Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Conference at 3pm....
(01-11-2016, 05:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Found it interesting that bengals security reported the social media stuff to the league.   I imagine that was the death threat.  

The league needs to step up.   Everyone wants to act like marvin has no control but compared to how Tomlin runs that team.... Marvin looks like Patton.

When I mentioned the Bengals players wre getting death-threats (as part of an explanation of what happened in that game), people on my facebook feed said "so what, celebrities get death threats all the time!"

I have no idea how to respond to that or what the hell they're thinking.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I asked these same questions, I think we have a reporter on the forum right? They might lose their job, so. It's all part of the game, I guess.

Yeah I asked him this in the forum, no response yet. I just got blasted by the usual resident homers for asking the question.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When I mentioned the Bengals players wre getting death-threats (as part of an explanation of what happened in that game), people on my facebook feed said "so what, celebrities get death threats all the time!"

Those who say so what to death threats are clueless morons.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When I mentioned the Bengals players wre getting death-threats (as part of an explanation of what happened in that game), people on my facebook feed said "so what, celebrities get death threats all the time!"

Yeah and the threats are dealt with. Put it this way if me or you said that to a celebrity, player, or government offical we would have the FBI up our ass.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: Tools and power have nothing to do with the utter lack of consistency and even handedness in the officiating. You saw it in the way the two teams played - the Steelers looked like they knew they could target players with impunity and not get called on it while the officials were clearly looking for reasons to flag the Bengals for even a hint of targeting.

We can now add Gio to the Hall of Fame of Bengals players knowingly and deliberately targeted by the Steelers with no consequences of note:

- Palmer
 - Rivers
 - Huber
 - Eifert
 - Bernard

I'm sure I missed some.

Tools have a lot to do with consistency. When you remove the human component and standardize methods for review, you can make sure every case is provided the same level of scope and attention. Imagine if a referee did have the ability to call the penalty against Shazier after reviewing it? That alone is potentially a game changer.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing about the potential one-sidedness, but I do think refs should be able to utilize replay booths for penalty assurance as well as coaches having the ability to challenge called/missed penalties.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Has nothing to do with the presser. Try again. 

Has nothing to do with reality either Marvin.

Which came first the goose or the egg?

[Image: gooseegg_zpsiv0q8thg.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Found it interesting that bengals security reported the social media stuff to the league.   I imagine that was the death threat.  

The league needs to step up.   Everyone wants to act like marvin has no control but compared to how Tomlin runs that team.... Marvin looks like Patton.

To be fair.....Tomlin has a higher up with the Allegheny Co. Sheriff's Dept. running his security, and we don't. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:57 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It takes courage to change your status quo, and their conservative mantra could be completely getting in the way of that.

(01-11-2016, 04:58 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Exactly.  Eventually you have to realize that someone has taken you as far as they can.  Losing this game for me was not the final straw, it is the lack of discipline and the fact this same problem goes back almost his entire tenure.

(01-11-2016, 04:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Some times you just need to take the risk to get a reward. 
Seattle spent megabucks on a bad QB then benched him for Russell Wilson.
They took a shot on a coach who had mediocre at best NFL success before going to the college ranks for a decade. 

Risks need to be taken for rewards. 

Indeed gentlemen.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If you want every call in the future to against the Bengals, then yes Lewis should have publicly called out the refs, lost his spot on the competition committee and soured his favor around the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If you want every call in the future to against the Bengals, then yes Lewis should have publicly called out the refs, lost his spot on the competition committee and soured his favor around the league.

They're already being targeted by the officials. Making it public makes that targeting harder not easier.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: They're already being targeted by the officials. Making it public makes that targeting harder not easier.

No it won't. 
Every borderline hold, every borderline block in the back will automatically go against them.
It will get worse. Not better. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:11 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No it won't. 
Every borderline hold, every borderline block in the back will automatically go against them.
It will get worse. Not better. 

[Image: squo_zps3na6gq10.png]
Reply/Quote
During the press conference a nurse came in periodically to make sure Lewis had a pulse....
Reply/Quote