Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Proud Boys
(12-18-2020, 05:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The sinful "choice" of the old days...classic!  Good catch.

Yep, many look at being Left Handed as a "sin".  Back in elementary school, they tried to make me write with my Right hand.  My father, also Left handed, went into the office and raised holy hell over that one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 06:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, many look at being Left Handed as a "sin".  Back in elementary school, they tried to make me write with my Right hand.  My father, also Left handed, went into the office and raised holy hell over that one.

I recall my grandfather who was born in 1918 telling me how being left handed was some big deal when he was a kid.  I recall thinking people in them good ol' days must have been pretty stupid.  Being left-handed you just sort of use your right hand for all sorts of stuff anyways.  Any instruments I play I play right handed, I've never shot a left handed gun if they even exist, and it's possible I suck at bowling/pool/basketball because I do them right handed for no logical reason.

I also have a friend my age who was converted by one of his grandmothers.  Not sure why his parents let that happen, but meh, everyone has to get all bent out of shape over something other people are doing that has no impact upon his or her life.

Anyways, back to the Shameful Boys.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 10:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I recall my grandfather who was born in 1918 telling me how being left handed was some big deal when he was a kid.  I recall thinking people in them good ol' days must have been pretty stupid.  Being left-handed you just sort of use your right hand for all sorts of stuff anyways.  Any instruments I play I play right handed, I've never shot a left handed gun if they even exist, and it's possible I suck at bowling/pool/basketball because I do them right handed for no logical reason.

I also have a friend my age who was converted by one of his grandmothers.  Not sure why his parents let that happen, but meh, everyone has to get all bent out of shape over something other people are doing that has no impact upon his or her life.

Anyways, back to the Shameful Boys.

It is weird like that.  I eat, write, throw darts, shoot a pistol Left handed, but I overhand throw, shoot a basketball, shoot pool, kick a ball, and wipe my ass with my Right hand..  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 11:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It is weird like that.  I eat, write, throw darts, shoot a pistol Left handed, but I overhand throw, shoot a basketball, shoot pool, kick a ball, and wipe my ass with my Right hand..  Mellow

I write right, bat right and kick right...but I throw left.  (and wipe right.  Ninja)

I used to be able to throw left and right but I hurt my shoulder really bad in high school and with no insurance it just had to "heal"...lol.

I have pictures of me as a toddler throwing right and every assumed I'd be right handed, but my grandfather was a lefty too.

Oh and Terry Bradshaw writes left and throws right.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
So...who could have imagined?

Maybe not proud boys...definitely boys who are proud of their right wing extremism.  Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 10:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: So...who could have imagined?

Maybe not proud boys...definitely boys who are proud of their right wing extremism.  Mellow

Yeah, just like the people who try and firebomb a courthouse or a police station, remember how heavy handed the Oregon authorities were with them?

Your inconsistency is certainly consistent
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:26 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, just like the people who try and firebomb a courthouse or a police station, remember how heavy handed the Oregon authorities were with them?

Your inconsistency is certainly consistent

Or tearing BLM signs down off of churches.

"Your inconsistency is certainly consistent"
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: Or tearing BLM signs down off of churches.

You've consistently defended or ignored acts of vandalism committed by those you support, why is this any different?

Quote:"Your inconsistency is certainly consistent"

Deflection is a sad character trait.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:31 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You've consistently defended or ignored acts of vandalism committed by those you support, why is this any different?

So Proud boys are justified?  BLM protesting against a legit issue.  Trump supporters are protesting...election results?  Come on man.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:34 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So Proud boys are justified?  BLM protesting against a legit issue.  Trump supporters are protesting...election results?  Come on man.  

I don't think property destruction and lawlessness is acceptable in either case.  Other people here will excuse it if they agree with the cause.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think property destruction and lawlessness is acceptable in either case.  Other people here will excuse it if they agree with the cause.

True.  But acceptable or not.  I don't think the BLM group had plans to kidnap a Governor.  Trump has his "followers" whipped into a violent frenzy, he could have stopped it.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 01:30 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: True.  But acceptable or not.  I don't think the BLM group had plans to kidnap a Governor.

