Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons
(08-23-2021, 11:02 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Way to assume everyone here is “white”

***** jackass

Yeah, might be harsh by you here Frank but that was a BS post by Fred...

I have lots of Native American friends that hate seeing the Redskins and Indians names changed.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 02:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or think we're incredibly offensive.

I've heard the new generation say that shows like Friends and Seinfeld are not really tolerable because of how offensive they are.
I disagreed with that thought at first, but after rewatching many episodes, I could see that from a first-time viewer in an era where it's less accepted.

What Is offensive is always changing.  Decades ago people were offended The Brady Bunch was about a woman who was divorced.  Sesame Street was too multi cultural to be shown in Mississippi. People gleefully tried to cancel Elvis and the Beatles.  

People we're always upset about something.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 04:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What Is offensive is always changing.  Decades ago people were offended The Brady Bunch was about a woman who was divorced.  Sesame Street was too multi cultural to be shown in Mississippi. People gleefully tried to cancel Elvis and the Beatles.  

People we're always upset about something.  

Mississippi hasn't really changed then lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 05:11 PM)Germaine Pratt Wrote: I should have taken the tight end. My eyes were in the backfield," said Pratt, who hasn't been making mistakes like that very often.

When talking about the TE running around by himself on the first play. Pratt's blown coverage, not Wilson's. 

https://www.bengals.com/news/camp-notebook-another-big-day-for-bengals-defense-spence-on-familiar-turf-in-reu
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 03:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And Harry Potter books should be banned from schools because they promote satanic witchcraft.

There are all sorts of extremists out there.

There sure are. I prefer Tolkien to Rowling. His mythology seems to me to be more grounded in actual spirituality and historical beliefs, hers seems to be merely symbolic window dressing.  But then, I haven't read her books, so maybe they're better in that regard...

Personally I'm more than a little weary of the whole PC, easily offended thing in our society,  left or right based. But then I'm a guy who can listen to Rush L one day, and NPR the next and find merit (and disagreement) in each...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2021, 07:48 PM)SladeX Wrote: There sure are. I prefer Tolkien to Rowling. His mythology seems to me to be more grounded in actual spirituality and historical beliefs, hers seems to be merely symbolic window dressing.  But then, I haven't read her books, so maybe they're better in that regard...

Personally I'm more than a little weary of the whole PC, easily offended thing in our society,  left or right based. But then I'm a guy who can listen to Rush L one day, and NPR the next and find merit (and disagreement) in each...

JRR is my fave and agree with what you said here Slade to a point, cannot listen to NPR much...
Reply/Quote