Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida sixth-grader charged with misdemeanor after refusing to recite Pledge
(02-19-2019, 09:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know, I got into the relevant conversation after stating what you said was an opinion and irrelevant.

The part of the conversation you consider to be relevant is also an opinion.
(02-19-2019, 05:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: The part of the conversation you consider to be relevant is also an opinion.

Other than stating the events that occurred, correct. I wasn't claiming it was not an opinion. I was just pointing out that your opinions on those things being racist or representing racist ideals are just opinions and that the student, and others, can have different ones based on their lived experiences.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-19-2019, 06:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Other than stating the events that occurred, correct. I wasn't claiming it was not an opinion. I was just pointing out that your opinions on those things being racist or representing racist ideals are just opinions and that the student, and others, can have different ones based on their lived experiences.

Sounds like you are stereotyping which is just another nice word for racist.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-19-2019, 08:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sounds like you are stereotyping which is just another nice word for racist.

How am I stereotyping? And no, it isn't. But I'd like to see how wrong you are before explaining the difference.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR