Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Football Weekly: Bengals want Jay Gruden
(12-20-2017, 12:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And that's assuming that Jay Gruden would even have any desire to come to Cincinnati..

I think many are thinking that anyone who's ever been associated with the franchise are just chomping at the bit to get back here.  When in reality, it's likely that some are glad to get away from such a dysfunctional system.

Yeah...it kind of sounds like many of the current assistants want out too.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 01:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...it kind of sounds like many of the current assistants want out too.

Mike Brown... Like a women who stays with her man as he beats and cheats on her, and then in the end, he breaks up with HER!

Looks like Marvin quit, and the assistant coaches did to. This after all Mike Brown let them get away with and the loyalty he showed.

Hard to feel bad for him tho.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 01:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...it kind of sounds like many of the current assistants want out too.

Good.  If only PA was one of them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 01:30 PM)McC Wrote: Good.  If only PA was one of them.

Maybe he does. Maybe Paul wants to be a coordinator and knows it won't happen here. Maybe he wants to be a head coach and if it's not going to be here, then he's going elsewhere to try to become one.

It'd be nice if that were true. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 10:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't think you remember the problem with gruden was tooo many passes that last season

In Gruden's last season (2013), we were 8th in the league in rush attempts and 12th in pass attempts.

(12-20-2017, 12:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Jay as Bengals HC is sort of an enigma for me. As a HC candidate, we could do far worse. However, the things that bother me is that his would be a lazy hire by Brown. If Mike goes through with a legitimate coaching search and comes back with Jay, that would allay my fears a little bit.

Then there's also the probability that Jay as HC means some or a lot of the current Cincy coaching staff comes back and as such, we're not really moving on from Merv.

I don't know if I'd switch teams if Jay is hired, but I don't like this move if it's made.

That is a legitimate worry, but I mainly just want Paul Alexander gone. If we hired Jay and replaced the o-line coach I'd be happy with that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 02:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In Gruden's last season (2013), we were 8th in the league in rush attempts and 12th in pass attempts.

That is a legitimate worry, but I mainly just want Paul Alexander gone. If we hired Jay and replaced the o-line coach I'd be happy with that.

Gotta replace Haslett too. He's turned these LBs into worse garbage than they were before he came in.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 02:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In Gruden's last season (2013), we were 8th in the league in rush attempts and 12th in pass attempts.

I want to be 1st in the league in rushing attempts and 32nd in pass attempts!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 02:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Gotta replace Haslett too. He's turned these LBs into worse garbage than they were before he came in.

Matt Patricia

or Brian Kelly
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 08:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Don't forget about the Deuce. Ninja

[Image: DIRCGrZVwAAjPCr.jpg]

Theres a Non Fat gruden variety?   HELL YES  

just give the job to him. all the jobs.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 02:23 PM)cooper Wrote: Matt Patricia

or Brian Kelly

I don't see the connection to my post about Haslett?
Patricia or Kelly would come in as a head coach, not a LB coach.
A HC doesn't really spend much time actually coaching a certain position but is more like a director.
Case in point - Marvin Lewis was a LB coach for many years yet the LBs on his team since being a HC have been some of the worst.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

New HC and improved drafts will right the ship in 2-3 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 02:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Gotta replace Haslett too. He's turned these LBs into worse garbage than they were before he came in.

I couldn't tell you who is worse, Haslett or Coyle? Ever since Coyle took over the DBs again, they have been straight up dog crap!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 04:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I couldn't tell you who is worse, Haslett or Coyle? Ever since Coyle took over the DBs again, they have been straight up dog crap!

What I've always been irritated with Coyle is it seems turnovers are not emphasized. I thought Vance Joseph got more out of the DBs.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Of all the 'Bengal realistic' choices from current Bengal coaches to some unknown coordinator or college coach or to Hue, Jay would be my top choice easily.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 02:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I want to be 1st in the league in rushing attempts and 32nd in pass attempts!  Ninja

You mean a pre-1950s style offense? I'm all for that! Heck, even Rex Ryan almost won like that!

#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 04:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I couldn't tell you who is worse, Haslett or Coyle? Ever since Coyle took over the DBs again, they have been straight up dog crap!

I'm with you on Coyle.. He sucks...   

Haslett hard to tell... When burfict was in game LBers were great...  but theres no one near his level to step in when he goes down or out for a few plays.
Reply/Quote

Agreed. I didn't like the Haslett hire in the first place. Just a retread that keeps getting jobs despite all the failures.

(12-20-2017, 02:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I want to be 1st in the league in rushing attempts and 32nd in pass attempts!  Ninja

Well in that case, Jay isn't your guy. You should hope we hire a pee-wee coach.

(12-20-2017, 03:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: New HC and improved drafts will right the ship in 2-3 years.

The right coach could turn it around immediately. There's a mountain of examples of that happening.

I don't think Jay is THAT good though. He'd need more talent to right the ship.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Lol Deuce Gruden looks like such a bro.

Kinda reminds me of Lakers fan gif guy:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 06:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: http://www.profootballweekly.com/lists/2017/12/19/c3f38b56a9ff476fb417c56c9a810771/index.xml?page=1

'A source is telling Pro Football Weekly that in spite of Marvin Lewis' denials of the report he'll be leaving the Bengals coaching job after the season, Bengals owner Mike Brown and company have been aware of the situation for weeks now and — contrary to other reports that have Brown possibly targeting Browns head coach Hue Jackson — we hear the guy he'd love to bring back is Gruden.

Our sources are telling us that even if Gruden isn't let go, the Bengals think highly enough of him that they might consider approaching Washington about a deal. Right now the Bengals are in wait-and-watch mode to see what Snyder's next move will be.'

Much better than Hue and he has done a pretty good job in Washington considering what he has had to deal with.

Offensive minded coach which right off the bat would be an improvement over Marvin. Our Defense has lots of good
players i just hope if we bring in Jay he can pick his own coaches. No more sabotaging, if he can pick his own atleast
we can judge him fairly.

All for Jay Gruden if we cannot get Bill O'Brien or Russ Grimm.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, the secondary has been sketchy at best.  It had seemed as if Coyle had everyone on the same page, the back half of 2016, but this year has been bad.

Which is odd, because when Miami poached him to be their DC, most fans on the board had a favorable opinion of his coaching in the secondary.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote