Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President and First Lady test POSITIVE!
He tweeted that he is coming home today at 6:30, not to be scared of Covid, and that his administration's action on treatments for it has resulted in him feeling 20 years younger.

Don't worry about it. You'll feel better after having it... except for the potential permanent damage it does to your heart, brain, and lungs I guess...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

"Don't be afraid of Covid"

What a great effing message to send out when you have the best medical care in the world treating you, when 200,000 plus Americans have died from it with who knows how many more 100s of 1000s will.

With all due respect, oh nevermind, I'll refrain.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 03:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think he'll take it more seriously.

Just like he'd learn his lesson about Executive overreach when he got impeached, right?

I'm all for backing the horse your hitched to, but sometimes you gotta whip it when it ain't doing what it's supposed to.

Oh, and his tweets basically cut your legs out here. Sorry.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 03:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This occurred moments after posting a video in which he said he now "got it". LOL...

Yeah, he went to the "real" Covid school, not the school where you learn stuff in books, learned a lot, he's gonna let us know what he learned soon, probably in 2 weeks when he releases his comprehensive health plan
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:12 PM)Millhouse Wrote:
Quote:I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 5, 2020
"Don't be afraid of Covid" What a great effing message to send out when you have the best medical care in the world treating you, when 200,000 plus Americans have died from it with who knows how many more 100s of 1000s will. With all due respect, oh nevermind, I'll refrain.

So you think Trump should fearmonger and tell everyone to lock themselves in their houses and not come out until 2023?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well at least he will be able to give us 2 more debates now.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So you think Trump should fearmonger and tell everyone to lock themselves in their houses and not come out until 2023?

He belittled Biden for wearing a mask last week.  A mask Biden was wearing for Trump's protection, not his own.  He could start by sending a consistent message that the CDC has recommended since April.  And if he did that from the beginning we might have been able to avoid lockdowns.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So you think Trump should fearmonger and tell everyone to lock themselves in their houses and not come out until 2023?

Jesus...

I guess expecting him to act intelligent and responsible is too much to ask.

There were already people who died from HCQ and bleach and disinfectants because of shit this moron said. Now there will be a wave of moronic trump supporters who think they will feel 20 years younger if they get the virus.

It’s a never ending cycle of stupidity with this guy
Reply/Quote

Nah, him telling people that he feels 20 years younger and that covid is merely a weekend affair for an obese man in his 70s sends enough of a message.  60% of this country is going to do the opposite of what he says anyways. 

Nice to know that government healthcare works for him.
Reply/Quote

What a great effing message to send out when you have the best medical care in the world treating you, when 200,000 plus Americans have died from it with who knows how many more 100s of 1000s will.

I did not know two private pharmaceutical companies, Gilead and Regeneron, were a part of the Trump administration. Trump must have learned that at Covid school.
Reply/Quote

This is disappointing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He belittled Biden for wearing a mask last week.  A mask Biden was wearing for Trump's protection, not his own.  He could start by sending a consistent message that the CDC has recommended since April.  And if he did that from the beginning we might have been able to avoid lockdowns.

I agree. However, him being positive on a topic does not necessitate a smackdown from others.

If he posted to not be afraid of COVID, to not wear masks to not social distance, to make out with your neighbors, etc. THEN I could see a negative response. But, people are so full of hate for the man, they can't even let a positive message go without attacking him.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There were already people who died from HCQ and bleach and disinfectants because of shit this moron said. Now there will be a wave of moronic trump supporters who think they will feel 20 years younger if they get the virus.

What's moronic is people think that any of this is true.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is disappointing.

Can't be disappointed without expectations.

But I will say that I can sort of squint and see this as overly optimistic and unrealistic, but not flat-out obnoxious.  I can easily see him getting obnoxious about it soon, but so far he's not done anything too egregious.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And the photos of him "working" were staged 10 minutes apart in different rooms signing a blank piece of paper.

just saw the story on this

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/10/trump-staging-photos-walter-reed-hospital

Vanity Fair is reporting that Don Jr. is actually worried that his dad is being too erratic after the car ride, but Ivanka, who tweeted the photos, is being his cheerleader. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/don-jr-thinks-trump-is-acting-crazy-presidents-covid-joyride-has-family-divided
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I agree. However, him being positive on a topic does not necessitate a smackdown from others.

If he posted to not be afraid of COVID, to not wear masks to not social distance, to make out with your neighbors, etc. THEN I could see a negative response. But, people are so full of hate for the man, they can't even let a positive message go without attacking him.

Meh, it's a positive message about how immediate access to great and free healthcare can drastically alter and improve your life.  Forgive me for feeling cynical about the situation.
Reply/Quote

Did I even hint at all at going to that extreme? 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And he tried to blame the military and law enforcement because they love him so much they're always trying to come up and kiss him.

Yeah, random PV2 Joe Snuffy just walks right past all the Secret Service agents unchallenged to tongue kiss Trump and gave him the 'rona.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-suggests-military-police-to-blame-for-staff-getting-coronavirus-2020-10

"You know Hope very well. She's fantastic, and she's done a great job. But, it is very, very hard when you are with people from the military or from law enforcement and they come over to you," Trump said. "They want to hug you, and they want to kiss you because we really have done a good job for them."

Military don't seem very thankful. I think an apology is owed Trump at least.

Meantime, Trump feels good on steroid treatment. He is going back to the WH tonight.

Don't be afraid of COVID.     DON'T LET IT DOMINATE YOUR LIFE!

On a side note, I just can't shake the feeling that people who get the virus are somehow just WEAK, weaker than the rest of us.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 05:05 PM)Dill Wrote: On a side note, I just can't shake the feeling that people who get the virus are somehow WEAK, weaker than the rest of us.

I'm not SURE he will say that he is better/stronger than people who died from it directly, but I'm pretty sure he will tell people he got over covid in no time at all and Biden is going to be in much more danger if he gets it.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nah, him telling people that he feels 20 years younger and that covid is merely a weekend affair for an obese man in his 70s sends enough of a message.  60% of this country is going to do the opposite of what he says anyways. 

Nice to know that government healthcare works for him.

And for 750$ 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote