Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price Trade
Just reading an article on the Bengals wire about the possibility of us trading Price this year.
I think it would be a good idea as I can't see him as anything but a back up, im not sure if the team will give up on him this quickly but if we could get a 2nd or 3rd pick for him I would be very tempted
Reply/Quote
I don't see how Price would have any trade value.

Where did you read this?
Reply/Quote
If we can get a 2nd or 3rd for Billy Price I’ll drive him to the airport myself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 09:22 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Just reading an article on the Bengals wire about the possibility of us trading Price this year.
I think it would be a good idea as I can't see him as anything but a back up, im not sure if the team will give up on him this quickly but if we could get a 2nd or 3rd pick for him I would be very tempted

A 2nd, or 3rd for Price? He is absolutely awful. He is likely not worth any more than a 6th-7th. 
Reply/Quote
Is Bengal Wire satire now? I cant keep up.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see how Price would have any trade value.

Where did you read this?

Prolly referring to this.
https://twitter.com/Josh_Kirkendall/status/1237026991636873216?s=20
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see how Price would have any trade value.

Where did you read this?

Read it here, being over here in Scotland we don't get much on the NFL so i read as much websites as I can for news
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/09/cincinnati-bengals-billy-price-trade-idea/
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 10:04 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Read it here, being over here in Scotland we don't get much on the NFL so i read as much websites as I can for news
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/09/cincinnati-bengals-billy-price-trade-idea/

That particular site, along with a whole host of others these days, are more notorious for attempting to create news than actually reporting real news.  It really is unfortunate for someone like yourself, with limited access to NFL info.  

In Scotland, eh?  Have you ever carried the Dinnie Stones, can you turn a caber?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Get a 4th or a 5th for him. Take it and run
Reply/Quote
I'd been fine with trading him he basically only has two years left with the team because there's no way were picking up his 5th year option. I don't think we'll get much trade value for him I'd take a 4th at this point. There could be some center needy team that values him and thinks he will be a good fit in there system. Plus they would have two years to evaluate him on a rookie contract before deciding on his 5th year option.
Reply/Quote
If we can get any pick and unload his salary to invest elsewhere, we would probably be better off to do it. And I like Billy Price. Wish he would've shown more here.
Reply/Quote
I would trade him for a bottle of franks red hot

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
What round of draft pick do we have to give a team to take him?

Seriously though, I will cut him a little slack for his bad play in the second half of the season, since it was reported he was dealing with a back injury. Not a total pass overall though, because he stunk it up at center when healthy.

Freshman year in high school I was dealing with a lower back injury. One of my positions was second string OG and it felt like getting stabbed every time I hit somebody. Not easy to play through that.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 11:51 PM)Okeana Wrote: I would trade him for a bottle of franks red hot

You really think we could get a bottle of Franks? Probably one of those tiny bottles they have on the table at some restaurants.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 12:15 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: You really think we could get a bottle of Franks? Probably one of those tiny bottles they have on the table at some restaurants.

More like the hot sauce packets at Skyline.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I know the beat writers have mentioned that Price could be traded or cut, but it was just speculation and not something they heard from team officials. It wouldn't be the worst thing to part ways with him. He's nothing special, just a guy we were forced to take.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Right now Price is a charity case or seat filler.

Hope they can put some of that Jim Baker's bottle of Silver into his diet.

The boy needs a miracle is what I'm saying.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 09:22 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Just reading an article on the Bengals wire about the possibility of us trading Price this year.

LOL

Price is the kind of guy you trade for a conditional pick. Like a 2021 7th that could turn into a 2021 6th if he makes that team's 53 man roster. The team trade that is basically just trading a future 7th because they are low on the waiver wire order.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of trading guys when their value is at its lowest. Is he really that bad? So far the film says yes. If we could get a mid and up I would do it in a heart beat but I doubt we get anything other than a conditional late rounder. If thats the case I would rather hang on to him and see if he turns it around. If he straight up can not win a roster spot I would take the conditional late rounder if it was out there.

Nothing we saw from the college games shows he would be this bad, so hopefully he has recovered from some injury or talked to a sports psychologist and got his head out of his ass.
Reply/Quote
Billy Price is a late day 3 value at this point. My guess is he will net you a 6th but if you hold on to him through training camp you could maybe get a 4th/5th for him next year if there is another David Andrews type situation.
Reply/Quote