Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
QB candidates for 2020 Draft
Tua's injury looked bad, and sucks as it relates to options for QB. Hopefully Burrow season continues to go good, and we don't pick after the Dolphins, because if his stock falls, this QB class will look a little suspect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is just so damn impressive.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 09:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Joe Burrow is just so damn impressive.

He really is outstanding He's been my favorite all year I think the Bengals have to take him
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Oklahoma is missing the wide receiver lamb and hurts is not looking all that impressive this game so far
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Tua expected to make a full recovery.

https://thespun.com/sec/alabama-crimson-tide/tua-tagovailoa-injury-update-alabama-statement-dislocated-hip-out-for-season-nfl-draft?fbclid=IwAR1TPqA4vbCLNwrB6hrEQUOXXm8kwI5mqpOYWDAwDJyyYm4ttQpdURR5Exg
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 10:40 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Tua expected to make a full recovery.

https://thespun.com/sec/alabama-crimson-tide/tua-tagovailoa-injury-update-alabama-statement-dislocated-hip-out-for-season-nfl-draft?fbclid=IwAR1TPqA4vbCLNwrB6hrEQUOXXm8kwI5mqpOYWDAwDJyyYm4ttQpdURR5Exg

I still think he ought to stay in school another year.  Certainly looking like a Bengal pick for sure.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Herbert has a really good arm. Just hit on a flea flicker, long pass, right in stride. Quality throw.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 01:51 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Herbert has a really good arm.  Just hit on a flea flicker, long pass, right in stride.  Quality throw.

Folks around here have fallen in love with the Ohio kid, but I don't think it's close as far as arm talent between Joe and Justin. Admittedly Joe is much more mobile. Justin would have been the #1 QB taken last year if he would have declared and he's done nothing to tarnish that, it's just Joe has been so impressive. One year wonders worry me, but I'd be happy with either or neither and take Chase Young. This is a pretty good year to suck. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 11:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks around here have fallen in love with the Ohio kid, but I don't think it's close as far as arm talent between Joe and Justin. Admittedly Joe is much more mobile. Justin would have been the #1 QB taken last year if he would have declared and he's done nothing to tarnish that, it's just Joe has been so impressive. One year wonders worry me, but I'd be happy with either or neither and take Chase Young. This is a pretty good year to suck. 

I agree. Justin just has incredible arm talent. Even on the first touchdown Justin threw, he threw an absolute dime while getting hit (the receiver was wide open so it wasn’t as impressive.) The point is, Justin has the arm to still get it there while being hit and hit him in stride.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 11:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks around here have fallen in love with the Ohio kid, but I don't think it's close as far as arm talent between Joe and Justin. Admittedly Joe is much more mobile. Justin would have been the #1 QB taken last year if he would have declared and he's done nothing to tarnish that, it's just Joe has been so impressive. One year wonders worry me, but I'd be happy with either or neither and take Chase Young. This is a pretty good year to suck. 

Chase Young is too good to pass up. The Bengals might want to consider the option of trading for an experienced quarterback while addressing more pressing needs via the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 03:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Chase Young is too good to pass up.  The Bengals might want to consider the option of trading for an experienced quarterback while addressing more pressing needs via the draft.

That young back up for Detroit is looking pretty good. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 07:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's going to be a tough call for him.  If he won't make it back for the start of the college season, he could potentially lose his starting job and fall even further.  He could also get hurt again without getting paid.

It's really tough to say where he goes, but I would guess he won't fall out of the 2nd.  It's a risk for any team, but potentially a massive reward.  Feel bad for the kid, though.  Hope things work out for him wherever he lands.

Depending on what the doctors say, someone will draft him. If someone will take Jaylon Smith hight in the 2nd and redshirt him, with his potential...someone will take Tua too. More than likely a good team with a solid QB situation for the next couple years. 

Or the Bengals...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 07:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Depending on what the doctors say, someone will draft him. If someone will take Jaylon Smith hight in the 2nd and redshirt him, with his potential...someone will take Tua too. More than likely a good team with a solid QB situation for the next couple years. 

Or the Bengals...

The difference here is what burning a year on a rookie QB contract means. If you burn 1/2 years on that deal you are losing a lot of the value the rookie QB contract provides a team. Especially considering this is an injury that has the potential to shorten his career substantially. I think there will be a lot of teams, similar to Jaylon Smith, who red flag him medically and remove him from their draft boards completely. The issue though is when medical checks come around at the combine it will still be too early to have a good idea if it will be an AVN situation or not yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 09:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: The difference here is what burning a year on a rookie QB contract means. If you burn 1/2 years on that deal you are losing a lot of the value the rookie QB contract provides a team. Especially considering this is an injury that has the potential to shorten his career substantially. I think there will be a lot of teams, similar to Jaylon Smith, who red flag him medically and remove him from their draft boards completely. The issue though is when medical checks come around at the combine it will still be too early to have a good idea if it will be an AVN situation or not yet.

I would guess they have some sort of imaging test(s) to see how well or not blood is flowing from now until the draft. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would guess they have some sort of imaging test(s) to see how well or not blood is flowing from now until the draft. 

There is so little blood flow there normally apparently it is really tough to judge. I think he goes back to school, the reality is he is going to get world class medical attention while at Alabama. He will start this process with them and so it makes sense to go through the whole thing with them, especially because they have some history with it as CJ Mosley dislocated his hip while there although he didn't have the fracture. 

Now here is my other take haha. I'd guess he has a loss of value insurance policy that will pay out if he falls out of the 1st. It may actually behoove him to go into the draft and expect to fall out of the 1st as the insurance policy will offset his lost income but he then gets to play on a 4 year deal instead of a 5 year deal and can get to FA faster. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: There is so little blood flow there normally apparently it is really tough to judge. I think he goes back to school, the reality is he is going to get world class medical attention while at Alabama. He will start this process with them and so it makes sense to go through the whole thing with them, especially because they have some history with it as CJ Mosley dislocated his hip while there although he didn't have the fracture. 

Now here is my other take haha. I'd guess he has a loss of value insurance policy that will pay out if he falls out of the 1st. It may actually behoove him to go into the draft and expect to fall out of the 1st as the insurance policy will offset his lost income but he then gets to play on a 4 year deal instead of a 5 year deal and can get to FA faster. 

If he does, smart move on his part. 

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If he does, smart move on his part. 

Most schools anymore cover that cost for their players who are draft eligible and are projected to be 1st rounders potentially. It is actually a weird perk the NCAA allows for star players. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 03:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: Most schools anymore cover that cost for their players who are draft eligible and are projected to be 1st rounders potentially. It is actually a weird perk the NCAA allows for star players. 

I wonder how much of that has to do with warding off any potential law suits. 

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 05:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wonder how much of that has to do with warding off any potential law suits. 

Iirc, all NCAA athletes are under hold harmless agreements that absolve the NCAA and the school of any injury liability.  It's basically a tactic to keep kids from coming out early.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 07:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: Iirc, all NCAA athletes are under hold harmless agreements that absolve the NCAA and the school of any injury liability.  It's basically a tactic to keep kids from coming out early.

I don't want to get too far away in this thread, but...i would think waivers and HHAs are for injuries that happen on the grounds, but i could be wrong. I also wonder how strong they would be under extenuating circumstances; faulty equipment, human error...things like that. None of that really relates to Tua. I just wonder in the case of an injury, where the medical staff could be accused of mishandling treatment or surgery, what happens there? I also remember reading something recently about a current case where...i think a former...athlete is suing, or maybe joining a suit that has something to do with concussions. 

Again, this is getting away from the thread. Just some things that pop into my brain. 

Reply/Quote