Neither did the Proud Boys if we're applying the same logic.

Quote: Trump has his "followers" whipped into a violent frenzy, he could have stopped it.

Could a Dem leader stop the Portland riots?  While I certainly get your point about Trump's refusal to condemn, and his encouragement, I like to apply the same standards to behaviors regardless of the political leanings of those engaging in them.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 04:01 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Neither did the Proud Boys if we're applying the same logic.

Could a Dem leader stop the Portland riots?  While I certainly get your point about Trump's refusal to condemn, and his encouragement, I like to apply the same standards to behaviors regardless of the political leanings of those engaging in them.

Fair enough.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think property destruction and lawlessness is acceptable in either case.  Other people here will excuse it if they agree with the cause.

Who?

And cite your sources please...I understand we are back to everything must be 100% accurate to be in PnR.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: Who?

And cite your sources please...I understand we are back to everything must be 100% accurate to be in PnR.

Damn, who determines that?  Can we file a lawsuit?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 01:30 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: True.  But acceptable or not.  I don't think the BLM group had plans to kidnap a Governor.  Trump has his "followers" whipped into a violent frenzy, he could have stopped it.

SSF lumps all the protests in with "the left" but will segregate the right violence into individual groups to make the argument that that specific group isn't to blame.

TBF SSF works in law enforcement and he hates to see anyone get away with anything.  I get that.  But he also thinks "the left" supports and wants the violence when almost nobody has said that...especially on this page.  Meanwhile we can poo-poo Trump encouraging people to be violent to defend him.  It's odd.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:02 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Damn, who determines that?  Can we file a lawsuit?

Not sure.   Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: Who?

One need look no further than the thread I started about the Portland riots to see you minimizing the behavior or blowing off the idea that groups like Antifa propagate violence.

(12-22-2020, 10:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: SSF lumps all the protests in with "the left" but will segregate the right violence into individual groups to make the argument that that specific group isn't to blame.

TBF SSF works in law enforcement and he hates to see anyone get away with anything.  I get that.  But he also thinks "the left" supports and wants the violence when almost nobody has said that...especially on this page.  Meanwhile we can poo-poo Trump encouraging people to be violent to defend him.  It's odd.

You're actually getting close, but you're not there yet.  I despise double standards.  The "protests" this summer have been described by the media and others en masse as "largely peaceful", even when there are burning buildings in the background.  Meanwhile you have an "entirely peaceful" pro 2A rally in the VA capital that is lambasted by the same sources as "reactionary" and emboldening "white supremacists".

Check out this article on it from GQ;
https://www.gq.com/story/pro-gun-rally-threat

Top of the page, a bunch of AR's designed to make a swastika.  So the message is clear, pro Constitutional rights for a cause the left finds unpalatable makes you a racist reactionary.  Burning down buildings and looting stores because of your perception that the entire criminal justice system is inherently racist is fine though.  Daily riots in Portland must be defended or mitigated, people gathering peacefully and lawfully open carrying a firearm must be branded as evil.

The double standard is so glaringly obvious it honestly baffles me that i have to point it out to anyone.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: One need look no further than the thread I started about the Portland riots to see you minimizing the behavior or blowing off the idea that groups like Antifa propagate violence.

Provide a post where I supported violence or vandalism.  That's what you said:

Quote:I don't think property destruction and lawlessness is acceptable in either case.  Other people here will excuse it if they agree with the cause.

Any post.

Or you're lying.

You get another chance to show your work.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  Burning down buildings and looting stores because of your perception that the entire criminal justice system is inherently racist is fine though.  

Link.

(12-22-2020, 12:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   The double standard is so glaringly obvious it honestly baffles me that i have to point it out to anyone.

The fact that you make stuff up out of thin air is so glaringly obvious it honestly baffles me that I have to point it out to anyone.

Your entire argument is based on your own statements that are not true. Not one person here has said that burning and looting are fine.  And t prove my point you won't be able to come up with a single quote to back up your claim.
Reply/Quote