Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Proud Boys
(12-22-2020, 03:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Provide a post where I supported violence or vandalism.  That's what you said:

Any post.

Or you're lying.

You get another chance to show your work.

Oh, you don't support it, you excuse it.  You explain it away, you justify the "root cause" of it.  One need look no further than your responses in the Portland riots thread to see this.  You claim to decry the violence all the while minimizing it or mocking those who rightly call out Antifa as a violent extremist group.  Dude, we all get it, you claim to not like violence, but you sure as hell do a lot of defending of the people engaged in it.  It's almost like what you're saying isn't 100% true.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:26 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, just like the people who try and firebomb a courthouse or a police station, remember how heavy handed the Oregon authorities were with them?

Your inconsistency is certainly consistent

(12-22-2020, 12:31 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You've consistently defended or ignored acts of vandalism committed by those you support, why is this any different?
(12-22-2020, 12:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think property destruction and lawlessness is acceptable in either case.  Other people here will excuse it if they agree with the cause.

Mellow

(12-22-2020, 10:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: Who?

And cite your sources please...I understand we are back to everything must be 100% accurate to be in PnR.

(12-22-2020, 12:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: One need look no further than the thread I started about the Portland riots to see you minimizing the behavior or blowing off the idea that groups like Antifa propagate violence.

Mellow

(12-22-2020, 03:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Provide a post where I supported violence or vandalism.  That's what you said:

Any post.

Or you're lying.

You get another chance to show your work.

(12-22-2020, 04:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, you don't support it, you excuse it.  You explain it away, you justify the "root cause" of it.  One need look no further than your responses in the Portland riots thread to see this.  You claim to decry the violence all the while minimizing it or mocking those who rightly call out Antifa as a violent extremist group.  Dude, we all get it, you claim to not like violence, but you sure as hell do a lot of defending of the people engaged in it.  It's almost like what you're saying isn't 100% true.

Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ja55vsh6r6hgo9ri6a...=giphy.gif]

So, again...you can't show one post where *I* defended violence or vandalism. You can just try and change what you said since you can't justify it with actual facts.

(12-22-2020, 04:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  It's almost like what you're saying isn't 100% true.

And we're done here.

Stop.  Full stop.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 05:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Mellow

Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ja55vsh6r6hgo9ri6a...=giphy.gif]

So, again...you can't show one post where *I* defended violence or vandalism.  You can just try and change what you said since you can't justify it with actual facts.

And we're done here.

Stop.  Full stop.

All the emojis and dad tier gifs don't change your posting history.  You can change things now though, let everyone know that Antifa is just as bad as the Proud Boys.  Be the change you demand in others.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 07:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: All the emojis and dad tier gifs don't change your posting history.  You can change things now though, let everyone know that Antifa is just as bad as the Proud Boys.  Be the change you demand in others.

BS.  You accused me of defending violence.

Prove it or keep trying to spin out of it, I don't really care.

Don't come in here making requests of ME when YOU are the one lying about what I said.

Disgusting.

Last response to you because you're just never going to admit you are wrong.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: BS.  You accused me of defending violence.

Yes, you constantly mitigate violence by left leaning groups, this isn't a secret.

Quote:Prove it or keep trying to spin out of it, I don't really care.

This is rich coming from someone who is friends with Fred.

Quote:Don't come in here making requests of ME when YOU are the one lying about what I said.

Disgusting.

I'm not lying about anything.  But you can start proving me wrong be denouncing Antifa.  Your refusal to do so thus far is only proving my point.

Quote:Last response to you because you're just never going to admit you are wrong.

I'd have a choicer response in person, but female dog please.  You've gone way over the line in your attacks on me personally and my profession.  Don't try and flip the script and become the aggrieved party.  It's simple, just denounce Antifa as a violent organization and prove you're not a partisan shill when it comes to violence.  This shouldn't be difficult.
Reply/Quote
Give the blind support the Proud Boys have thrown behind Trump this seems appropriate.

[Image: 132367303_4192469624124790_5184058766518...e=6008EFD6]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to go on a limb. This is why (or better term who) has caused the huge rift between people in this country. This isn't debating, this is what Trump is doing to our country. And I fear he'll do more damage before they drag his ass out of the White House.

I know I don't usually frequent this sub forum, but it's sad to see what divides us all so deeply. I guess shit rolls downhill. We need to heal, not wound! I suppose someone will slam this post. Don't care. During these darkest of times in this country, we ALL need each other.

The man is EVIL.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 09:06 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm going to go on a limb.  This is why (or better term who) has caused the huge rift between people in this country.  This isn't debating, this is what Trump is doing to our country.  And I fear he'll do more damage before they drag his ass out of the White House.

I know I don't usually frequent this sub forum, but it's sad to see what divides us all so deeply.  I guess shit rolls downhill.  We need to heal, not wound!  I suppose someone will slam this post.  Don't care.  During these darkest of times in this country, we ALL need each other.

The man is EVIL.

It's because people get focused on their "side".  Doesn't matter what really happens or what the facts are the other side is "bad".  And if you dispute that YOU must be bad because you support what they "do" even if they didn't do anything or if you came out against what they did.

Secondly there are many, including some who are/were on this board, who think what Trump says doesn't matter.  No matter if he tells people to "take back their state" and then a right wing group is arrested for planning to kidnap the Gov...they are responsible because they listened to him.

Trump is a disaster who inspires his followers to feed off his hate for anyone who doesn't like him.  Real or imagined.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Our "Law and Order," Lame-Duck President on going on a pardon spree. Check out the latest group of upstanding people to receive them.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Great stuff.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, you constantly mitigate violence by left leaning groups, this isn't a secret.

I think what we are seeing here is a classic example of the influence of the media.

People from the right listen to right-wing news sources and these right wing news sources tell them that the left thinks that burning and looting and violence are "fine".  Then, even though no one here has said anything like that we are being accused of saying it because the the right-wing media has programed these viewers to believe it is true.

Since we are talking about the Proud Boys I have a great example of how just being exposed to right wing news sources can effect a persons beliefs.  Here is the response from another thread to a post calling the proud Boys "super terrible".

(07-17-2020, 03:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Participating in a street melee does not make one "super terrible" if one is defending themselves from an aggressor.  I'm certainly not saying the opposite doesn't exist, but the news stories and videos I've seen of them engaged in a street fight were started by Antifa.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think what we are seeing here is a classic example of the influence of the media.

People from the right listen to right-wing news sources and these right wing news sources tell them that the left thinks that burning and looting and violence are "fine".  Then, even though no one here has said anything like that we are being accused of saying it because the the right-wing media has programed these viewers to believe it is true.

Since we are talking about the Proud Boys I have a great example of how just being exposed to right wing news sources can effect a persons beliefs.  Here is the response from another thread to a post calling the proud Boys "super terrible".

Either side can have confirmation bias.

It is easily dismissed by asking for proof.  Then it dissolves into the fever dream that it is most of the time.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: It's because people get focused on their "side".  Doesn't matter what really happens or what the facts are the other side is "bad".  And if you dispute that YOU must be bad because you support what they "do" even if they didn't do anything or if you came out against what they did.

Secondly there are many, including some who are/were on this board, who think what Trump says doesn't matter.  No matter if he tells people to "take back their state" and then a right wing group is arrested for planning to kidnap the Gov...they are responsible because they listened to him.

Trump is a disaster who inspires his followers to feed off his hate for anyone who doesn't like him.  Real or imagined.

Sad.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who could have imagined?   Mellow

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/proud-boys-leader-enrique-tarrio-arrested-in-dc-police-say

Quote:WASHINGTON (FOX 5 DC) - FOX 5 has learned that Proud Boys' leader Enrique Tarrio has been arrested in D.C.

FOX 5 's Evan Lambert reports Tarrio is facing misdemeanor destruction of property charges in relation to him saying he burned a Black Lives Matter flag that was stolen from a Black church in December during a protest in the District. 

D.C. police confirmed Monday evening that officers have arrested 36-year-old Henry "Enrique" Tarrio, of Miami, Florida. 

He has been charged with Destruction of Property related to an offense that occurred on Saturday, Dec. 12, 2020, in the 900 block of 11th Street, Northwest.

Police say at the time of his arrest, Tarrio was found to be in possession of two high capacity firearm magazines. He has been additionally charged with Possession of High Capacity Feeding Device.
[Image: GettyImages-1229673891-e1609802612983.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]ATLANTA, GA - NOVEMBER 18: Enrique Tarrio, leader of the Proud Boys, a far-right group, is seen at a "Stop the Steal" rally against the results of the U.S. Presidential election outside the Georgia State Capitol on November 18, 2020 in Atlanta, Georg

READ MORE: DC church suing Proud Boys over Black Lives Matter sign vandalism

Earlier on Monday, the Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church in D.C. filed a lawsuit against the Proud Boys and Tarrio alleging that the group scaled its fence and tore down a large Black Lives Matter sign on display.
It was one of two historically Black churches that were vandalized during the protests.

READ MORE: DC church re-hangs Black Lives Matter banner destroyed during protest clashes

"White supremacists like the Proud Boys, would rather see the country burn than to see it united together under justice and freedom for all," said Kristen Clarke, president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. "Black churches and other religious institutions have a long and ugly history of being targeted by white supremacists in racist and violent attacks meant to intimidate and create fear. Our lawsuit aims to hold those who engage in such action accountable. We are proud to represent Metropolitan A.M.E. which has a long history of standing against bigotry and hate and whose courage and determination to fight back is a beacon of hope for the community." 
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Who could have imagined?   Mellow

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/proud-boys-leader-enrique-tarrio-arrested-in-dc-police-say

The Proud Boys are just an idea.  Maybe you could make a meme of Dexter's dad saying "Proud Boys"?   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The Proud Boys are just an idea.  

According to all the media sources you follow, right?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I have to say, the videos I have seen of Proud Boys and other MAGA types being upset at the police shutting down their unlawful assemblies has been amusing to me. My schadenfreude reserves are running high. Especially of the videos of the whining at the cops in riot gear while stomping a thin blue line flag. Chef's kiss.

I am wondering what will be going down, tomorrow. If Parler can be believed to be any real indication, there could be some real violence in DC.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
We should be glad that they are either idiots or simply refuse to obey the law.  That probably keeps them from doing even more harm than they threaten to:

You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
So just to clarify, do Blue Lives Not Matter anymore?
Reply/Quote