Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed KO rules....
The NFL,coaches are proposing some new rules to make the KO safer for players. (You can read it at the home page) The kicking team does not get a running head start anymore and the receiving team cannot move, till the ball is kicked. So does this eliminate the onside kick? Pretty soon I could almost see the elimination of it and give the ball at 25...
Reply/Quote
Terrible. They are killing the game. All started with these bogus concussion lawsuits.
Reply/Quote
IF they eliminate the KO completely, that just might drive me to completely stop watching the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 01:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The NFL,coaches are proposing some new rules to make the KO safer for players. (You can read it at the home page) The kicking team does not get a running head start anymore and the receiving team cannot move, till the ball is kicked. So does this eliminate the onside kick? Pretty soon I could almost see the elimination of it and give the ball at 25...

They should just leave the rules the way they are but have all of the players wear those blow up Sumo Suits during kickoffs. That would slow all of them down enough to limit concussions and be must watch TV.

Guys belly blocking each other. Some having trouble running in the direction they are trying to run. Others stuck laying on their backs etc.

Would be like the old electric Football game where the field vibrates moving the players who go in circles or fall over.

Could increase TV ratings...
Reply/Quote
It looks a lot more like a punt. Just go all the way and make it just like a punt. Lines of scrimmage and snapping to a punter., from the 40?
Reply/Quote
So stupid. There are like 100 plays during a football game and on each play a player has the chance of getting a concussion. I just dont see how messing with the kickoff is going to reduce concussions THAT much.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Rules change over time. Sometimes they try a rule change and it doesn't work out .Sometimes it does , but they're not changing rules enough to drive millions of fans away the way some people are predicting. 
If you come out and say you're never going to watch football ever again the league isn't going to roll over in the fetal position and not institute rule changes based on your dislike of said changes. If anything people in the  league offices are probably having a good laugh at the assertions that the changes are ruining the game forever... It's not and the league will go on without you..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In 2 years time, kickoffs will be a thing of the past.

Get your fill while you can, folks; football is dying. Hope nobody is holding their breath on Goodell doing anything worthwhile to save it Whatever
Reply/Quote
This sucks, plain and simple. This is one of the biggest momentum shifters in the game. A lot of things can happen. Don't destroy this.

Reply/Quote
Pretty soon tacklin will be a thing of the past. A guy will catch the ball, and they'll stop the play and let a guy in NY determine where the tackle would have occurred at using a physics formula.
Reply/Quote
The most exciting play of the game just had it's nuts clipped.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It will affect roster composition too eventually.
Reply/Quote
Kickoffs should be punts anyway. Safer and more exciting than kickoffs.
Reply/Quote
They are slowly but surely destroying the game.

The world is not a safe place, never will be.

Pretty soon playgrounds will be outlawed for kids, to dangerous.
Reply/Quote
Important information presented here.

Football Kickoffs Have Highest Risk of Severe Injuries

Quote:According to the study conducted by researchers from the Center for Injury Research and Policy at The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 02:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It looks a lot more like a punt. Just go all the way and make it just like a punt. Lines of scrimmage and snapping to a punter., from the 40?

This.

You still get the excitement of a return, but you don't have entire teams running full speed at each other.

Get the ball like a 4th and ten at your own 35.  Instead of an onside kick you can attempt to make the first down.

I will miss kick offs if they eliminate them, but there is no way in hell I am going to watch any less football because of it.  People who cry about how the kick off is so crucial to the game could not name what players line up where on the coverage or return teams. They just got ot get their drama on.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 09:50 PM)Shady Wrote: Important information presented here.

Football Kickoffs Have Highest Risk of Severe Injuries

You mean the only play where entire teams run at each other full speed with a thirty yard head of steam?

That play has the highest risk of severe injuries?

Let me just correct something here

"According to the study conducted by researchers from the Center for Injury Research and BEING A PUSSSY at The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio"
Reply/Quote
Just make it two hand touch already lol
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 02:37 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: In 2 years time, kickoffs will be a thing of the past.

Get your fill while you can, folks; football is dying. Hope nobody is holding their breath on Goodell doing anything worthwhile to save it Whatever

So........With our luck we will have the next Hester on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 10:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean the only play where entire teams run at each other full speed with a thirty yard head of steam?

That play has the highest risk of severe injuries?

Let me just correct something here

"According to the study conducted by researchers from the Center for Injury Research and BEING A PUSSSY at The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio"

LOL

It won't be long before the game is banned. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote