Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 2) ***Chiefs @ Bengals - GameDay Thread***
(08-19-2017, 10:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So does this game kinda solidify the idea that the Bengals D line was being hyped because they practice against a really bad O line?

The amount of missed tackles tonight was embarrassing. Guys trying for big hits and not wrapping up.

That's part of the un-disciplined Marvin scheme. Sucks, really does! Bill Belichick wouldn't put a team like that on the field unless he was in Cleveland!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Atkins is 29. Green 29. Dunlap 28.

These guys are in their prime for maybe 2 more years...and it's going to be squandered by having a terrible line.

Then we have playmakers like Mixon...and no offensive line.

$18 million in cap space and we signed Andre Smith to be backup RT.

But we save money to resign, err well, let our best players walk. But we get those precious comp picks !
Reply/Quote
Well that sucked...

OL was dominated in the run game and had multiple lapses in the pass game. As a result the RBs couldn't get going and the pass game had no rhythm. Still, compared to the defense they shone like the sun.

Defense? Well, no pressure to speak of, no lane discipline, bad angles, poor tackling. Embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well that sucked...

OL was dominated in the run game and had multiple lapses in the pass game. As a result the RBs couldn't get going and the pass game had no rhythm. Still, compared to the defense they shone like the sun.

Defense? Well, no pressure to speak of, no lane discipline, bad angles, poor tackling. Embarrassing.

The horribly bad tackling is a major concern, preseason or not !
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's part of the un-disciplined Marvin scheme. Sucks, really does! Bill Belichick wouldn't put a team like that on the field unless he was in Cleveland!

It goes way beyond Marvin as he's been allowed to coach here way longer than any other owner in the NFL would allow him to without a playoff win.

It's the entire organization. I'm sure they mean well and try well...and things have improved since the 90's with Marvin.

But when it comes to putting an elite team on the field and competing with the best organizations in the league...the Bengals can't do it. We may as well be in the 90s in that regard.

And guess what? Making the playoffs is good enough for a large portion of the fan base. Why should the Bengals change?

We could go 6-10 again and we'll draft some guy that Hobson will hype and fans will talk about him like he's an All-Pro. Rinse. Repeat.
Reply/Quote
Does Shawn Williams still have a arm?

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well that sucked...

Yeah, during an eclipse!

Reply/Quote
I don't see any way Williams isn't out for the year with that injury. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Welp, this is gonna be one long ass year
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't see any way Williams isn't out for the year with that injury. Thoughts?

No way he's back this year, that was a dislocation and a half. I just hope his arm will still function properly at some point
Reply/Quote
That was.....turds
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Welp, this is gonna be one long ass year

Browns might not be the ones in the basement.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't see any way Williams isn't out for the year with that injury. Thoughts?

I'll be shocked if that wasn't his season, looked bad !
Reply/Quote
Countdown to the Bengals signing Donte Whitner...
Reply/Quote
Hey the Reds have nearly outscored the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:22 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Browns might not be the ones in the basement.

I honestly have more faith in Jackson turning them around than Marvin leading us to a playoff win.

We've lost A LOT of talent in free agency the past 2 offseasons. A LOT. People underestimate it because we drafted 2 flash skill players.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Countdown to the Bengals signing Donte Whitner...

WHY?

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: WHY?

Oh...they'll sign a washed up vet with name recognition to replace Williams. Just watch.

It will also be in reaction to this poor performance.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 11:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh...they'll sign a washed up vet with name recognition to replace Williams. Just watch.

It will also be in reaction to this poor performance.

Ok. Makes sense. Really was thrown by that one. Did I mention I needed another case of beer?

Reply/Quote
Good lord! I'm still to lazy to change the channel. Watching Judge Judy. I hate that HO! Remote is 3 inches from my hand, but too busy typing how much I hate that ho! Wait.... I think I need a beer 5 ft away in the fridge. MOTIVATION!

Reply/Quote