Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Practicing with the Rams
(08-26-2022, 05:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Marks from cupping, most likely.

That is what I thought.  Did not know if anyone else would even know what I was talking about.

Nice to find another Anna Kendrick fan.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, that pass right in between 2 defenders and the 50 yard bomb to Chase were just fantastic throws.

Burrow looks so comfortable out there. Might be breaking records this season...
I'm on my way to Hollywood in a few hours to place my bets on him for MVP!

I decided against betting a grand and was only going to bet a hundred, but, after seeing his throw that Cosca posted, I'm putting AT LEAST two hundred on him! I'd go a grand but I'm afraid that we still won't get the respect we deserve, even if Burrow has an UNREAL season!
(08-26-2022, 04:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: All fans calling for Donald to be suspended need to look at the bigger picture our number 1 rival in AFC shouldn't play the Rams without their best defensive player.
Bills are going to be there regardless...... you can't let that kind of shit slide, no matter what.
(08-26-2022, 04:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know, I think most of us calling for Donald to be suspended are doing so because the mothereffer SWUNG 2 HELMETS AT PEOPLE REPEATEDLY. Helmets. Trying to strike others with not one, but 2 helmets. That's literally assault and arguably assault with a deadly weapon. That's the kind of shit that shouldn't be tolerated. ANYWHERE.

EXACTLY............... I doubt he'll get too much done but that should be a lengthy suspension. It was at the top of the front page of my ESPN app, which I was happy because I thought it might bring enough outrage to actually make the league do something, but it's not there anymore.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Probably hickies from Raheem Morris.

(08-26-2022, 06:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Monkey Pox

And this is why I love this board. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is what I thought.  Did not know if anyone else would even know what I was talking about.

Nice to find another Anna Kendrick fan.

Ninja

Are there people who aren't Anna Kendrick fans?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 06:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm on my way to Hollywood in a few hours to place my bets on him for MVP!

There aren't any places in Ohio to place bets? 

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Is sports gambling still not legal in Cincinnati?

I saw they had a partnership with betfred for this season which made me laugh as it’s the worst bookies in the UK, was once in one in a city where my team were playing an away game and a guy had a ferret on a leash while putting his bets on for the day.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 06:38 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Is sports gambling still not legal in Cincinnati?

I saw they had a partnership with betfred for this season which made me laugh as it’s the worst bookies in the UK, was once in one in a city where my team were playing an away game and a guy had a ferret on a leash while putting his bets on for the day.

It was passed and approved, but it doesn't actually start until the very last day it is legally required to start, Jan 1st 2023.... because apparently Ohio doesn't understand how much money they are going to lose by not being active for MLB postseason, World Cup, College Football season and playoffs, and almost the entirety of the NFL season.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 04:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know, I think most of us calling for Donald to be suspended are doing so because the mothereffer SWUNG 2 HELMETS AT PEOPLE REPEATEDLY. Helmets. Trying to strike others with not one, but 2 helmets. That's literally assault and arguably assault with a deadly weapon. That's the kind of shit that shouldn't be tolerated. ANYWHERE.

Look what happens to the helmet that he swung.  Now imagine that impact on a non-helmeted head

It looks like Stanley Morgan may have been the victim of the hit.  He doesn't look big enough to be Adeniji

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That many alpha males in one place from different teams, there is bound to be a skirmish pop up.

Foolish and cowardly of Donald to swing helmets yet as long as nobody was hurt it should just blow over with no penalties.

Will be surprised to see Donald take any snaps Sunday though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 05:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just a little dust-up, nothing to see here..

[Image: 1moxdu.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 07:16 PM)pally Wrote: Look what happens to he helmet that he swung.  Now imagine that impact on a non-helmeted head

It looks like Stanley Morgan may have been the victim of the hit.  He doesn't look big enough to be Adeniji

He’s hitting Volson
Reply/Quote
The NFL has made it clear that any type of discipline is going to be up to the teams as they don't hand out suspensions or fines for practice behavior and the joint practices were scheduled by the teams and agreed to by the teams.

Also, while I don't approve of Donald swining a helmet and hitting a player follow the link and scroll through the photos. There is a picture of a Bengals player wielding a Rams helmet. So if the league does get involved and suspend players, the Bengals won't get away unscathed.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/gallery/rams-bengals-fight-brawl-practice-photos/

I'm just not a fan of the joint practices in general. I get the idea of testing your players against another team, but you have no control over those other 80 guys and that can lead to these types of moments. Imagine if Donald takes a shot at Burrow and knocks him out for the first few weeks of the season. Just no sense in doing it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 09:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He’s hitting Volson

That makes much more sense, I do like that Cordell is getting under his skin...

(08-26-2022, 09:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The NFL has made it clear that any type of discipline is going to be up to the teams as they don't hand out suspensions or fines for practice behavior and the joint practices were scheduled by the teams and agreed to by the teams.

Also, while I don't approve of Donald swining a helmet and hitting a player follow the link and scroll through the photos. There is a picture of a Bengals player wielding a Rams helmet. So if the league does get involved and suspend players, the Bengals won't get away unscathed.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/gallery/rams-bengals-fight-brawl-practice-photos/

I'm just not a fan of the joint practices in general. I get the idea of testing your players against another team, but you have no control over those other 80 guys and that can lead to these types of moments. Imagine if Donald takes a shot at Burrow and knocks him out for the first few weeks of the season. Just no sense in doing it.

Pretty sure it was La'el with Leonard Floyd's helmet and that is what started everything as La'el was frustrated by getting
beat by Floyd. Still, taking off a player's helmet and throwing it is a completely different thing than grabbing helmets and 
using them as weapons.

I guess I am starting to understand why some of you guy's aren't fans of joint practices now...

I thought it was a good change up from just playing your own guys. The thing is fights and weird shit happens with your
own Defense going against your Offense all the time too. Burrow can handle his own, he likes to get into fights with LB's.

Punched Devin White and Patrick Queen in these types of brawls while at LSU lol
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 09:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm just not a fan of the joint practices in general. I get the idea of testing your players against another team, but you have no control over those other 80 guys and that can lead to these types of moments. Imagine if Donald takes a shot at Burrow and knocks him out for the first few weeks of the season. Just no sense in doing it.

Almost every team in the league does joint practices every season... The Eagles did two different sets of joint practices. In Training Camp there are fights and this one was the worst but really as far as joint practices are concerned the Good far outweighs the Bad.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 09:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Almost every team in the league does joint practices every season... The Eagles did two different sets of joint practices. In Training Camp there are fights and this one was the worst but really as far as joint practices are concerned the Good far outweighs the Bad.

I like them. Bad things can happen in same team practices just the same...
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 09:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That makes much more sense, I do like that Cordell is getting under his skin...

Pretty sure it was La'el with Leonard Floyd's helmet and that is what started everything as La'el was frustrated by getting
beat by Floyd. Still, taking off a player's helmet and throwing it is a completely different thing than grabbing helmets and 
using them as weapons.

I guess I am starting to understand why some of you guy's aren't fans of joint practices now...

I thought it was a good change up from just playing your own guys. The thing is fights and weird shit happens with your
own Defense going against your Offense all the time too. Burrow can handle his own, he likes to get into fights with LB's.

Punched Devin White and Patrick Queen in these types of brawls while at LSU lol

I do understand the level of competition and wanted to change it up but there is a good amount of risk as I'll go into more below.

(08-26-2022, 09:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Almost every team in the league does joint practices every season... The Eagles did two different sets of joint practices. In Training Camp there are fights and this one was the worst but really as far as joint practices are concerned the Good far outweighs the Bad.

I know they all do them, still not a fan of it. No defensive player is going to going to risk the franchise and take a shot at Burrow, but I know I read about day one of this joint practice Donald tapping Burrow. Granted, that is just a tap, but no one on the Bengals defense is going to do that. Next time Donald rushes, maybe he is pissed and does more then tap or Burrow moves awkwardly to avoid him. I understand the good, but the first time a team loses a star player in one of these joint practices due to someone being pissy like Donald was and no one will do them for awhile.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 08:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good question Casear and welcome back...

Cannot call Fred a DH in every post evidently lol

I deserved the vacation.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 07:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I deserved the vacation.

[Image: 165w.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 09:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The NFL has made it clear that any type of discipline is going to be up to the teams as they don't hand out suspensions or fines for practice behavior and the joint practices were scheduled by the teams and agreed to by the teams.

I'm fine with that. If this were just shoving and punches, I would have absolutely no care about it happening, part of football. Can't be swinging helmets down on folks heads, though. That crosses a line.

Reply/Quote