Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Football Weekly: Bengals want Jay Gruden
(12-19-2017, 07:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: on a side note dan lefevour  is available

Lefevour fever!!!!!

I'd be ok with Jay Gruden. Honestly...this would be a move to get me back on-board.  As Shake noted....not a lot of stink on him. He's somewhat of a Bungals outsider.  I'd take it.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 08:32 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Do we not remember his terrible play calling the season before he left? It was Bratkowski esque Run Run Pass Punt.

Or how about when the run was working and then ignored it for the rest of the game?

No to Jay.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
He had his faults....but he was raw and young. It's better than what we have been presented with thus far.  Who knows....he may bring a good OC with him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Look, we all have to accept the fact that our next head coach is not going to be a big, fancy hire. If our choices are down to Jay Gruden, Paul Guenther, and Darrin Simmons, I'll take Gruden ten times out of ten. At least he has had a chance to step away from the Bengals organization while Guenther and Simmons have been here forever.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 08:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ran a "meh" offense while he was here?
Only 1 winning season in 4 years in DC?
Went 27-35 in those 4 years?
Went 0-1 in the postseason?
Challenged 21 plays and only won 8 of them?

Sounds like a prime Bengals HC candidate.

With the Management of this team being what it is, guys like Belichick aren't exactly going to drop what they're doing and rush in for an interview..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So what about the rest of the staff?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Maybe they can lure Brian Price over from the Reds! Talk about a record!  2019-20-21 and 22 1st round draft picks galore!  We could make Cleveland fans wanna be Bungles fans! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If Jay Gruden comes back, that means the entire coaching staff will be resigned.
If Hue Jackson comes back, that means the entire coaching staff will be resigned.

I don't want anyone who has been a part of this team to be Head Coach. I want an outsider who gets to hire his own staff and make his own player decisions. If after three years this new outsider doesn't have this team at least in the playoffs, he gets the boot and start all over again.

No to Gruden and Jackson.

Oh who am I kidding?
The Bengals will never be that team that wants and does what is needed to win a Super Bowl. They will always be that team that says, "If it happens...cool...if not...that's ok too."
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 06:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: http://www.profootballweekly.com/lists/2017/12/19/c3f38b56a9ff476fb417c56c9a810771/index.xml?page=1

'A source is telling Pro Football Weekly that in spite of Marvin Lewis' denials of the report he'll be leaving the Bengals coaching job after the season, Bengals owner Mike Brown and company have been aware of the situation for weeks now and — contrary to other reports that have Brown possibly targeting Browns head coach Hue Jackson — we hear the guy he'd love to bring back is Gruden.

Our sources are telling us that even if Gruden isn't let go, the Bengals think highly enough of him that they might consider approaching Washington about a deal. Right now the Bengals are in wait-and-watch mode to see what Snyder's next move will be.'

Let's keep a running total in the next HC derby--Simmons is the front runner, they want Hue, they want Gruden...so far.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Really it's going to come down to whoever agrees to keep Alexander.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
That would be par for the course.  Do the easiest, cheapest coaching search possible.  I'm not against jay per se, but I wouldn't jump for joy either.

How about someone new and fresh here?
Reply/Quote
What would it take to lure Urban Meyer to Cincy? I would say the Bengal's Head Coaching job is a step down from OH St. Football, but maybe he would give the NFL a shot. He wouldn't have to move far.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 08:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Don't forget about the Deuce. Ninja

[Image: DIRCGrZVwAAjPCr.jpg]

Is that PC Principal?

Reply/Quote
I don't see him leaving a job in Washington unless he's fired. Furthermore, there team will actually make moves in the offseason season to improve their team. Heiden is a good coach but frankly, I hope he stays in Washington and we go after a guy like mc Daniels, the D.C. For the patriots, or an up and coming coordinator looking for his shot. I'd kill for a guy like araens from az or bill o Brien. Preferably someone that has wins. Playoff game or is a top notch OC
Reply/Quote
Have always been a big Jay Gruden fan and supporter since his playing days.

Would love it if he came back.

He crushed the draft when he was here as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Really it's going to come down to whoever agrees to keep Alexander.

Do not doubt yet sure hope not.

Want him gone the most. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t be a great hire, but we could do worse. If he was packaged with Cousins, then I’d be all for it. :)

I think we’ve had our expectations lowered, by rumors of guys like Simmons being on the list.

Seems like a long shot though. First he has to be fired or traded. If he’s fired, there may be a better job offer out there too. Don’t forget, he’s seen this operation up close. I’d be surprised if he’d come back, unless he felt like he had no other options.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden hasn't won a playoff game.. has he? Jay's stats were better under Marvin than on his own as a HC. He is as mediocre as Marvin. I rather look somewhere else.. John Gruden I might consider but he's been out of coaching for a while too.
Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden is a HECK of a lot better than our other REALISTIC options of Hue, Simmons, and Pauly G.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 08:32 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Do we not remember his terrible play calling the season before he left? It was Bratkowski esque Run Run Pass Punt.

I don't think you remember the problem with gruden was tooo many passes that last season
Reply/Quote