Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Practicing with the Rams
(08-26-2022, 09:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The NFL has made it clear that any type of discipline is going to be up to the teams as they don't hand out suspensions or fines for practice behavior and the joint practices were scheduled by the teams and agreed to by the teams.

Also, while I don't approve of Donald swining a helmet and hitting a player follow the link and scroll through the photos. There is a picture of a Bengals player wielding a Rams helmet. So if the league does get involved and suspend players, the Bengals won't get away unscathed.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/gallery/rams-bengals-fight-brawl-practice-photos/

I'm just not a fan of the joint practices in general. I get the idea of testing your players against another team, but you have no control over those other 80 guys and that can lead to these types of moments. Imagine if Donald takes a shot at Burrow and knocks him out for the first few weeks of the season. Just no sense in doing it.

I don't get why the NFL keep saying they can't/won't do anything regarding what happens in practice. The first 3 points of the conduct policy are:

"Actual or threatened violence against another person" - check 

"Assault and/or battery" - check

"Violent or threatening behavior toward another employee in any work place setting" - check

and another that says:

"Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and we'll being of another person" - check

Someone please explain to me how or why he shouldn't be punished? Even if you don't agree that this was Assault point 3 alone is enough to warrant the NFL stepping in, even though it's a practice. Using the excuse of "it's practice" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard when it comes to a situation like this. 

On a completely unrelated note - How did the defense do? I feel like that has been completely lost in this situation.
Reply/Quote
Reports are the Rams have leveled punishments to Aaron Donald.

This week, he will be only given 2% milk at Tuesday's lunch, instead of his usual whole milk.
Any further further misdeeds could lead to forfeiture of his salad croutons.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 06:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Monkey Pox

Get it together Brad.. It's FREEDOM Pox.. You know..Your right and freedom to have very painful and scaring boils all over your body?  I'm certainly not going to stop you from getting freedom pox..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 12:49 PM)grampahol Wrote: Get it together Brad.. It's FREEDOM Pox.. You know..Your right and freedom to have very painful and scaring boils all over your body?  I'm certainly not going to stop you from getting freedom pox..  Cool

What did you call me? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 11:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I do understand the level of competition and wanted to change it up but there is a good amount of risk as I'll go into more below.

I know they all do them, still not a fan of it. No defensive player is going to going to risk the franchise and take a shot at Burrow, but I know I read about day one of this joint practice Donald tapping Burrow. Granted, that is just a tap, but no one on the Bengals defense is going to do that. Next time Donald rushes, maybe he is pissed and does more then tap or Burrow moves awkwardly to avoid him. I understand the good, but the first time a team loses a star player in one of these joint practices due to someone being pissy like Donald was and no one will do them for awhile.

Probably right, I understand your thoughts here Murdock.

(08-27-2022, 07:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I deserved the vacation.

(08-27-2022, 08:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 165w.gif]

Smirk

(08-27-2022, 09:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm fine with that. If this were just shoving and punches, I would have absolutely no care about it happening, part of football. Can't be swinging helmets down on folks heads, though. That crosses a line.

Truth.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 10:05 AM)TheFan Wrote: I don't get why the NFL keep saying they can't/won't do anything regarding what happens in practice. The first 3 points of the conduct policy are:

"Actual or threatened violence against another person" - check 

"Assault and/or battery" - check

"Violent or threatening behavior toward another employee in any work place setting" - check

and another that says:

"Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and we'll being of another person" - check

Someone please explain to me how or why he shouldn't be punished? Even if you don't agree that this was Assault point 3 alone is enough to warrant the NFL stepping in, even though it's a practice. Using the excuse of "it's practice" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard when it comes to a situation like this. 

On a completely unrelated note - How did the defense do? I feel like that has been completely lost in this situation.

Defense kicked their ass from everything I heard, had 2 picks of Stafford and the Rams couldn't do much.

Shut down Kupp and the running game.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Defense kicked their ass from everything I heard, had 2 picks of Stafford and the Rams couldn't do much.

Shut down Kupp and the running game.

good to hear buddy. all i keep hearing about is the fight
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 04:28 PM)Leon Wrote: good to hear buddy. all i keep hearing about is the fight

True, covers up the fact we beat on them pretty good.

Burrow could of thrown a couple picks like Stafford but the Rams couldn't hang onto them. But other than that we 
had the better practice by far with Burrow to Chase on a 50+ yard bomb and we moved the ball well on them. Cappa
held up well against Donald and that probably frustrated him. I heard Volson was getting owned by Donald early but 
maybe he must of played better late and that also frustrated Donald.

Hence the helmet to Volson's head lol
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 04:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know, I think most of us calling for Donald to be suspended are doing so because the mothereffer SWUNG 2 HELMETS AT PEOPLE REPEATEDLY. Helmets. Trying to strike others with not one, but 2 helmets. That's literally assault and arguably assault with a deadly weapon. That's the kind of shit that shouldn't be tolerated. ANYWHERE.

I agree since the League/Rams wont take care of this....   Bengals should press criminal charges.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 03:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What did you call me? 

He called you by your rapper name: L'il Pox 

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 06:06 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Garrett got what 4-6 games for swinging and connecting with one helmet? Donald using 2 helmets should get double for that crap.

No, No, No!!! Are you nuts???

We need the Rams to beat the Bills opening day and every AFC team on their schedule[Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Chargers].

Go Rams Fall/Winter 2022!! ThumbsUp

Until we meet them again Winter 2023 HammerSmack 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 10:16 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: No, No, No!!! Are you nuts???

We need the Rams to beat the Bills opening day and every AFC team on their schedule[Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Chargers].

Go Rams Fall/Winter 2022!! ThumbsUp

Until we meet them again Winter 2023 HammerSmack 

I think they will beat the Chiefs and the Broncos. They could lose to the rest though especially the Bills in the opener.

I picked the Bills to win the opener honestly.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think they will beat the Chiefs and the Broncos. They could lose to the rest though especially the Bills in the opener.

I picked the Bills to win the opener honestly.

I want the Lalala Rams to go 5 - 0 vs the AFC this year and 0 - 1 Feb 2023 vs  Tiger  .
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 10:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I agree since the League/Rams wont take care of this....   Bengals should press criminal charges.

For criminal charges you have to show who started it.

In the "regular world" it is pretty easy to see who initiated physical contact.  But how do you determine who started a physical altercation between men already engaged in a physical altercation?  It could be kind of a gray area for criminal assault/self defense claims.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 02:39 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I want the Lalala Rams to go 5 - 0 vs the AFC this year and 0 - 1 Feb 2023 vs  Tiger  .

Same here brother. I just don't think they will make it back to face us.

I see the Packers, Vikings and of course the Buccaneers with Tom more likely as I think Stafford is about to break down.

He has been slinging it a long time and his arm won't last forever.

Stafford is a big arm QB and already has had an issue this Offseason.

Brady takes care of his arm and throws those short beads over the middle which helps him last.
Reply/Quote