Poll: Starting RG?
Adeniji
Carman
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Poll: Adeniji or Carman?
Who should be our starting RG this week?

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Adeniji got ran over last week. I’d give the rookie a chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The coaches see them in hundreds and hundreds of reps in practice. They know more about them than any of us.
Reply/Quote
THE ONLY reason I say Adeniji is because of how far into the post season we are. Communication is going to be so key this week, and I’m afraid Carman may struggle with communication by not being in the lineup most often he year.

In no way do I think Adeniji is good, but I think we are past the point of no return at this point in the seasons
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The coaches see them in hundreds and hundreds of reps in practice.  They know more about them than any of us.

That's never stopped you from giving your opinion.  Always the contrarian. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:04 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Adeniji got ran over last week. I’d give the rookie a chance.

Agree.  I really think it's time Pollack gives Carman the nod at RG. Adenji is just too weak, I watched him get ragdolled far too many times in there. Carman will at least be able to stand his ground against the bull rush. Also, Adeniji had a bad miscommunication with Prince which lead to a free rusher on Joe. His one strength over Carman (I assume) was superior communication.

Also, Carman has a much higher ceiling and may be a starter next season so get him in there now IMO.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:05 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: THE ONLY reason I say Adeniji is because of how far into the post season we are. Communication is going to be so key this week, and I’m afraid Carman may struggle with communication by not being in the lineup most often he year.

In no way do I think Adeniji is good, but I think we are past the point of no return at this point in the seasons

This is the correct answer, especially in one of the loudest stadiums to play in. OP should not even be a standalone thread. The contrast between this useless poll and the thread breaking down actual football film is striking. 
Reply/Quote
How bad must XSF be in practice?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'll preface my opinion by stating I don't have anything valuable to contribute for why I voted Carman.

Zac has mentioned in pressers throughout the year how the team has players that have been in the big games before. He accounts for college ball when making this claim and points out how guys like Burrow, Tee, and Chase played in the college championship. Carman also has college national championship game experience. Maybe he's well-equipped for the big moment to play in the KC stadium.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:06 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: That's never stopped you from giving your opinion.  Always the contrarian. 

There is nothing "contrarian" about generally agreeing with the coaches.  In fact I am pretty consistent with that opinion.

Are you sure you know what the word "contrarian" means?
Reply/Quote
I really don't know. Adeniji started the last KC game, and he's been in the lineup for the playoffs.

But Carman has a better PFF grade (56.3) than Adeniji (48.3).

Carman would probably help us run a little better. I'll trust the coaches on this one (even though I'm normally not one of those dudes who cops out by saying "trust the coaches" all the time)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
You know my vote. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I really don't know. Adeniji started the last KC game, and he's been in the lineup for the playoffs.

But Carman has a better PFF grade (56.3) than Adeniji (48.3).

Carman would probably help us run a little better. I'll trust the coaches on this one (even though I'm normally not one of those dudes who cops out by saying "trust the coaches" all the time)

I generally do trust the coaches especially Pollack but I really want someone to ask him what exactly the reason his hand picked top 50 pick is doing so poorly that Adeniji is in there.  I mean Adeniji looked like a highschool player on some of those plays vs the Titans.  Getting tossed around like a blocking dummy.  Carman would at least be a strong body to slow down Chris Jones. I really don't get it.  

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:35 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I generally do trust the coaches especially Pollack but I really want someone to ask him what exactly the reason his hand picked top 50 pick is doing so poorly that Adeniji is in there.  I mean Adeniji looked like a highschool player on some of those plays vs the Titans.  Getting tossed around like a blocking dummy.  Carman would at least be a strong body to slow down Chris Jones. I really don't get it.  

My same thoughts, but also trust Pollack. We will see how the snaps go and how Adeniji plays if he is again named the starter.

I understand the chemistry argument but how is the chemistry working when the player is getting owned?
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How bad must XSF be in practice?

XSF has been injured practically all season

this says more about Carmen
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The coaches see them in hundreds and hundreds of reps in practice.  They know more about them than any of us.

We've seen hundreds of game reps which is what the team and coaches review and critique during the season.

As for the OP: The number one think Carman has over Adeniji is vision. Carman is way better picking up the twists than Adeniji who struggles in that area. Adeniji struggled when Cleveland ran them in the right side in week 18 and now during the divisional round. On the other side Carman did a good job when the Ravens and when Cleveland tried to do it a bunch. 

After seeing Adeniji look so bad picking up twists vs Celveland and the Titans I expect him to get a heavy dose of it with Melvin Ingram and Chris Jones.

.....Want to add in here the off-season headed into year two will be huge for Jackson Carman. Year 2 is when we see alot of young offensive linemen take that big step.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: We've seen hundreds of game reps which is what the team and coaches review and critique during the season.

As for the OP: The number one think Carman has over Adeniji is vision. Carman is way better picking up the twists than Adeniji who struggles in that area. Adeniji struggled when Cleveland ran them in the right side in week 18 and now during the divisional round. On the other side Carman did a good job when the Ravens and when Cleveland tried to do it a bunch. 

After seeing Adeniji look so bad picking up twists vs Celveland and the Titans I expect him to get a heavy dose of it with Melvin Ingram and Chris Jones.

.....Want to add in here the off-season headed into year two will be huge for Jackson Carman. Year 2 is when we see alot of young offensive linemen take that big step.

Well said. Hope if we start Adeniji it doesn't come back to bite us, nearly did against the Titans and did against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
If Carmen couldn’t earn the starting job during the regular season he won’t earn it now in the playoffs. He must look really bad in practice.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:05 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: THE ONLY reason I say Adeniji is because of how far into the post season we are. Communication is going to be so key this week, and I’m afraid Carman may struggle with communication by not being in the lineup most often he year.

Agreed 100%

Not the best idea to start swapping players in and out at this point in the season.

Who Dey
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 07:43 PM)magikod Wrote: Agreed 100%

Not the best idea to start swapping players in and out at this point in the season.

Who Dey

Normally I would agree with you but in this case Carman has play 462 snaps this year compared to Adeniji's 555 snaps.  So it's not like we would be bringing in someone who hasn't played at all. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote