Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progressive media trying to normalize pedophilia
(09-24-2015, 08:47 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I understand the point your trying to make . But the difference between adult rape and child rape.   Is that an adult has the ability to defend themselves.   Children do not, it's shooting fish in a barrel for these perverts.  At least an adult has the ability to see if there is trouble coming and can physically defend themselves.  

Your comparisons are apples to oranges imo

I have to ask....
What do you propose be done with this person ?
(09-24-2015, 10:45 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I have to ask....
What do you propose be done with this person ?

The guy who wrote the story? Nothing if he hasn't broken any laws. But putting it all out there that he has these urges. (Not Smart) I am sure the people around him know. Without a doubt I check for sex offenders in any area i look to live. And if this guy was in my neighborhood, I would confront him, notify my neighbors, and sell my home. I'm not going to take any chance that my children are around when this guy's urges are no longer fulfilled by the internet. No house is worth that potential cost.

Btw before anyone jumps in with my confrontation being physical. I would let him know that I know he has this sickness, that I will be notifying my neighbors to his desires, and to please stay away from my house.
(09-24-2015, 08:47 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I understand the point your trying to make . But the difference between adult rape and child rape. Is that an adult has the ability to defend themselves. Children do not, it's shooting fish in a barrel for these perverts. At least an adult has the ability to see if there is trouble coming and can physically defend themselves.

Your comparisons are apples to oranges imo

That really doesn't refute what I said. It really just seems like you are trying to justify victim blaming when it is an adult that is raped.

People have urges. If someone can control those urges and not sexually assault someone then we should not judge them guilty of something they have not done. If they do sexually assault someone, be it a child, an adult, whatever, then they should be tried and punished. But we should not police people because of their thoughts, and we should never victim blame. Being a part of society means controlling yourself.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-24-2015, 12:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That really doesn't refute what I said. It really just seems like you are trying to justify victim blaming when it is an adult that is raped.

People have urges. If someone can control those urges and not sexually assault someone then we should not judge them guilty of something they have not done. If they do sexually assault someone, be it a child, an adult, whatever, then they should be tried and punished. But we should not police people because of their thoughts, and we should never victim blame. Being a part of society means controlling yourself.

I didn't say arrest him.   But if he is volunteering this information then it's fair play to spread it around the neighborhood and warn others that he has these issues.   We must protect children.   but a community approach vs a police approach is what I would advocate until he breaks the law.   Then his neighbors can make their own decisions on how they will proceed.

And on his "urges" are we as parents supposed to be ok if he is out perving on kids, since he hasn't acted on his urges? Remember he offerred this information.
(09-24-2015, 12:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I didn't say arrest him.   But if he is volunteering this information then it's fair play to spread it around the neighborhood and warn others that he has these issues.   We must protect children.   but a community approach vs a police approach is what I would advocate until he breaks the law.   Then his neighbors can make their own decisions on how they will proceed.

In what way? He is free to do whatever as long as it is not breaking the law, so it would be difficult to do anything about it other than just adjusting your own behaviors and routines.

(09-24-2015, 12:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And on his "urges" are we as parents supposed to be ok if he is out perving on kids, since he hasn't acted on his urges? Remember he offerred this information.

It's repulsive to think of someone being sexually attracted to children in most of our minds, I get that. Children are innocent in all of this and as a society we are conditioned to not sexualize them. I mean, in German, the word for a young girl is das Mädchen. The das definitive is reserved for neuter nouns, meaning no gender attached to it. In context, die Frau is women. The die definitive points to the feminine noun. So this is engrained so much in our culture that it is exhibited in some of our languages. So it is understandable that this takes on a whole other level. I just don't see cause to have the mindset that it is just a ticking time bomb.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-24-2015, 01:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In what way? He is free to do whatever as long as it is not breaking the law, so it would be difficult to do anything about it other than just adjusting your own behaviors and routines.

It's repulsive to think of someone being sexually attracted to children in most of our minds, I get that. Children are innocent in all of this and as a society we are conditioned to not sexualize them. I mean, in German, the word for a young girl is das Mädchen. The das definitive is reserved for neuter nouns, meaning no gender attached to it. In context, die Frau is women. The die definitive points to the feminine noun. So this is engrained so much in our culture that it is exhibited in some of our languages. So it is understandable that this takes on a whole other level. I just don't see cause to have the mindset that it is just a ticking time bomb.

1. Yes he is free to do as he wishes and his neogjbors are also free to do as they wish and whether to socialize anywhere near him.   I would most certainly want to know of this guy was in my neighborhood.  

2. Are parents and adults not supposed to protect children?  This is basic Mother Nature laws here.   It's instinct to protect the ones who can't defend themsleves from predators .   This guy acknowledging he has the hots for 7 year olds puts everyone around him on notice when kids are around.   Is he a threat to adults?  No.   He admits he prefers the ones who can't fight back and are easily manipulated.  

You may be ok with him as your neighbor.  Can't remember if you have kids or not but if you do then that's your choice to put them that close to the wolfs den.   I don't know any parent who would take that chance.   Obviously there are some here who would I guess.
(09-24-2015, 01:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. Yes he is free to do as he wishes and his neogjbors are also free to do as they wish and whether to socialize anywhere near him.   I would most certainly want to know of this guy was in my neighborhood.  

2. Are parents and adults not supposed to protect children?  This is basic Mother Nature laws here.   It's instinct to protect the ones who can't defend themsleves from predators .   This guy acknowledging he has the hots for 7 year olds puts everyone around him on notice when kids are around.   Is he a threat to adults?  No.   He admits he prefers the ones who can't fight back and are easily manipulated.  

You may be ok with him as your neighbor.  Can't remember if you have kids or not but if you do then that's your choice to put them that close to the wolfs den.   I don't know any parent who would take that chance.   Obviously there are some here who would I guess.

There is an actual, registered sex-offender who live down the road from us.  We've seen her name on the web site where you can check.

She's not some we normally socialized with anyway so no problem avoiding her and no one had ever been seen staring at the kids playing in the yard.

Pretty simple to avoid them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-24-2015, 01:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. Yes he is free to do as he wishes and his neogjbors are also free to do as they wish and whether to socialize anywhere near him.   I would most certainly want to know of this guy was in my neighborhood.  

I think you're missing an obvious point here. Listen, I think people that are attracted to children are just as ****** up as you do, especially since I have children of my own. That's not the point though, and people keep trying to explain that.

The issue is, it really doesn't make sense that they're a ticking time bomb whatsoever. I'm not sure why your mind is automatically jumping to sexual assault when you hear that somebody is attracted to someone/something that you (and I as well) deem "not normal".

Most people in my neighborhood are attracted to white women. I prefer black women. That could be extremely common knowledge, yet I highly doubt any black families are going to stop themselves from moving in down the street in fear of me tackling them in their driveway to sexually assault them. I'm not a rapist, I have a total of zero felonies on my record, and I've done nothing to suggest that I would rape a black woman outside of it being known that I'm attracted to black women (which obviously doesn't suggest that at all). I could completely understand people freaking out if I ran down the street screaming "I'VE NEVER SEEN A BLACK WOMAN THAT I HAVEN'T WANTED TO RAPE, MMMMMMMM YEAH WHERE YA AT LADIES?!?". As it stands, just the fact that you're attracted to someone or something doesn't mean that you're going to break law to assault them.

I do understand where you're coming from in a sense (feels weird saying that), but you're completely missing the entire point of this. I know, I know, kids can't defend themselves and whatnot, but it doesn't change the fact that these people with the "sick" thoughts in their head aren't just running around trying to bang your kids or anyone elses for that matter.
(09-24-2015, 01:59 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I think you're missing an obvious point here. Listen, I think people that are attracted to children are just as ***** up as you do, especially since I have children of my own. That's not the point though, and people keep trying to explain that.

The issue is, it really doesn't make sense that they're a ticking time bomb whatsoever. I'm not sure why your mind is automatically jumping to sexual assault when you hear that somebody is attracted to someone/something that you (and I as well) deem "not normal".

Most people in my neighborhood are attracted to white women. I prefer black women. That could be extremely common knowledge, yet I highly doubt any black families are going to stop themselves from moving in down the street in fear of me tackling them in their driveway to sexually assault them. I'm not a rapist, I have a total of zero felonies on my record, and I've done nothing to suggest that I would rape a black woman outside of it being known that I'm attracted to black women (which obviously doesn't suggest that at all). I could completely understand people freaking out if I ran down the street screaming "I'VE NEVER SEEN A BLACK WOMAN THAT I HAVEN'T WANTED TO RAPE, MMMMMMMM YEAH WHERE YA AT LADIES?!?". As it stands, just the fact that you're attracted to someone or something doesn't mean that you're going to break law to assault them.

I do understand where you're coming from in a sense (feels weird saying that), but you're completely missing the entire point of this. I know, I know, kids can't defend themselves and whatnot, but it doesn't change the fact that these people with the "sick" thoughts in their head aren't just running around trying to bang your kids or anyone elses for that matter.

Yeah I understand what your saying. But of this guy is feeling comfortable talking about these urges openly then he has taken the next step closer to making them a reality.

Someone who is a killer has to take steps to get there. Or a drug user, or anything. There are thresholds you have cross on your way to the end. It's disturbing that he goes public. That he is that confident. Then gets upset when people put him on notice for the exact urges he desires.

The raping adults justification on this is just off.

And your love of black women isn't a big deal since you like black adult women. Now I bet the neighborhood would respond differently if you put out there that you prefer 7 year old black girls. Whether you acted on this or not, you would be treated differently. The other families in that neoghborhood have a right to know of there is a potential predator who has become so comfortable and confident that they can shout their love for 7 year olds on a national media source.
(09-24-2015, 01:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: There is an actual, registered sex-offender who live down the road from us.  We've seen her name on the web site where you can check.

She's not some we normally socialized with anyway so no problem avoiding her and no one had ever been seen staring at the kids playing in the yard.

Pretty simple to avoid them.

Yeah I check ours as well. Glad to see we have something else In common. Soon you will be going to tea party meetings with me. Haha

Yeah it is easy to avoid them but to see them ooze out of the shadows is a disturbing development. That's my biggest beef .
(09-24-2015, 03:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I understand what your saying.   But of this guy is feeling comfortable talking about these urges openly then he has taken the next step closer to making them a reality.    

Someone who is a killer has to take steps to get there.   Or a drug user, or anything.   There are thresholds you have cross on your way to the end.    It's disturbing that he goes public.   That he is that confident.    Then gets upset when people put him on notice for the exact urges he desires.  

The raping adults justification on this is just off.  

And your love of black women isn't a big deal since you like black adult women.   Now I bet the neighborhood would respond differently if you put out there that you prefer 7 year old black girls.  Whether you acted on this or not, you would be treated differently.   The other families in that neoghborhood have a right to know of there is a potential predator who has become so comfortable and confident that they can shout their love for 7 year olds on a national media source.

This conversation is tough for me to have because I don't want it to sound like I'm defending these people at all, and I'm pretty sure I agree with your thoughts of this type of person as well.

The part that I can't get over is that you say they're potential predators, when I can't help but think that if I said that, it would make just about as much sense as saying that I'm a potential predator for being attracted to women. I agree with a lot of your thoughts on this sort of stuff because I'm very much so for protection of children and whatnot, but the wording is throwing me off I guess.

We're just assuming that everybody that's screwed up enough to be attracted to kids IS going to rape kids, and I can't go that far even though I'm not a fan of these people either.
(09-24-2015, 03:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I check ours as well.   Glad to see we have something else In common.   Soon you will be going to tea party meetings with me.  Haha

Yeah it is easy to avoid them but to see them ooze out of the shadows is a disturbing development.   That's my biggest beef .

No...I hate tea.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-24-2015, 03:45 PM)djs7685 Wrote: This conversation is tough for me to have because I don't want it to sound like I'm defending these people at all, and I'm pretty sure I agree with your thoughts of this type of person as well.

The part that I can't get over is that you say they're potential predators, when I can't help but think that if I said that, it would make just about as much sense as saying that I'm a potential predator for being attracted to women. I agree with a lot of your thoughts on this sort of stuff because I'm very much so for protection of children and whatnot, but the wording is throwing me off I guess.

We're just assuming that everybody that's screwed up enough to be attracted to kids IS going to rape kids, and I can't go that far even though I'm not a fan of these people either.

Yes I think we are on the same page . Lemme compare it and show you my thought process.

Kid grows up drawing pictures of killings and violence. Then moves to torturing animals, then moves to openly talking about how they have urges to hurt things . Then finally kill. ....

There's a mapping of behavior that leads to the end. Now is it guarunteed they kill/rape. Not at all. But if you see the markers then you make a note they are potentially an issue . This guy has gotten so comfortable that he is willing to admit in a national media that he likes 7 yr old girls. Then goes into detail to the point that it's creepy. He has gotten closer to the end. He is making it more real each step he takes.

