Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***Preseason GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Commanders***
It’s just gross seeing how easy backups move on our backups but we constantly are stuck in mud.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 08:48 PM)Housh Wrote: Anyone been paying attention to Ivey? Gonna be hard to not give him a roster spot. He’d be gone within 20 minutes of hitting the PS

Who are you going to cut in order to make that roster spot for him? (I like him, too)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 08:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: it's not the first time I had to look up one of your vocabulary words. Cue a joke about those of you from England need to learn to speak English. (I'm actually enjoying picking up words from the motherland.)

LOL
I know all English speaking countries have their own words, but that one kind of surprises me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 08:48 PM)Housh Wrote: Anyone been paying attention to Ivey? Gonna be hard to not give him a roster spot. He’d be gone within 20 minutes of hitting the PS

Sadly my main man from last year (Allen George) is done. Luckily. dude has a quality education from Vandy. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 08:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It’s just gross seeing how easy backups move on our backups but we constantly are stuck in mud.

Not so fast, our backups played most of the first half.  This is "the best of the rest" as some might say.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 08:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not so fast, our backups played most of the first half.  This is "the best of the rest" as some might say.

Well I’m pretty sure it’s the same for them.
Reply/Quote
Awuzie, CTB, Hilton, Turner, Ivey, Davis, and Jones…….

I’d probably PS Davis keep the other 6. Hate to even say it but Awuzie may go down at any point when he finally gets game minutes so we are gonna need to probably keep Jones. I like him over Ivey at Dime corner right now but Ivey could change my mind after Jones gets beat a few times
-Housh
Reply/Quote
That was pathetic.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 08:52 PM)Housh Wrote: Awuzie, CTB, Hilton, Turner, Ivey, Davis, and Jones…….

I’d probably PS Davis keep the other 6. Hate to even say it but Awuzie may go down at any point when he finally gets game minutes so we are gonna need to probably keep Jones. I like him over Ivey at Dime corner right now but Ivey could change my mind after Jones gets beat a few times

Coulda had Eli for $2 million and have a proven replacement if Awuzie went down.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I have the sound down so i'm guessing that Browning has the #2 wrapped up after that first drive? I haven't seen him since then.

Siemian is ass, btw.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Lucky bastard although he probably just got himself cut.

Reply/Quote
Still sticking with Siemian? Does this mean that Browning has the edge and their giving Siemian a last chance to wow them?
Reply/Quote
Jaxon Kirkland has moved up to second string RG and is getting a run at RT now. My question to Frank Pollack is why? He has been horrendous in the whole pre-season if he's looking good in practice that would worry me about the DL..
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Raymond J has been good in every preseason game

Practice squad all day.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Chrisman needed a big punt after the first one went for 38 and he boomed a 61-yarder inside the 20 with no return. Robbins had one punt for 51 yards and inside the 20.
Reply/Quote
The backups can’t run block for shit

They can pass block pretty well tho.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Besides that idiot pick Trevor has been great
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson interview on sidelines was interesting.

Certain people needed weeding out of the locker room in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 08:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who are you going to cut in order to make that roster spot for him? (I like him, too)

There will be coachs cage fights over the back end of the roster.  Does Callahan get to keep that extra o-lineman, 7th WR or 4th TE vs Lou Anarumo fighting for that extra d-lineman or 5th safety?

Darrin Simmons is the referee.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:08 PM)Housh Wrote: Besides that idiot pick Trevor has been great

I wonder why Siemian has been getting the great majority of the snaps. Browning started and looked good. But he's hasn't played since. Siemian has looked good at times, but he's had all kinds of time to throw on this last series. I wonder if Browning has the inside track and their trying to see if Siemian does something to change their minds or if Siemian has the inside track and their trying to get him ready? 
Reply/Quote