Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Positive takeaways from the Packers game
(10-11-2021, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff J24. Those are some great positives. ThumbsUp

We have some special players. Just need to use the Offense better and score more points.

Think it will happen, we will see if the Play Calling improves which is my only complaint.

Great post Sam. Couldn't say it any better. Rock On

LMAO! Life of a Bengals fan...Bang Head

High praise from the best Wide Receiver in the land.

Whats he gonna say? " They Blow"?... 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 02:48 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I can forgive McPherson for missing the 57-yarder. It's not like he missed it badly, like another poster said, 6 inches to the left he's a hero. Plus, 57-yards is a long-ass FG with that wind. Everyone expects their kicker to be Justin Tucker now.

The 49-yarder, though, I was disappointed in. I thought he would have nailed it. On that one, his name went from Legs Benedict to Legs Benedict Arnold.

I thought I finally was gonna like a kicker for once. He ended that real fast. You could replace him with anyone at this point and it wouldn't matter. Seibert probably makes 1 of those kicks.. McPherson missed last week too. It's beginning to be a problem...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Troll much? All of the national media I have heard talk about this game are now talking about how improved the Bengals are, that they are no longer an easy out and can beat anyone in the league. The only embarrassment is your posts. 

O let's celebrate! They only lose by 3 now instead of 10.. They are so good now! Teams gotta try a little harder now to beat the Bengals... Pop the champagne!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:49 PM)Spider Wrote: Stop with posting positives after this team over and over again makes a joke of themselves, The City and most importantly us fans..
Just stop..
Keep taking positives away from another National televised embarassment and you will posting this thread over and over again for the next 20 years as its been posted for the last 20

You do know it is a violation to not post on the topic of the thread??????????

Please introduce yours elf to the the OP, youcvan whine in all of the other threads.

My positive if they never quit, they down and came back. Our rookie kicker had a bad day or else we are talking about our 4-1 team now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Still finding it difficult to find positives or say "Great Game" in a defeat.

It ISN'T a great game unless they win.

And saying things like "we're improving" or "we will be in the conversation soon" is the same crap Bengals fans have suffered with for over 30 years. We're ALWAYS "improving" but NEVER "arrive". Meanwhile wasted season after wasted season goes by and the long suffering fanbase grays more with no reward for their support.

If forced to claim "positives"....

Chase was a beast as usual.

Hendrickson had 2 sacks.

Awuzie was good.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:01 PM)Tony Wrote: You could replace him with anyone at this point and it wouldn't matter. 

He did not miss inside of 49 yards yesterday.

This is a clown take.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:13 PM)Joelist Wrote:  Meanwhile wasted season after wasted season goes by and the long suffering fanbase grays more with no reward for their support.

A fan base that claims that an overtime loss to one of the best teams in the league is 100% negative  does not deserve any "reward for their support".
Reply/Quote
Positives are:

-Chase continues to dominate.
-Perine actually looked decent out there. Could’ve kept running a few more times on those later drives IMO.
-Defense did enough to keep us in the game against a top 5 all time QB.
-Hendrickson specifically continues to look great.
-Drove down to set up game winning FG twice….
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: Still finding it difficult to find positives or say "Great Game" in a defeat.

It ISN'T a great game unless they win.

And saying things like "we're improving" or "we will be in the conversation soon" is the same crap Bengals fans have suffered with for over 30 years. We're ALWAYS "improving" but NEVER "arrive". Meanwhile wasted season after wasted season goes by and the long suffering fanbase grays more with no reward for their support.

If forced to claim "positives"....

Chase was a beast as usual.

Hendrickson had 2 sacks.

Awuzie was good.

Claiming anything positive out of yesterday is for losers and guys that never did anything on a team except pass out and open up the capri sun  pouches after the game. NOTHING came out positive. Yes, the D held their own most of the game but they gave up huge plays on not wrapping up. The OL pass-blocking is a mess and so inconsistent. Very lucky TD at the end of the half yesterday, too.

The difference between the best and worst teams many many weeks comes down to a handful of plays at most per game. Each team can whine about calls from refs. I can point out that the holding on a Burrow run that negated a 1st down inside the GB 30 and forced them to punt cost them at least 3 points and the tripping call cost them another 3 as GB came down and scored after getting stopped on 3rd down. Anybody think those 2 guys who got those penalties are happy and saying "we gave it our all"? Hell, freakin' no. GB  flat-out controlled both LOS's and to say they only lost by 3 in OT and be happy about it or use it as a barometer is ignorant.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:01 PM)Tony Wrote: Can anyone honestly say, knowing what we know now that if they let them draft again, You wouldn't want Herbert?

If we took Hebert, then he would be the one who would miss out a chunk of his rookie season because of a knee injury and be in the hospital today with a neck contusion.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He did not miss inside of 49 yards yesterday.

This is a clown take.

He missed everything he kicked yesterday.. 