Btw not saying he is a killer. Just using that example because it's more well known. When I brought up the steps of a pedo, some here didn't seem to understand .
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/21/heres-why-the-progressive-left-keeps-sticking-up-for-pedophiles/

Interesting history on this.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/09/22/salons-virtuous-pedophile-not-virtuous/

And more on this guy.

Quote:There’s a problem though. Nickerson was part of a community that was run by “monsters” for years. He supported it by his presence and with his voice. Now he wants to be praised for leaving? Read it again. He is literally saying that not being a child rapist deserves special commendation. This is the ultimate participation trophy; anyone who is not an immoral monster gets one.

Quote:But Nickerson doesn’t seem to grasp that virtue is more than not being a monster. Whether he personally did anything or not, Nickerson was on the wrong side of the line for years. He was part of a group with people who possibly acted on their pro-molestation beliefs. And some of them possibly mentioned it over the years.

If he really wants to be a hero, Nickerson should start by outing his former “pro-contact” friends to the police. If he wants to use his “pedo powers” for good, he should be infiltrating sites like the one he was part of using his background to prevent crimes against children which are still in the formative stages. Is it possible that someone with a pedophile’s monstrous inclinations could do more good than harm? Maybe, but based on his own self-report Todd, Nickerson isn’t nearly there yet.
I think it is possible to deal with a guy like this without going overboard. If I lived next to him I would make sure all the neighbors new about his urges. I would also make sure he was not alone with my kids.

Since I have already taught my kids how to respond to inappropriate adult behavior I would not have to do any thing extra with them.

I also probably would not invite him to any of my private parties. But other than that i would not treat him like a pariah. I would speak to him and treat him kindly when I saw him. If he needed help I would assist him. But I would always treat him differently in my mind.
(09-24-2015, 07:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes I think we are on the same page . Lemme compare it and show you my thought process.  

Kid grows up drawing pictures of killings and violence.   Then moves to torturing animals, then moves to openly talking about how they have urges to hurt things .  Then finally kill.    ....

There's a mapping of behavior that leads to the end.    Now is it guarunteed they kill/rape. Not at all.  But if you see the markers then you make a note they are potentially an issue .    This guy has gotten so comfortable that he is willing to admit in a national media that he likes 7 yr old girls.   Then goes into detail to the point that it's creepy.   He has gotten closer to the end.  He is making it more real each step he takes.  

Btw not saying he is a killer.  Just using that example because it's more well known.   When I brought up the steps of a pedo, some here didn't seem to understand .

Not saying it was the case, but maybe the guy put this out there so others would be watching, and catch him if he were to give in to his urges ?
Of course, this could also be the beginning of promoting a book deal or something, too.
You never know about people, anymore.
(09-27-2015, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think it is possible to deal with a guy like this without going overboard.  If I lived next to him I would make sure all the neighbors new about his urges.  I would also make sure he was not alone with my kids.  

Since I have already taught my kids how to respond to inappropriate adult behavior I would not have to do any thing extra with them.

I also probably would not invite him to any of my private parties.  But other than that i would not treat him like a pariah.  I would speak to him and treat him kindly when I saw him.  If he needed help I would assist him.  But I would always treat him differently in my mind.

Exactly how I feel as well Fred
(09-27-2015, 07:40 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Not saying it was the case, but maybe the guy put this out there so others would be watching, and catch him if he were to give in to his urges ?
Of course, this could also be the beginning of promoting a book deal or something, too.
You never know about people, anymore.

Possibly.   Not sure the market for a book about a pedo.... Maybe dreams of that 7 year old girl ...
(09-27-2015, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think it is possible to deal with a guy like this without going overboard.  If I lived next to him I would make sure all the neighbors new about his urges.  I would also make sure he was not alone with my kids.  

I also probably would not invite him to any of my private parties.  But other than that i would not treat him like a pariah.  I would speak to him and treat him kindly when I saw him.  If he needed help I would assist him.  But I would always treat him differently in my mind.

Meh, what can you do?  No matter where you move there is going to be someone who wants to sleep with your wife, maybe sleep with your children, and there are probably a number of people who own guns and have mental issues and/or criminal records.  That's why I live in the center of the earth!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]