Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President and First Lady test POSITIVE!
(10-02-2020, 01:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So when he recovers will you admit there is a 99% chance of survival for anyone over 70 years old or will you ignore that fact that has played out? Have you seen the death rates? How about the death rates for children who people want to lock down.

I will pray for you and all who are hoping the first lady and President die from the China virus.

According to John Hopkins Covid tracking website, the overall case fatality rate is 3% regardless of age group. So a 99% survival rate for the over 70 age group is practically impossible. Can you provide a source?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 01:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: When did you get access to the President's treatment?

When both Trump and his doctor released his health information publicly
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 03:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Then why are people happy he has it if it's not because he COULD die from it?

That is not the reason for some form of schadenfreude that is actually displayed. You got the psychology behind that very wrong. It's not about the chance of Trump dieing of it. 

The schadenfreude stems from Trump being quite irresponsible in handling corona, from playing it down, from claiming a sham medication is actually good protection, for all the lies and misinformations coming from him. You can see that one differently (you really should not, but whatever), but please do understand that this is the root of the "happiness", and not the chance that Trump dies. Ordinary people, right and also left, are not that evil.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 03:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: That is not the reason for some form of schadenfreude that is actually displayed. You got the psychology behind that very wrong. It's not about the chance of Trump dieing of it. 

The schadenfreude stems from Trump being quite irresponsible in handling corona, from playing it down, from claiming a sham medication is actually good protection, for all the lies and misinformations coming from him. You can see that one differently (you really should not, but whatever), but please do understand that this is the root of the "happiness", and not the chance that Trump dies. Ordinary people, right and also left, are not that evil.

Exactly. If you mock and belittle people for being cautious you can expect people to find some satisfaction if/when you fall prey to your own arrogance. 

It wasn't even him bring reckless, he was flat out bullying people for being cautious about it.  He laid it on too thick to not get laughed at. 

And I don't hope he dies, but we've already had over 200k people die from it and I've seen a whole lotta "meh" from people about that. I get it, he's the most important person to get covid but that's not how things are supposed to work. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 01:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trump has stated facts, this is not deadly for people less than 65 years old (science and facts prove it) and it is not as deadly for healthy Americans under 65 years old. All backed up by the facts.

If he survives, he will once again prove he is correct in everything he said. People get sick, people die daily so he if he survives it he proves an old person can get the virus just like the flu, manage it and go on with their life.

Facts like it is a Democrat hoax? Facts like it is totally under control? Facts like it is only 15 cases and will soon be down to zero? Facts like it will go away when it gets hot? Facts like it will be gone by the summer? Facts like if the deaths stay below 100K that would be a good job?

Or facts like the recording of him admitting it is much more dangerous than what he told the public?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 01:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Everyone has flaws and just about everyone has done someone wrong in life, but you generally don't see people cheering when other people die.

Trump sees imaginary people cheering when people die. Even incorrectly bragged about owning the tallest building in NY after thousands died.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 03:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Exactly. If you mock and belittle people for being cautious you can expect people to find some satisfaction if/when you fall prey to your own arrogance. 

It wasn't even him bring reckless, he was flat out bullying people for being cautious about it.  He laid it on too thick to not get laughed at. 

And I don't hope he dies, but we've already had over 200k people die from it and I've seen a whole lotta "meh" from people about that. I get it, he's the most important person to get covid but that's not how things are supposed to work. 

Like when he told the reporter to take off his mask.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/1312053792276447232
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We reap what we sow
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
How many deaths is his campaign directly responsible for? We know of at least one for sure and we only know of it because he is famous.

He is personally responsible for helping spread COVID 45
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 04:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/1312053792276447232

So that looks interesting.

Also interesting is some of the Tweets further down, such as the one with the video of Trump mocking his opponent for getting sick in 2016. Or how the administration didn't have the common decency to inform the Biden campaign of the sudden outbreak.

Such class. Much decency. Very Presidential. ***** joke.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 04:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How many deaths is his campaign directly responsible for? We know of at least one for sure and we only know of it because he is famous.

He is personally responsible for helping spread COVID 45

I don't think you understand what "directly responsible for" means. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 04:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't think you understand what "directly responsible for" means. 

Trump and we the voters are both culpable in placing such a careless and flippant man in a position of such power.  There is no "someone else's fault" at that level. 

And I say this as someone who got a lot of spiteful joy out of seeing him get thrown into the deepest of deep ends. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 11:15 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Do you know if he was also getting different info at the same time?  No, you don't.  My point is not to defend Trump, but look at this reasonably.  You have no idea what info was being provided to him before and after the interview.  There was lots of different info in the news at that time.  One day we needed masks the next day we didn't.  Shutdown, don't shutdown.  Will go away like the flu, will not go away like the flu.  No one knew for sure.  I just believe there is more context than a phone call that we will never know about.  I would say the same no matter who is Prez.

Mickey, the above isn't really a good representation of Trump's information environment.  

From the beginning he has had the best medical advice in the world. IN THE WORLD. The quickest access to new information. Doctors who could explain scientific method, the cautious process of verifying virus transmission, of developing and then distributing vaccine. All so he could make the best possible decisions on our behalf.

It's only we who are limited to "lots of different info in the news."

He was urged caution. He scorned that advice. He pulled us out of WHO. Blamed China after praising China. Began months of mixed messaging on masks and social distancing. "Go away like the flu" was all Trump. Promised a vaccine by the end of the year, maybe before the election. linked his pandemic response to the stock market and his re-election.

He is the primary reason why there was "lots of different info in the news at the time." No consistent leadership; "up to the states." "slow down the testing." Rallies with thousands of unmasked. He spread false information he heard on Fox. He pulled a crackpot Fox doctor onto his WH advisory team. 

We are looking at Trump CHOICES here, Mickey, BAD CHOICES, not a consequence of confusing information. Choices made by someone with bad judgment, who has no basic understanding of how science works, who placed Fox on par with an experienced professional medical team, and who is consequently unfit to lead a nation at any time, let alone during a pandemic, but whom a segment of voters placed in charge our CDC, our doctors, our national pandemic response.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We reap what we sow

We may also reap what others sow.

That is why choosing a president with good judgment is something important.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 01:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Generally no, sometimes yes.  Anyways he isn't dead and he isn't going to die. 

Some day he will...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 05:13 PM)Dill Wrote: We may also reap what others sow.

That is why choosing a president with good judgment is something important.

Yes, we will reap what we sow

Reply/Quote
In addition the POTUS knew he was exposed and went to a fundraiser after.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 05:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: In addition the POTUS knew he was exposed and went to a fundraiser after.

Not sure the commentary matches the posted tweet

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 04:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/1312053792276447232

Just more information some people will dismiss off hand as fake news.
Reply/Quote