Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pratt impressive
(08-09-2019, 10:11 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If Bengals do better than many on here expect it will reinforce my point about how awful of a head coach Marvin Lewis is.

He was the only head coach to put up a winning record under Mike Brown. Zac Taylor has yet to do anything at all.

Westerman played behind Boling, who was a best OL man the last couple of years. Now that Boling has retired the job is open. And if Jonah wasn't injured and Glenn moving back to LT, how much of a shot do you think Westerman would have had at taking that LG spot?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 05:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't worry, there are still some "brick wall" stubborn type of posters around  Smirk

Great. It is rather dreary till the start of the season. The natives are restless.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 05:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't worry, there are still some "brick wall" stubborn type of posters around  Smirk

By the plenty...
Reply/Quote

I prefer Adamant or Iron Willed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 05:25 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Great. It is rather dreary till the start of the season. The natives are restless.

You should check out the Player Bias thread right now. A lot of brick wall going on there (myself included)! Join in on the fun!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I prefer Adamant or Iron Willed.

Iron will....

He done won the race.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 05:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: By the plenty...

(08-09-2019, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You should check out the Player Bias thread right now. A lot of brick wall going on there (myself included)! Join in on the fun!

Great. I'll make sure I have several drinks before doing so.
Reply/Quote
Yep, trolls come and trolls go..

Now, back to the real story. Germaine Pratt is looking to be as advertised. Reports are that he can truly do it all, handle the run and cover the pass. We'll all get our chance to see him in some live preseason action, tomorrow night!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We need Pratt to be the player they think he is. He'll be someone to keep an eye on tomorrow night. I'll be watching the lb's and oline, and hopefully a star is born by the end of the night.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 09:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: We need Pratt to be the player they think he is. He'll be someone to keep an eye on tomorrow night. I'll be watching the lb's and oline, and hopefully a star is born by the end of the night.

If he can come in and have even half of the impact of what Darius Leonard did for the Colts last year, it would be HUGE for this defense.

Fingers crossed!
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 06:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, trolls come and trolls go..

Now, back to the real story.  Germaine Pratt is looking to be as advertised.  Reports are that he can truly do it all, handle the run and cover the pass.  We'll all get our chance to see him in some live preseason action, tomorrow night!

(08-09-2019, 09:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: We need Pratt to be the player they think he is. He'll be someone to keep an eye on tomorrow night. I'll be watching the lb's and oline, and hopefully a star is born by the end of the night.

I'm hoping Pratt turns out to be the great LBer we've been trying to draft for several years now and really haven't got yet. We need him to be in a bad way.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 09:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping Pratt turns out to be the great LBer we've been trying to draft for several years now and really haven't got yet. We need him to be in a bad way.

Heck, he don't even have to be "great", just damn good would suffice.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Devin Bush has 10 Tackles tonight. I hope for Tobin sake that both Pratt and Williams work out.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 06:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, trolls come and trolls go..

Now, back to the real story. Germaine Pratt is looking to be as advertised. Reports are that he can truly do it all, handle the run and cover the pass. We'll all get our chance to see him in some live preseason action, tomorrow night!

I wish we were playing them the last game of preseason. I want to see Pratt at SAM covering Kelce.

But I'll take any look with him taking the first guy out of the backfield. A wheel route would be perfect.

If he can contain AND cover, it will fix a lot of our second line issues.

I also would have liked to see a 4-2-5 look with Pratt and Vigil.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 10:54 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I wish we were playing them the last game of preseason. I want to see Pratt at SAM covering Kelce.

But I'll take any look with him taking the first guy out of the backfield. A wheel route would be perfect.

If he can contain AND cover, it will fix a lot of our second line issues.

I also would have liked to see a 4-2-5 look with Pratt and Vigil.

That could very well be the future.  However, I'm just hoping that Pratt makes a solid debut.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 10:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Devin Bush has 10 Tackles tonight. I hope for Tobin sake that both Pratt and Williams work out.

He'd better be good.  He's three draft picks.

And what was Tobin supposed to do? The choice was taken right out of his hands.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 11:27 PM)McC Wrote: He'd better be good.  He's three draft picks.

And what was Tobin supposed to do?  The choice was taken right out of his hands.

Not to mention, he did nothing while TB's 1st team was in. They ran at him and the OL smothered him.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 09:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since it was a Bengal pick I guarantee you won't.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 10:11 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If Bengals do better than many on here expect it will reinforce my point about how awful of a head coach Marvin Lewis is.

So if they do worse does that mean ZT is an awful coach having ML roster and not winning  6 games?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

I agree about Pratt. It will be a chance for us to see all the rookies and our younger back ups in action in preseason games one and two. Hopefully, we will see some guys step up and win a job.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote