Image: if-legal-gun-owners-had-problem-youd-kno...C390&ssl=1]

This is bullshit. Quit down-playing the 2nd amendment. FYI the potential enemy has nukes. Guess what types of weapons are necessary to secure a free state against that type of threat?

If you guessed thermonuclear weapon.... you were right. I have a constitutional right to keep and bear h bombs. Stop infringing on my rights.
Reply/Quote
[Image: cyc7qmmlxum61.png?width=640&crop=smart&a...629839b160]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 09:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: cyc7qmmlxum61.png?width=640&crop=smart&a...629839b160]

Well...Russia won the Cold War in 2016 Ninja
Reply/Quote
[Image: k6hris2540n61.jpg?width=640&height=786&c...c0a33ebb9d]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 07:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Ah, so you move the goal post from "mass shootings" to "mass shootings with high body counts". Even though the 3rd most deadly shooting was from handguns. Why go after rifles when handguns have 3x the total body count? Does people's lives not matter as much if it's a steady stream of deaths with a higher total compared to a big spike, but a less total?

When sub 10% of criminals guns are legally obtained it's obvious that more laws aren't going to stop it. The people doing the mass shootings are getting the guns from the black market most of the time (which is the highest % of where they get it by far). You'll have to go after the source of where they're getting it, not the source where law abiding citizens get it.

I'm a bit late getting back to this. Sorry to leave you hanging. Two quick points:

"Goalposts" are something that ought ought be agreed on ahead of time. Yours were never mine, so I am not "moving" them.

No one disputes that most shootings involve handguns. The issue here, as I understand it, is whether semi-automatic weapons with large magazines make killing more efficient. A shooter who wanted the highest possible body count would likely take an AR-15 over a handgun. Shootings with high body counts, here and abroad, tend to involve automatic weapons. 

For that reason, I don't find it beyond the pale to consider restrictions on semi-automatic weapons and large capacity magazines. I am not swayed by the counter argument that only criminals will then have such weapons, which seem to ignore the legal logic behind any and all restriction of dangerous goods. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: 161233750_10160211398419305_431175432576...e=6075D4BE]
Reply/Quote