Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Positive takeaways from the Packers game
(10-10-2021, 08:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is a distinct difference between fans and players. Hope you understand this.

We can be positive about having a winning record for once after sucking for the last 5 years or so.

The players have to look at everything they did wrong and correct it as that is their job.

Taylor is holding us back, that I can agree with but we need to stay positive as fans and fill the stadium to get more wins.

Fans in the stands win games. Guarantee if everyone gets down after one loss against the Packers and we start crying and not
going to games we start losing at Home. Negativism festers and breeds losers.

The Detroit Lions need to be beaten to a pulp. This should be a curb stomping of epic proportions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mr hater don't care. 

In their first 15 starts, Burrow and Herbert are so close, it's eerie. 

Burrow - 368 549 67.0 3957 7.2 24 11 94.2
Herbert- 396 595 66.6 4336 7.3 31 10 98.3

Burrow did most of it with a worse team. 

Wow, and Herbert is God on a Bengals board... Mellow
Reply/Quote
As noted throughout thread there were plenty of positives to take away from this game even if there were some blunders mixed in as well.

Trudge forward and win the next one is all that can be done now.

Understand that moral victories are not going to get it done in this league. Yet still think staying upbeat and positive instead of b!+@#ing, moaning, whining, and crying is a better course after such a nail biter against a solid Packers team. Led by a great QB no less.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is a distinct difference between fans and players. Hope you understand this.

We can be positive about having a winning record for once after sucking for the last 5 years or so.

The players have to look at everything they did wrong and correct it as that is their job.

Taylor is holding us back, that I can agree with but we need to stay positive as fans and fill the stadium to get more wins.

Fans in the stands win games. Guarantee if everyone gets down after one loss against the Packers and we start crying and not
going to games we start losing at Home. Negativism festers and breeds losers.

There is a distinct difference difference between fans and players, just as there is a distinct difference between people. This forum is probably split 50/50 on those that are overtly positive and overtly realistic. Each side does not understand the other. Hence bickering amongst people who are actually rooting for the same team. That is the only think we all have in common, but it doesn't change how anyone thinks or reacts. There are a lot of people who have fun critically thinking about how to improve, and there are a lot of people who don't want to do that.

Also remember generally speaking we are not one of the best teams in football the last 30 years, how do we expect people to react. The question is also how much we contribute to that, since as some say here, "only talent" matters. Big Grin

I don't think there would be anything interesting to talk about if everyone in here was composed of just overtly positive folk. There is no discussion when everyone agrees.

I think we can't tell anyone how to be a fan.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, and Herbert is God on a Bengals board... Mellow

Can anyone honestly say, knowing what we know now that if they let them draft again, You wouldn't want Herbert?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:49 PM)Spider Wrote: Stop with posting positives after this team over and over again makes a joke of themselves, The City and most importantly us fans..
Just stop..
Keep taking positives away from another National televised embarassment and you will posting this thread over and over again for the next 20 years as its been posted for the last 20

"national televised embarrassment?"

1.  It wasn't televised nationally.
2.  It wasn't an embarrassment.
3.  Go suck a pipe.
Reply/Quote
I think if Burrow is still top 12 in passer rating and touchdowns after this week is over, I’d still consider him great.

Why? Because it’s only his 2nd year. Within the context of that, that’s extremely extremely good.
Reply/Quote

well Chargers won 5 games in 2019.. so i would not say they were world beaters.. and he was 3rd QB taken.. nothing against Burrow I believe he has been a good QB.. but Herbert just has been better and able to close the games in the 4th so far in his career.
Reply/Quote
The defense they made it winnable. I agree on Perine he definitely showed some good stuff running and receiving. I know it's easy to 2nd guess play calling but we were taking the ball out of Burrows hands at the end and we should be putting it in his hands. I think Mixon probably picked up that 1st down as he ran into the defender standing on the yard to gain but we had already made up our mind about kicking if we didn't make it we should tried throwing it there.

I'm not too upset because we can't expect to beat the Pack at this point but they were giving us the game. I just don't get Taylor he wants to be aggressive and then completely changes at the end disappointing.
Reply/Quote

Yep. There’s no denying Herbert is a total stud, and has been better than Burrow so far (but it’s close as you showed). Justin Herbert doesn’t have to overcome Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan calling his plays though.

Remember when Burrow couldn’t throw the deep ball to save his life? How’s that looking since we gave him Chase? Now imagine if we gave him a real OC…

Reply/Quote
The thing that gets me most with people piling on after a game like this, is the total abandonment of realism. So because we narrowly lose to a superbowl contender everything is terrible. I just honestly don't understand.

