Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pratt impressive
(08-11-2019, 09:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, Jerry did not impress me either. And for crying out loud, Billings needs to drop some weight, he looks like he can hardly move.

Are you kidding?  He is our NT and I thought he looked great...he flushed Mahommes and he was chasing him very well in successive plays.  I'm sure conditioning was starting to play a part with their limited padded practices, but I was actually very encouraged by what I saw out of him.  Hubbard, too...he was plowing his guy back, against their #1 OT.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 10:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt Williams returns this year. He's going to have no strength in that arm.

Not to you,  but to the people talking about how great Bush is...like we missed him:

The team had too many needs to fill in one draft. We needed offensive line and LB mainly. OT is a premium position. IF you can add the one rated highest in the draft, you do it. We probably go Jonah even if Bush is there.

But, we should have added a LB or 2 in free agency like LJ Fort. There were some other guys I liked too.

Agreed.  I have said for ages that Dalton is a surgeon when protected even remotely well.  This offense will roll if he gets even average protection as I believe they were already solid as run blockers.  

LB help would have been nice earlier in the draft, but I am with you on the FAs that they didn't pursue.  Unless they believe their scheme will make the likes of Evans and maybe even Jefferson look a lot better than they have in the past, but even then, their experience at the position is paper thin, and that unit was decimated by injuries last year.  

On a side note, I am impressed with the work Preston Brown has put in at this point in his career.  Knowing he would likely be asked to play more nickel, he worked to drop some weight and improve his abilities in space.  For a veteran guy at this point in his career, well, I don't think we saw such dedication from a Rey Maualuga.  
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 09:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The article also talks about D-Willis AND...

Auden Tate, a tall target at 6-foot-5 and 228 pounds and Cincinnati's seventh-round pick in last year's draft, has had an especially strong camp entering Cincinnati's first preseason game.

AND...

Josh Malone, a third-year veteran, has a chance to start in place of Green as he continues to enjoy "the best stretch of his career," according to the team's official website. A former fourth round pick out of Tennessee, Malone has just seven career regular season receptions entering the 2019 season.

THE BEST STRETCH OF HIS CAREER!

AND...

John Jerry, a 10-year veteran who didn't play during the 2018 regular season, is currently No. 1 on Cincinnati's depth chart. Behind him is Christian Westerman, a 2016 fifth-round pick who has never had a chance to truly compete for a starting job until now.

WHO HAS NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO TRULY COMPETE FOR A STARTING JOB UNTIL NOW! Whoohooo!!! So with all the bad line play over the past 2 years, he never had a shot.

So what did you think of Auden Tate's performance?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 04:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Are you kidding?  He is our NT and I thought he looked great...he flushed Mahommes and he was chasing him very well in successive plays.  I'm sure conditioning was starting to play a part with their limited padded practices, but I was actually very encouraged by what I saw out of him.  Hubbard, too...he was plowing his guy back, against their #1 OT.  

Thanks, didn't get to watch the game just the highlights.

If i listened to everything people said on here and took it as gospel i would just be depressed.

Even in the damn preseason lol

Glad to hear this about Billings and Hubbard. NT's are supposed to be big last time i noticed.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 01:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, didn't get to watch the game just the highlights.

If i listened to everything people said on here and took it as gospel i would just be depressed.

Glad to hear this about Billings and Hubbard. NT's are supposed to be big last time i noticed.

I think there was a good bit of overreaction to the 1st preseason game especially with all the offseason change. I believe we'll see a good bit of improvement tonight. (hope so)
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 01:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think there was a good bit of overreaction to the 1st preseason game especially with all the offseason change. I believe we'll see a good bit of improvement tonight. (hope so)

Yeah, little bit of overreaction around this place for sure. KC is one tough team to play in their place.

Hope you are correct and we see some improvement, should on Defense that is for sure against a much weaker opponent in the Skins. Pratt will improve, didn't expect him to set the world on fire in his first game against the Chiefs in Kansas City. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 01:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, didn't get to watch the game just the highlights.

It was kind of funny....Billings wasn't in any danger of actually catching Mahommes, but I think even Mahommes was a little surprised at his chase.  
Reply/Quote
What does this kid need to do to start? I haven't seen many bad plays out him he been phenomenal.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:18 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: What does this kid need to do to start? I haven't seen many bad plays out him he been phenomenal.

I think Pratt had a sorta under the radar pretty good game last night.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:18 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: What does this kid need to do to start? I haven't seen many bad plays out him he been phenomenal.

I saw Pratt everywhere last night, reading and tackling at the LOS, in pass coverage, blitzing (just missed getting there on long TD toss).

I know it may not be relevant, but check this guy out out of uniform. He has the body of Takeo Spikes. He makes Vigil look like a safety. I don't want to get hyped, but Pratt will be our best LB later this year or by 2020 in my opinion. He could be a better version of Burfict IMHO.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think Pratt had a sorta under the radar pretty good game last night.

I know he wasn't timed with "blazing" speed, but he plays fast.  His play diagnosing skills seem to allow him to be exactly where he needs to be, when he needs to be there.  His physical skills aren't half bad, either.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 02:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It was kind of funny....Billings wasn't in any danger of actually catching Mahommes, but I think even Mahommes was a little surprised at his chase.  

That is what stood out to me with Billings in college. 

Big man with deceptive quickness and even chased down RB's from behind.

(08-16-2019, 12:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think Pratt had a sorta under the radar pretty good game last night.

(08-16-2019, 12:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I saw Pratt everywhere last night, reading and tackling at the LOS, in pass coverage, blitzing (just missed getting there on long TD toss).

I know it may not be relevant, but check this guy out out of uniform. He has the body of Takeo Spikes. He makes Vigil look like a safety. I don't want to get hyped, but Pratt will be our best LB later this year or by 2020 in my opinion. He could be a better version of Burfict IMHO.

(08-16-2019, 02:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know he wasn't timed with "blazing" speed, but he plays fast.  His play diagnosing skills seem to allow him to be exactly where he needs to be, when he needs to be there.  His physical skills aren't half bad, either.

Awesome news, always loved Pratt and to hear he had a good game and shown his talent sure makes me excited.

To already be diagnosing plays is what really gives me the giddies.

If he comes along like i think he can i think he could be our next great Linebacker.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I saw Pratt everywhere last night, reading and tackling at the LOS, in pass coverage, blitzing (just missed getting there on long TD toss).

Spikes body but the ability to cover like a Safety at times...

Pratt could be really special.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know he wasn't timed with "blazing" speed, but he plays fast.  His play diagnosing skills seem to allow him to be exactly where he needs to be, when he needs to be there.  His physical skills aren't half bad, either.

Pratt is a former free safety.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I like it. Next years draft we gotta look for a pass coverage linebacker to team up with Pratt. Someone that’s excels in pass coverage like LB Wilson who didn’t play the run well.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pratt is a former free safety.

Hmm, I remember another LB that was a former Safety.  He turned out to be pretty good.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 04:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I remember another LB that was a former Safety.  He turned out to be pretty good.  

Urlacher I am pretty sure is the dude you are alluding to...
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 05:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Urlacher I am pretty sure is the dude you are alluding to...

And, you would be correct, my good man.   Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 05:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, you would be correct, my good man.   Cool

Always loved Urlacher, but he was WAY bigger than Pratt. He was like 260 and 6'4"!

I think Pratt could be an even better LB in pass coverage, he just seems to be a natural in this aspect.

Good tackler too. Will have his growing pains, every player pretty much does.

The diagnosing plays as you said is what stands out though. Pratt has the smarts unlike Malik Jefferson.

Still thinking Pratt was the steal of the Draft. If Traveon Williams can get healthy he could be the other one.

Andrew Brown from last year might be a big time steal too, we will see.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 05:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Always loved Urlacher, but he was WAY bigger than Pratt. He was like 260 and 6'4"!

I think Pratt could be an even better LB in pass coverage, he just seems to be a natural in this aspect.

Good tackler too. Will have his growing pains, every player pretty much does.

The diagnosing plays as you said is what stands out though. Pratt has the smarts unlike Malik Jefferson.

Still thinking Pratt was the steal of the Draft. If Traveon Williams can get healthy he could be the other one.

Andrew Brown from last year might be a big time steal too, we will see.

Urlacher wasn't always big.  I think he was only in his 220s when he was drafted.  He just grew to become an imposing physical presence, as his job demanded it of him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote