Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospects The Bengals Met With
Usually there's always a thread like this every year, so figured I'd start one this year.
If there are any other meetings/interviews I'll update the list.

Corey Coleman, WR. Baylor. - Combine/Meeting
Miles Killebrew, S. Southern Utah. - Combine
Jay Lee, WR. Baylor. - Senior Bowl
Clayton Fejedelem, FS. Illinois. - East-West
David Onyemata, DT. Manitoba. - East-West
Mackenzie Alexander, CB. Clemson. - Combine
Quentin Gause, OLB. Rutgers. - Pro Day
Stephane Nembot, OT. Colorado. - Pro Day
Zeth Ramsay, OT. Mesa State. - Pro Day
Zack Sanchez, CB. Oklahoma. - Pro Day
Lars Hanson, OT. Sacramento State. - Pro Day
Tyler Ervin, RB/KR. San Jose State. - Pro Day
Willie Henry, DT. Michigan. - Pro Day
Su'a Cravens, LB/S. USC. - Combine
Laquon Treadwell, WR. Ole Miss. - Meeting/Private/Workout
Josh Docston, WR. TCU - Meeting/Combine
Evan Boehm, C. Missouri - Workout
Connor McGovern, G. Missouri - Workout
Leviticus Payne, SS. Cincinnati - Local visit
John Weidenaar, OT. Montana State - Workout
Vernon Butler, DT. Louisiana Tech - Workout/Private
Darron Lee, OLB. OSU - Combine
Joshua Perry, ILB. OSU - Combine
Javon Hargrave, DT. South Carolina State - Pro Day
Jacob Russell, QB. Campbellsville University - Meeting
Kamalei Correa, LB. Boise State - Workout
Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB. Minnesota - Pro Day
Daniel Braverman, WR. Western Michigan - Private Meeting
Sean Davis, FS/CB. Maryland - Meeting
Kavon Frazier, FS. Central Michigan - Pro Day
Emmanuel Ogbah, DE. Oklahoma State - Private Meeting
Adolphus Washington, DT. Ohio State - Private Meeting
Kevin Byrad, S. Middle Tennessee - Private Meeting
Daniel Braverman, WR. Western Michigan - Private Meeting
Geroge Fant, TE. Western Kentucky - Workout
William Jackson III, CB. Houston - Private Meeting
Karl Joseph, S. West Virginia - Private Meeting
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
The Killebrew meeting is interesting. He'd be one of those LB/S that's becoming popular in the league.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 06:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Killebrew meeting is interesting. He'd be one of those LB/S that's becoming popular in the league.

Yep. Could be an indication that the Bengals are wanting to move on from Lamur going forward.

Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 10:40 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yep. Could be an indication that the Bengals are wanting to move on from Lamur going forward.

They need to.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 06:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Killebrew meeting is interesting. He'd be one of those LB/S that's becoming popular in the league.

(02-29-2016, 10:40 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yep. Could be an indication that the Bengals are wanting to move on from Lamur going forward.

(03-01-2016, 12:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: They need to.....

For sure, Lamur has been terrible. Need a major upgrade there and i think Killebrew would be just the player.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 04:40 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Usually there's always a thread like this every year, so figured I'd start one this year.
If there are any other meetings/interviews I'll update the list.

Corey Coleman, WR. Baylor. - Combine
Miles Killebrew, S. Southern Utah. - Combine
Jay Lee, WR. Baylor. - Senior Bowl
Clayton Fejedelem, FS. Illinois. - East-West
David Onyemata, DT. Manitoba. - East-West

Kind of projects the emphasis the Bengals may be considering.   I think DB and WR are their primary concerns with less of a focus on DL - which would be a shame in my opinion.
Reply/Quote

Lamur. Another one of our over-hyped undrafted gems.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 02:35 PM)3wt Wrote: Kind of projects the emphasis the Bengals may be considering.   I think DB and WR are their primary concerns with less of a focus on DL - which would be a shame in my opinion.

There is a DT on the list, not one of my top fellas but hey man, don't make me depressed. Sad
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 08:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is a DT on the list, not one of my top fellas but hey man, don't make me depressed. Sad

He is another Margus Hunt-type story. Came to U of Manitoba from Nigeria. He'd never played football until then. 

350 lbs though? And reasonably athletic? Why do I hear giggles coming from PBS?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

So is that kid, Fedejedelum...who I shall henceforth refer to as Fej.  That guy was all over the field for Illinois.  They had no offense to speak of, but their defense kept them in some games.  He is a very instinctive, rangy player.  Won't get a lot of publicity because of the team he is coming from, but surrounded by better talent I think this guy would have been a very well-known individual. 
Reply/Quote
I am more interested when we start finding out who is visiting. We seem to draft or bring in a lot of players that we bring in for workouts or private visits.