I don't create a thread like this to be blinded by positivity, contrarian or even happy with mediocrity. I just think objectively we played pretty well and at about the level of expectation for this team. So I just dont understand why a rookie kicker who has won us two games should now be replaced. I don't understand why there is negativity towards Burrow. It's blinkered reactionary takes and it's boring.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:27 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: The thing that gets me most with people piling on after a game like this, is the total abandonment of realism. So because we narrowly lose to a superbowl contender everything is terrible. I just honestly don't understand.

I don't create a thread like this to be blinded by positivity, contrarian or even happy with mediocrity. I just think objectively we played pretty well and at about the level of expectation for this team. So I just dont understand why a rookie kicker who has won us two games should now be replaced. I don't understand why there is negativity towards Burrow. It's blinkered reactionary takes and it's boring.

today exposed some big problems with this team

1. o-line is very inconsistent and still holding this offense back

2. Zac Taylor's play calling is questionable and holding this offense back

3. Evan Mcpherson isnt who we thought he was. The team cant rely on him.

we already knew about 2, but some people seriously thought the o-line was fixed. And the Mcpherson thing is a punch in the gut. The bengals cant rely on him
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Detroit Lions need to be beaten to a pulp.  This should be a curb stomping of epic proportions.

I don't know, I think we have a reason to not be positive if we lose to Detroit somehow lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:04 PM)Tomkat Wrote: "national televised embarrassment?"

1.  It wasn't televised nationally.
2.  It wasn't an embarrassment.
3.  Go suck a pipe.

Nationally televised.. No.. My bad
Was the 1pm game Fox promoted atleast here in Canada above others..

It wasnt an embarrasment simply because no true NFL fan wpuld expect the bengals to win.. But ius being die hard bengals fans.. We knew there was plenty of reason why this team could have and should have won this game..

Just finished sucking that pipe as you suggested..
It was Glorious
Now i have 1 dilemma
A Unicorn is speaking pig latin to a leprechaun in my backyard and its getting heated...
Need to calm them down B4 it intensifies..
ANY TIPS?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Detroit Lions need to be beaten to a pulp.  This should be a curb stomping of epic proportions.

It should be, but Jacksonville should have been as well and that needed a walk-off game winning FG.

I think this team is making progress and there are certainly bright spots but this team is still not quite over the hump yet. Certainly playing better than the Bengals of the past few seasons, just not at that play-off level yet. Getting closer though.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. There’s no denying Herbert is a total stud, and has been better than Burrow so far (but it’s close as you showed). Justin Herbert doesn’t have to overcome Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan calling his plays though.  

Remember when Burrow couldn’t throw the deep ball to save his life? How’s that looking since we gave him Chase? Now imagine if we gave him a real OC…

This is starting to sound like the Andy Dalton years already.

Imagine if we had this, or got this or added this... 

The team has what it has, and has to win with what it has. 

I can't imagine Taylor losing his job this year unless he just loses out the rest of the year, so the same play caller will be back next season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Chase is too right now.. question is where does Burrow fall especially being #1 pick in draft vs Dalton 2nd rounder.. where would we be without Chase this year ????  1-4  ? if you going to give Green all the glory and nothing to Dalton.. right now you need to give Chase the glory also over Burrow

I'm not trying to insult you in any way--just making that clear--but it's like talking to a 12 year old. 

You seem to have a real disconnect with how correlation works. 

AJ Green - Top 5OA NFL pick
A. Dalton - 2nd round pick

J. Chase - Top 5OA NFL pick
J. Burrow - #1OA NFL pick

See it now?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, and Herbert is God on a Bengals board... Mellow

I mean, I’d get it if we didn’t also have a young stud QB of our own. I will keep saying it (because people seem to forget) this is not even Burrow at 100%. Many people that have had similar injuries say it takes a full year to get back to normal. We’re not even a year out from the injury, let alone the start of the rehab process.

Look, Borrow needs to clean up the picks (especially ones where he should just throw it away), but overall he’s been very good this season. People can just keep repeating “#1 pICk MUst bE BeTTeR!” but when you actually look at the context; his return from an extremely serious injury, who’s calling his plays, etc, then you have to be pretty happy with his play for the most part. We’re 3-2, and we looked like we belong playing against a top team.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:01 PM)Tony Wrote: Can anyone honestly say, knowing what we know now that if they let them draft again, You wouldn't want Herbert?

Yes. 

Give me the choice today, which QB i want and i'm taking Burrow without even pausing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 09:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes. 

Give me the choice today, which QB i want and i'm taking Burrow without even pausing. 

I believe you, I'd honestly take Herbert...
Reply/Quote