Poll: Toughest Loss Last 15 years
2016 Steelers Bengals Playoff Loss - Hill
2021 Super Bowl vs Rams
2014 Bengals Chargers Playoff Game
2014 Bengals Browns Reg Season TNF (Dalton 2 Passer Rating Game)
2009 Bengals Broncos Opening day - Stokley Tip
2011 Bengals Texans Playoff (Lost to TJ Yates)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Poll - Toughest Loss of the last 15 years
Sorry for the multiple posts - please delete the others.

Curious what everyones worst loss of the last 15 years was.

For me, it is close between the Dalton 2 rating and the Steelers Playoff loss - but I will go with Steelers Fumble as the worst
Reply/Quote
Having our greatest season in 15 years doesn't change the only choice...we had the SB in our hands.
Reply/Quote
The last Steelers playoff loss, easy. I swore off the Bengals and stuck to it pretty well for 4 years after that. That game ruined my love for football…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Steelers in 16 because we had the game, it would have killed the streak, we had it won, and then Hill broke our hearts.

The Super Bowl was the bigger one, but we know that we'll be back with Burrow and we were underdogs all playoffs, so it hurt less.
Reply/Quote
I voted the Steelers game... I was at the one and just had that feeling we'd blow it.

I did go to the SB and right now that loss stings.. part of it was the long flight back and experience after a loss. I'm eagerly waiting for the season to start so I'll be able to turn the chapter.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Steelers game without a doubt.
Reply/Quote
That Steelers playoff game permanently altered me as a Bengals fan. I’m usually pretty mild about football games, regardless of outcome.

That game ***** crushed me. Lol.
Reply/Quote
I voted the Broncos regular season game....

OK, I didn't do that.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 11:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I voted the Broncos regular season game....

OK, I didn't do that.

Lol - I was there, so it stands out more to me, I suppose. 
Reply/Quote
The Pittsburgh game sent this franchise backwards in a tailspin. It was embarrassing to watch that meltdown. As always we were the bad guys and the Steelers were innocent of any wrong doing..
Reply/Quote
First of all eliminate regular season games that did not keep us out of playoffs (see: last 2 games of '08)

Next eliminate 2011 playoff loss.  We were 4 point underdogs on the road, and it should have been more.  Texans had Yates, but they also had an elite defense (4th points, 2nd yards) and dominant running game (2nd yards, 8th YPC).  We had rookie second round pick Andy Dalton with a lesser defense (9th points, 7th yards) and a weak running game (19th yds, 27th YPC)

Eliminate last years Super Bowl because we were underdogs playing with house money at that point.

That leaves the losses to the Chargers and Stealers.  

But I have to add in the Jets playoff loss.

By far the worst of those three was Pittsburgh.  The way we lost was just a punch in the gut.  AND IT WAS THE #$@&*#@! STEALERS!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Steelers in 16 because we had the game, it would have killed the streak, we had it won, and then Hill broke our hearts.

The Super Bowl was the bigger one, but we know that we'll be back with Burrow and we were underdogs all playoffs, so it hurt less.

Being there in 16 also made it that much worse because we were celebrating, getting ready to light the cigars, making plans to go celebrate downtown, and it went from the highest of highs (for a Bengals fan at the time) to the lowest of lows.
Reply/Quote
The reason I put the Dalton 2 Passer Rating Game on, was just because it was just so utterly embarrassing.

Prime Time
Against the Browns

And it was just so glaringly obvious that this guy was a handicap to the Franchise. We were never going to win anything with him at QB- and the Ownership and some fans just adored the guy.

That what was depressing for me. Watching a guy be historically/hilariously inept, and knowing that we were still going to be stuck with him for many, many more years and just waste more seasons and time.

10 for 33. 88 Yards. 3 INTS. 0 TD Hilarious . He followed that stinker up in 2017 with another historically bad performance, like worst in 15 year re: QBR, vs the Ravens. 16 for 31, 170 Yards, 4 INTS, 1 Fumble, 0 TD.

Having him on the team was just depressing. At least now I can laugh about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlIzqROCHVE

That clip - to the classical music - is hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Steelers in 16 because we had the game, it would have killed the streak, we had it won, and then Hill broke our hearts.

so many bad calls by the refs that game.... almost all in favor of the steelers
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 09:49 AM)ATOTR Wrote: The reason I put the Dalton 2 Passer Rating Game on, was just because it was just so utterly embarrassing.

Prime Time
Against the Browns

And it was just so glaringly obvious that this guy was a handicap to the Franchise.   We were never going to win anything with him at QB- and the Ownership and some fans just adored the guy.

That what was depressing for me.  Watching a guy be historically/hilariously inept, and knowing that we were still going to be stuck with him for many, many more years and just waste more seasons and time.

10 for 33.  88 Yards.  3 INTS. 0 TD   Hilarious .  He followed that stinker  up in 2017 with another historically bad performance, like worst in 15 year re: QBR, vs the Ravens.    16 for 31,  170 Yards, 4 INTS, 1 Fumble, 0 TD.

Having him on the team was just depressing.  At least now I can laugh about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlIzqROCHVE

That clip  - to the classical music - is hilarious.

Your obsession with Dalton is a little extreme. He has been gone for years but you still bring him up in almost every conversation.

Maybe you should try to move on.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 09:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: so many bad calls by the refs that game.... almost all in favor of the steelers

Or missed calls, like letting Joey Porter on the field illegally that caused Pacman to punch him and hit the ref.

At the very least, they should have been offsetting penalties, which would have left the Steelers out of field goal range and giving them 18 seconds to get 13 yards and get the field goal unit onto the field to kick a 52 yarder, which still wouldn't have been a guarantee.
Reply/Quote
Steelers game for all of the reasons everyone already mentioned.
Reply/Quote
Why the hell would regular season losses be on here? Lol

It’s easily the Steelers game as the vote indicates.

We had it at the int. There was a feeling of euphoria (just like the raiders game) except that euphoria turned quickly into a gut punch.

Joey porter is pure trash.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I know from an emotional standpoint, '16 was far and away the worst.

But losing the SB is the toughest loss by far.

Depressing AF thread.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Last Steelers playoff loss. I can still see myself jumping up screaming yes, YES ! It's finally over....then it wasn't. Broke my heart
Reply/Quote