Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Trump installed a room-sized golf simulator at White House
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/president-trump-installed-a-room-sized-golf-simulator-at-white-house/2019/02/13/ed3f6d5c-2e45-11e9-813a-0ab2f17e305b_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7bed20808e6e

Quote:President Trump has installed a room-sized “golf simulator” game at the White House, which allows him to play virtual rounds at courses all over the world by hitting a ball into a large video screen, according to two people told about the system.

That system replaced an older, less sophisticated golf simulator that had been installed under President Obama, according to two people with knowledge of the previous system.

Trump’s system cost about $50,000, and was put in during the last few weeks in a room in his personal quarters, a White House official said.

So he simply replaced one already there.  No problem.

But then there's this:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-replaces-obamas-outdated-golf-simulator-in-the-white-house-residence

Quote:The system replaced a similar but outdated system that was installed during former President Barack Obama’s tenure, the report said. The White House said Trump hasn’t used the machine since it was installed.

BS.  That's part of his "executive time"!

btw, the examiner was one of the few top links to put that this was a replacement in their headline.

[Image: golf-simulator.jpg]
[Image: golf-simulator2.jpg]
[Image: golf-simulator3.jpg]

Deadspin with the worst headline of the day on the subject.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I mean if he uses it once it saves tax payers money versus going somewhere to golf and the security costs associated with it. Don't really have a problem with it.
The old one did not result in him hitting a hole in one every time.

It was obviously defective.
Believe the report also said he paid for it personally. If that's the case, I don't care at all. I would do the same if I were in his position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-13-2019, 03:57 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Believe the report also said he paid for it personally.  If that's the case, I don't care at all.  I would do the same if I were in his position.

From the link:
The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss details of the president’s private residence, said Trump had paid for the new system and the installation personally

If it's on his dime, I don't care.
I remember my mom making me try out for the golf team in 10th grade as if playing golf were going to make me a well-connected winner.
(02-13-2019, 05:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I remember my mom making me try out for the golf team in 10th grade as if playing golf were going to make me a well-connected winner.

Well maybe if you would have picked your lazy 12 yo ass up by the bootstraps and bought a simulator you would have made the team!
Hitler pulled the same shit.
I wonder if Obama paid for his simulator?
(02-14-2019, 10:08 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I wonder if Obama paid for his simulator?

Probably not.

He didn't pay for the one on his bus in 2016.  But the whole bus only cost $2.2 million and the GOP candidate got one too. (Not sure if the both came with the simulator.)
Dude can get whatever toys he wants on his dime.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-13-2019, 05:44 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Well maybe if you would have picked your lazy 12 yo ass up by the bootstraps and bought a simulator you would have made the team!

Perhaps.  The long version is I showed up and I was the only one on the team who hadn't spent his whole life playing golf with his old man.  Then I noticed everyone else there had country club memberships and I asked my parents if we could join the country club so I could...you know...golf.  They acted like I was crazy.  I got cut about 2 practices in, told the coach thank you and went back to playing soccer like the low-class Italian-American loser I was.

END SCENE
(02-14-2019, 11:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Dude can get whatever toys he wants on his dime.

Yep.  Plus it keeps him from embarrassing himself on the real course.
(02-14-2019, 12:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps.  The long version is I showed up and I was the only one on the team who hadn't spent his whole life playing golf with his old man.  Then I noticed everyone else there had country club memberships and I asked my parents if we could join the country club so I could...you know...golf.  They acted like I was crazy.  I got cut about 2 practices in, told the coach thank you and went back to playing soccer like the low-class Italian-American loser I was.

END SCENE
[Image: hand-gesture-sign-italian-men-s-premium-t-shirt.jpg]
This is hilarious.

Dude pays for it out of his own money and people post like he's opening a puppy murdering clinic.

Democrats are seriously hilarious in how much they're running out of ways to hate on Trump.

I'm counting down the days until they bash him for wiping his ass from from-to-back instead of back-to-front because they'll find a way to label it as immoral!
(02-14-2019, 06:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is hilarious.

Dude pays for it out of his own money and people post like he's opening a puppy murdering clinic.

Democrats are seriously hilarious in how much they're running out of ways to hate on Trump.

I'm counting down the days until they bash him for wiping his ass from from-to-back instead of back-to-front because they'll find a way to label it as immoral!

Literally no in this thread one said he couldn't or shouldn't do it

Maybe your maga hat is too tight?  Smirk
(02-14-2019, 06:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Literally no in this thread one said he couldn't or shouldn't do it

Then what was your point in posting about it?
He paid for it, so what if he uses it or not?

Just what exactly is your point?
(02-14-2019, 06:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Literally no in this thread one said he couldn't or shouldn't do it

Why would you post it then if you didn't think it was a waste of taxpayer money or just something stupid?

You were obviously trying to bash him, so what angle were you aiming for, if not who paid for it?
(02-14-2019, 08:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Then what was your point in posting about it?

He doesn't have one, like most liberals.

They'll just search for anything to complain about in regards to Trump.
(02-14-2019, 08:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Then what was your point in posting about it?

the point is no one should wipe their ass from from-to-back.  its immoral.

whats your point?
(02-14-2019, 08:57 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: the point is no one should wipe their ass from from-to-back.  its immoral.

whats your point?

When the OP tells me what his original point was, then I can make my point clearer.
But in case you can't figure it out, he's wasted space and distracting us from things that are far more important.