Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Quentin Spain wants to come back to Cincinnati
(01-25-2022, 11:14 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Just because they are our best lineman do not make them good lineman. I was not getting rid of Jonah just moving him to RT.  Signing 2-3 lguys who are or have been All Pro's is my idea of fixing the line. Keep grooming the guys we already drafted "they will make you proud day. I promise".
As for Linderbaum. I will take his wrestling background since he understands leverage as is very quick on his feet. He would not be ranked as high as he is if he could be bull rushed. He is very strong. He is also  for the school that is known for producing great Offensive Lineman.

Not sure where you think we are going to get 2-3 All Pros, or how we'd pay them. We need to pick up one and put him at RG. 

And I'm not against drafting Linderbaum, but wrestling background aside, he'll struggle with the bull rush. It's on his list of negatives in his draft profile. That will only be exacerbated once he gets to the NFL and plays against even bigger opponents. Hopkins is 26 lbs. heavier than Linderbaum. So I wouldn't get my hopes up he's coming in and immediately being a great pass protector or road grader. He's going to have to get bigger.

Quote:Overall, Linderbaum is a dynamic run-blocker inside a zone-heavy scheme with the ability to be devastating at the second level. His size and anchoring concerns can lead to issues against high-end power-rushers in the NFL if he doesn't improve his use of hands to keep rushers guessing and off-balance, but he is a quick processor who can protect his edges against shiftier rushers.
Reply/Quote