Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pratt impressive
(08-09-2019, 10:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Devin Bush has 10 Tackles tonight. I hope for Tobin sake that both Pratt and Williams work out.

He was a top 10 draft pick and supposed to be a can't miss LB so no surprise he is doing well. Steelers departed with 3 picks to get him. If our lowly LB picks can contribute in 2019, all is good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 10:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Devin Bush has 10 Tackles tonight. I hope for Tobin sake that both Pratt and Williams work out.

On a side not Devin White was on the Buccaneers and didn't do anything.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 01:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Because my parents raised me not to base my identity on a victim mentality.
Reply/Quote
Let’s remember also that Bush padded his stats against the scrubs - against first team he did nothing.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 12:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let’s remember also that Bush padded his stats against the scrubs - against first team he did nothing.

To my way of thinking, a rookie should struggle against NFL veterans.  The fact that he stood out when playing against lesser caliber players just means that the potential for development is definitely there.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 01:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To my way of thinking, a rookie should struggle against NFL veterans.  The fact that he stood out when playing against lesser caliber players just means that the potential for development is definitely there.

That's exactly why i like to watch preseason games. Take a 3rd or 4th string guy...if he stands out against other players of the same level, you have something to work with. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Im glad someone reported on Pratt. For being the talk of camp so far, Hobson and the gang hasnt had a mention of him as standing out in anything. But whoever wrote the article called Vigil, Virgil, which is kind of funny lol. Virgil is the older fella that lives on top of the hill from me and he plays an old square neck dobro. He would give Curtis Loew a run for his money I bet....
Reply/Quote
He wasn't much tonight.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:21 AM)3wt Wrote: He wasn't much tonight.

How bad are things when Hardy Nickerson Jr is your best LB in a game...

Reply/Quote
Are people still saying they rather have Pratt over Bush. That’s just silly
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 02:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Are people still saying they rather have Pratt over Bush. That’s just silly

Should have at least taken Mack Wilson in the 4th.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 02:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Are people still saying they rather have Pratt over Bush.  That’s just silly

(08-11-2019, 02:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Should have at least taken Mack Wilson in the 4th.

The Buccaneers ran the ball...The Chiefs ran it like 4 times in the entire first half of course Pratt isn't gonna rack up tackles like Devin Bush against Tampa Bay.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
As a fan of old movies such as WC Fields, I will say the young rookie may be good someday, but for now he is just a mere prat.

That corn aside, I hope some of these rookies do step up. This last place team needs a LOT of help. Bring on NEW DEY. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I watched Bush a lot in his game, and while I really liked to watch his aggressiveness, I think everyone should watch the game vs. OSU on youtube. He got schooled in misdirection and crossing routes. You can't blame it on his teammates when he loses his assignment. Plus, the steelers were playing what I believe will be the worst team in the league this year.

But, it is overreaction Monday (sic), so I get it. If only we had Jonah out there and Glenn at LG. I really, really wanted to see that line. Can they make it interesting until November? It is a long shot, but Williams could come back.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I watched Bush a lot in his game, and while I really liked to watch his aggressiveness, I think everyone should watch the game vs. OSU on youtube.  He got schooled in misdirection and crossing routes.  You can't blame it on his teammates when he loses his assignment.  Plus, the steelers were playing what I believe will be the worst team in the league this year.

But, it is overreaction Monday (sic), so I get it.  If only we had Jonah out there and Glenn at LG.  I really, really wanted to see that line.  Can they make it interesting until November?  It is a long shot, but Williams could come back.

I didn't get to watch the entire game.  From what I was able to watch on NFLN live look ins, from 8-9 pm, I'm not too sure about John Jerry being the starter at LG.  I'm hoping that the "light comes on" for one of his challengers, or the team picks up some help for the OL.  Even when he wasn't drawing flags, his blocking wasn't impressive.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Jerry did not impress me either. And for crying out loud, Billings needs to drop some weight, he looks like he can hardly move.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I watched Bush a lot in his game, and while I really liked to watch his aggressiveness, I think everyone should watch the game vs. OSU on youtube.  He got schooled in misdirection and crossing routes.  You can't blame it on his teammates when he loses his assignment.  Plus, the steelers were playing what I believe will be the worst team in the league this year.

But, it is overreaction Monday (sic), so I get it.  If only we had Jonah out there and Glenn at LG.  I really, really wanted to see that line.  Can they make it interesting until November?  It is a long shot, but Williams could come back.

I doubt Williams returns this year. He's going to have no strength in that arm.

Not to you,  but to the people talking about how great Bush is...like we missed him:

The team had too many needs to fill in one draft. We needed offensive line and LB mainly. OT is a premium position. IF you can add the one rated highest in the draft, you do it. We probably go Jonah even if Bush is there.

But, we should have added a LB or 2 in free agency like LJ Fort. There were some other guys I liked too.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 09:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I didn't get to watch the entire game.  From what I was able to watch on NFLN live look ins, from 8-9 pm, I'm not too sure about John Jerry being the starter at LG.  I'm hoping that the "light comes on" for one of his challengers, or the team picks up some help for the OL.  Even when he wasn't drawing flags, his blocking wasn't impressive.

Yeah...well I mean he was out of the league last year and he's like 33 years old. It's kind of a stab in the dark hoping he'll come in and regain peak form.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 10:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:
I doubt Williams returns this year. He's going to have no strength in that arm.

Not to you,  but to the people talking about how great Bush is...like we missed him:

The team had too many needs to fill in one draft. We needed offensive line and LB mainly. OT is a premium position. IF you can add the one rated highest in the draft, you do it. We probably go Jonah even if Bush is there.

But, we should have added a LB or 2 in free agency like LJ Fort. There were some other guys I liked too.

Shaquem Griffin would like to have a word with you. Ninja 

NFL Draft 2018: Shaquem Griffin joins Seattle to become league's first one-handed player

[Image: Part-GTY-1014750336-1-1-0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Just knew people were going to slam Pratt if he didn't have a good Preseason game lol
Reply/Quote