This is a Clown take ....
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:28 PM)Interceptor Wrote: If we took Hebert, then he would be the one who would miss out a chunk of his rookie season because of a knee injury and be in the hospital today with a neck contusion.

Herbert is better right now by a large margin. Bengals had to take Burrow so I don’t blame them but Herberts talent/arm strength are very impressive.
However, if Cincy would have taken Herbert then Burrow would be the stud QB and Herbert would totally suck (not that Burrow totally sucks). Thats just how it is with this team…
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:41 PM)Tony Wrote: He missed everything he kicked yesterday.. 

This is a Clown take ....

Really a bad take. He made 2 extra points unless he batted those with his hands and he hit the GP on a 57 yarder which ain't no gimme. Go ahead and blame Higgins for dropping a 10 yard out which puts that ball much closer or for ZT running the ball on a 3rd and 6/7 when maybe a quick sprint out to the sideline could have gotten them closer.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 02:48 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I can forgive McPherson for missing the 57-yarder. It's not like he missed it badly, like another poster said, 6 inches to the left he's a hero. Plus, 57-yards is a long-ass FG with that wind. Everyone expects their kicker to be Justin Tucker now.

The 49-yarder, though, I was disappointed in. I thought he would have nailed it. On that one, his name went from Legs Benedict to Legs Benedict Arnold.

If you watch the replay from the endzone, the kick looked good and then all of a sudden it pushes to the right (from the endzone view, left from the kicker's view).  Crosby's misses were similar.  There were some funky winds happening yesterday and they had nothing to do with the Skyline I ate.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:47 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Seriously disappointed (but not overly surprised) to come in here and just see a sea of negativity and petty takes. We came so very close to beating the Packers, and yes there were mistakes but just as many positives. This is a young team with a QB still rehabbing a major injury.

Chase sensational again, and more importantly that Burrow/Chase connection is special. Love to watch it.

Trey Hendrickson. Dude is balling and it's so refreshing to see a big time FA actually earning his money and rep.

Samaje made a number of nice plays and runs. Not the most explosive guy but v solid and dependable.

These are the points that stand out. Interested to hear others!

i do not understand some fans..  they look right thru this stuff..   exactly how is this all that much worst then it was two years ago.  look folks look right up there.  we got the first overall for a reason. that was followed by a top five the following year.  so i am saying it may be time to kick back and give it some time..   we are not getting blown out..  our losses are pretty much always one score away.  that means you are on the edge of your seat until that final whistle .  i see this team getting better and better..     some expect too much too soon.  a 9win season is very expectable to me  this is not an easy division.  relax guys we're good to go...  

thanks british some needed to see your stuff.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I'd taker Burrow over Herbert 10 times out of 10

Herbert has been protected like a king by his o-line. Burrow on the other hand? He has to overcome that front 5

just look at the sack rates for both of them from these last 2 seasons

Yup We would still have ZT at head coach and our o line protecting him or lack there of.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:55 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Really a bad take. He made 2 extra points unless he batted those with his hands and he hit the GP on a 57 yarder which ain't no gimme. Go ahead and blame Higgins for dropping a 10 yard out which puts that ball much closer or for ZT running the ball on a 3rd and 6/7 when maybe a quick sprint out to the sideline could have gotten them closer.

Higgins sucked too... The kicker was complete garbage.. That's why you don't draft kickers. What a waste...
Reply/Quote
Listening to Mo Egger
Hes a sound Longtime fan..
He agrees with what a few of us on this board have recently said..
If you want to accept mediocrity and are content with taking positives from another game they should have won but did not..
Then Its time to rethink the real problem with this team
Hyper Sensitive Fans that are content with the tam just playing well and having a Good OL shot for a win week in and week out...
Ask Pro Athletes cross the board.. NHL/MLB/NBA/NFL
They want to play in a city in which the fan base is supportive and not referencing the black cloud thats haunted them for years going reverse
I.E... BUFFALO BILLS
Bills Mafia
Bills fans are Tuff as H3LL...
Maybe the Queen City should Pay attention
Reply/Quote
This was not a good game.

The Packers are a much better team, that said, they played without:
Their best defensive player (Z)
Their best corner
Their starting center
Their starting left tackle

We couldn’t convert 3 downs on offense.
The Packers missed multiple FGs and an extra point.
The Packers only punted twice.

Our kicker is not the problem.

We beat a crappy Vikings team
Lost to a crappy Bears team that was depleted.
Beat an injured bad Steelers team
Almost lost to the worst team in the league.

We have potential but we have a long way to go.
Reply/Quote
I’ll add that in such a big game Huggins cannot drop multiple 1st down passes that hit his hands.
Sample was terrible.
Our MLB cannot get juked at the LOS on a crucial 3rd down by a 280 pound TE.
Joe had some bad decisions.
The defensive backs communication seemed jacked all game.
Waynes is glass.
Reply/Quote