Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About The Riots.......
If the riots are about police brutality and the police killing George Floyd, then why aren't the protesters looting and destroying police stations?

If that's who they're mad at and what they're trying to bring awareness to, why don't they confront them directly?

What sense does it make to destroy and steal the property of people who had nothing to do with it?
(06-01-2020, 04:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: If the riots are about police brutality and the police killing George Floyd, then why aren't the protesters looting and destroying police stations?

If that's who they're mad at and what they're trying to bring awareness to, why don't they confront them directly?

What sense does it make to destroy and steal the property of people who had nothing to do with it?

Protestors and looters not always the same people. Some people show up just to loot and destroy.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
They did burn down a police station in Minneapolis. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-01-2020, 04:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: If the riots are about police brutality and the police killing George Floyd, then why aren't the protesters looting and destroying police stations?

The rioters are not really striking out at the police for police brutality.  They are striking out against society for not controlling police brutality.

When people feel that the system is against them then they don't care about breaking the rules of the system. It is the same reason that in the 1930's a lot of poor white people looked at gangsters and bank robbers as heroes.  When people feel betrayed by the law then they don't mind people who break the law.

I am not going to get too deep into this because I have lots of problems with the rioting issue, but I think that will answer to your question.
(06-01-2020, 09:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: They did burn down a police station in Minneapolis. 

That was one.

How does burning and looting stores that had nothing to do with it make any sense?

How do they know that one of the stores that people are looting and burning isn't owned by George Floyd's family?
(06-01-2020, 01:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That was one.

How does burning and looting stores that had nothing to do with it make any sense?

How do they know that one of the stores that people are looting and burning isn't owned by George Floyd's family?

It doesn't make sense.  That's why the protesters weren't doing that (for the most part I assume) and others looking to wreak havoc were.  Angry people do dumb things.  So do people deliberately looking to cause chaos.  And it doesn't make sense and it doesn't help the cause.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

You cannot steal new electronics and other merchandise from Police Stations. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Why does the OP think the riots are occurring?
Drugs. It's all just because of the drugs.
(06-01-2020, 02:54 PM)Benton Wrote: Drugs. It's all just because of the drugs.

Have we tried freeing Bill Cosby yet? 
I guess the virus doesn’t affect you if you riot or loot
(06-01-2020, 01:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Some people just want to watch the world burn.

And blame it on African Americans.

[Image: wesley-somers.jpg?w=640]
(06-01-2020, 02:58 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: I guess the virus doesn’t affect you if you riot or loot

Why not?
(06-01-2020, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And blame it on African Americans.

[Image: wesley-somers.jpg?w=640]

I'm not part of this superhero climate, but I know enough to know that Deadpool and Joker are like the Lennon and McCartney for disturbed white dudes.
Quote:Let me say as I've always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating. I'm still convinced that nonviolence is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom and justice. I feel that violence will only create more social problems than they will solve. That in a real sense it is impracticable for the Negro to even think of mounting a violent revolution in the United States. So I will continue to condemn riots, and continue to say to my brothers and sisters that this is not the way. And continue to affirm that there is another way.

But at the same time, it is as necessary for me to be as vigorous in condemning the conditions which cause persons to feel that they must engage in riotous activities as it is for me to condemn riots. I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.

Martin Luther King Jr., 1967

We should condemn violence, but we need to also condemn the conditions that led to it. If you did not voice your concern until Target was on fire, you're missing the point and you're choosing the tranquility of the status quo over justice for all.

When someone has spent decades trying to express themselves, only to be ignored, they find ways to make ourselves seen and heard. When we lash out in anger, we do not think clearly, but it is driven by that desperation that comes from being ignored. At some point, the only conclusion is that the entire system is against you.

As you voice your own anger with the rioting, are you voicing your support with peaceful protests? When Kap kneeled, did you scoff and call him names? A man had a silent protest, and he was vilified for it. Why do you think some people skip past peaceful and decide to burn things? If you were one of the people who attacked Kap, you conditioned people to believe that peaceful protest won't ever work.

There are many burning and looting. Some do it because they're desperate. Some do not care and want to steal. Some are bad faith actors, trying to make the movement look bad. Some just want to express their anger and do not care about the cause.

Regardless their reasons, there are even more, tens of thousands across cities, peacefully protesting. Looking for a dialogue. Trying to mend what is broken. Some of those peaceful protestors are being rammed with cars. Drive by pepper spray. Shot with rubber bullets. Journalists assaulted by police. Did you speak up and support them when that happened?

If you continue to just attack the riots and ignore the protests, especially refusing to accept the need for a dialogue or failing to condemn the conditions many peacefully protestors are being met with, you do not care about healing. You care about your position not being threatened or inconvenienced. You want blissful ignorance and the status quo.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-01-2020, 02:54 PM)Benton Wrote: Drugs. It's all just because of the drugs.

Well, some of it is Soros.  

Also what about ABORTION!!!!!????
(06-01-2020, 03:33 PM)samhain Wrote: Well, some of it is Soros.  

Also what about ABORTION!!!!!????

Stay on topic, Sam. 

This whole protest/riot disaster is HILLARY'S fault and wholly predictable from Benghazi on.
Russians

The answer is apparently always Russians.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(06-01-2020, 03:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Martin Luther King Jr., 1967

We should condemn violence, but we need to also condemn the conditions that led to it. If you did not voice your concern until Target was on fire, you're missing the point and you're choosing the tranquility of the status quo over justice for all.

When someone has spent decades trying to express themselves, only to be ignored, they find ways to make ourselves seen and heard. When we lash out in anger, we do not think clearly, but it is driven by that desperation that comes from being ignored. At some point, the only conclusion is that the entire system is against you.

As you voice your own anger with the rioting, are you voicing your support with peaceful protests? When Kap kneeled, did you scoff and call him names? A man had a silent protest, and he was vilified for it. Why do you think some people skip past peaceful and decide to burn things? If you were one of the people who attacked Kap, you conditioned people to believe that peaceful protest won't ever work.

There are many burning and looting. Some do it because they're desperate. Some do not care and want to steal. Some are bad faith actors, trying to make the movement look bad. Some just  want to express their anger and do not care about the cause.

Regardless their reasons, there are even more, tens of thousands across cities, peacefully protesting. Looking for a dialogue. Trying to mend what is broken. Some of those peaceful protestors are being rammed with cars. Drive by pepper spray. Shot with rubber bullets. Journalists assaulted by police. Did you speak up and support them when that happened?

If you continue to just attack the riots and ignore the protests, especially refusing to accept the need for a dialogue or failing to condemn the conditions many peacefully protestors are being met with, you do not care about healing. You care about your position not being threatened or inconvenienced. You want blissful ignorance and the status quo.

I couldn't agree more with this if I tried.