Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***Preseason GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Commanders***
What's the use in kicking a FG here?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What's the use in kicking a FG here?

To give the FG Team practice
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Because I’ve got money on the Bengals and the universe hates me.

That’s all.
Reply/Quote
BLAST THAT MOTHER *****!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Jaxon Kirkland has moved up to second string RG and is getting a run at RT now. My question to Frank Pollack is why? He has been horrendous in the whole pre-season if he's looking good in practice that would worry me about the DL..

It's the second half of the JV game, they are just giving guys looks at any feasible spot right now.  And, had D'Ante Smith not left the game with an injury, there likely would have been less shakeup at the T position.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

part of the punter's job is holding...and of course battles for those final positions usuall come down to performances on special teams

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That’s not a penalty
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
bad call go out of bounds or get shit on
Reply/Quote
Imagine just trying to make a roster and you get run over by a freight train lmao
Reply/Quote
Bull shit penalty dude was still in bounds and running.
Reply/Quote
No rush. No cover.

Solid gameplan.

Reply/Quote
Safe bet to say, the backups on this team suck sour ass.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No rush. No cover.

Solid gameplan.

Who is 42 and why was he dropping back in the end zone when the guy hit the five yard line? The front part counts too.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Our backup guys can’t cover the pass at all. Pratt and Wilson would be locking down these passes
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Yeah if any of our starters get injured we are bang in the shit.

That was a terrible drive.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:19 PM)pally Wrote: part of the punter's job is holding...and of course battles for those final positions usuall come down to performances on special teams

What would you consider more important. Seeing if the punter can hold the ball and a couple guys on the edge can block, or if 11 guys can perform in a crucial situation?

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:26 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Yeah if any of our starters get injured we are bang in the shit.

I don’t think many of these guys are next up.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:26 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Yeah if any of our starters get injured we are bang in the shit.

The dudes out there now are not our 2nd string. 

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 09:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What would you consider more important. Seeing if the punter can hold the ball and a couple guys on the edge can block, or if 11 guys can perform in a crucial situation?

I'd pick the one guy that might make the 53 over the 11 that won't. 

Reply/Quote
That was a nice play design.

Reply/Quote