Out of around 30 some visits that were reported they ended up drafting ..
Cedric Ogbuehi - Visit
Jake Fisher - Visit
Paul Dawson - Visit
Marcus Hardison - Visit
Josh Shaw - Visit
Derron Smith - Visit

and then they also signed as UDFA two others...
Jake Kumerow (Workout)
Terrell Watson (Workout)
Tom Obarski (Workout)
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping Onyemata is a developmental pick. Or a typo.

One of the best DT classes (as far as grades go) in years, if we wait until the fourth or fifth and pick up Margus Hunt 2.0, I'll spend the rest of the draft out in my driveway eating gravel.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 03:19 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I am more interested when we start finding out who is visiting. We seem to draft or bring in a lot of players that we bring in for workouts or private visits.

Out of around 30 some visits that were reported they ended up drafting ..
Cedric Ogbuehi - Visit
Jake Fisher - Visit
Paul Dawson - Visit
Marcus Hardison - Visit
Josh Shaw - Visit
Derron Smith - Visit

and then they also signed as UDFA two others...
Jake Kumerow (Workout)
Terrell Watson (Workout)
Tom Obarski (Workout)

Even in 2014 they had private visits with Dennard and Hill

(03-02-2016, 03:40 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm hoping Onyemata is a developmental pick. Or a typo.

One of the best DT classes (as far as grades go) in years, if we wait until the fourth or fifth and pick up Margus Hunt 2.0, I'll spend the rest of the draft out in my driveway eating gravel.

I think they'll start visiting/meeting with players. They don't seem to really let their hands be known early on. They show more interest as time goes on.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 09:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So is that kid, Fedejedelum...who I shall henceforth refer to as Fej.  That guy was all over the field for Illinois.  They had no offense to speak of, but their defense kept them in some games.  He is a very instinctive, rangy player.  Won't get a lot of publicity because of the team he is coming from, but surrounded by better talent I think this guy would have been a very well-known individual. 

The problem with Fejedelem is that he's ranked as a 6th round prospect. Obviously there's still time for his stock to rise, at least in scouts eyes, but could we see him rise enough that we could consider him our 4th safety?
Reply/Quote
Apparently they met with Mackenzie Alexander from Clemson as well..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 03:40 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm hoping Onyemata is a developmental pick. Or a typo.

I'm with you.  I've already started snacking to acclimate myself.  I understand the need to reload the high priced guys, but we're pretty close to having a dominant team.  We struggled to run the ball, cover running backs & TES and stop the run last year.  We need to find a way to solve at least two of those three problems if we plan to get to the top.

Hopefully they're just doing their due diligence...
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 08:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is a DT on the list, not one of my top fellas but hey man, don't make me depressed. Sad

Sorry bro.   I'm trying to keep my head in the sand, really I am.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 05:13 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The problem with Fejedelem is that he's ranked as a 6th round prospect. Obviously there's still time for his stock to rise, at least in scouts eyes, but could we see him rise enough that we could consider him our 4th safety?

Why not?  We got Iloka in the 5th round and he is a very good talent they developed.  It seems if you aren't elite fast as a safety, they don't get drafted very high.  If you watch Fej, he would be making tackles on consecutive plays (and solo tackles at that) in completely different ends of the field.  The guy just has outstanding football IQ.  

Obviously, there are more pressing needs than our 4th safety (WR, DE, DT) but if he is available in round 5, I could see the Bengals making a run at him.  
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 07:51 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Apparently they met with Mackenzie Alexander from Clemson as well..

3 quality corners is nice to have. Pickman is getting older and we could get out bid. Dennard hasnt shown anything.  Hall could retire. Kirk as a #1 CB is questionable. From what ive seen which isnt much. I would take Mackensie all day at 24 if he is there.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 04:17 AM)Shady Wrote: He is another Margus Hunt-type story. Came to U of Manitoba from Nigeria. He'd never played football until then. 

350 lbs though? And reasonably athletic? Why do I hear giggles coming from PBS?

Say it aint so...

(03-02-2016, 08:57 PM)3wt Wrote: Sorry bro.   I'm trying to keep my head in the sand, really I am.

Man it would just suck not to get a decent DT out of this extremely deep class.

Would be a major screw up IMHO.
Reply/Quote