Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quinton Spain Appreciation Thread
He continues to be an absolute monster for us (and obviously quite a bargain). I don’t think I’ve enjoyed watching any of our O-linemen this much since before Whit left.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I absolutely love Spain and have since the day they signed him. Dude is nasty.

He's my favorite Bengal Olineman since Bobbie Williams
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Been a great addition at a spot of need.
Reply/Quote
B E A U T I F U L

Reply/Quote
Remember when he said he was the most underrated player in the NFL before the season and many people laughed
Reply/Quote
He’s a huge factor in how we beat the Titans last year. Came in off the street and pancaked guys. I love his nastiness and how he is always looking to level someone.
Reply/Quote
He won't be a great value next year, but he's earned it. Best player on the line.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bengals still need a Center, RG and probably RT. Burrow is taking too many hits
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Zac struck gold again with the Spaniard.

Now they will have to shell out the gold to keep him though and the Bengals better do so.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 11:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Zac struck gold again with the Spaniard.

Now they will have to shell out the gold to keep him though and the Bengals better do so.

It will be interesting to see what he gets. Scherff will probably get a Thuney type deal. I doubt Spain will command that kind of money, but he’s definitely due for a pretty hefty raise.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 11:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It will be interesting to see what he gets. Scherff will probably get a Thuney type deal. I doubt Spain will command that kind of money, but he’s definitely due for a pretty hefty raise.

Agree 

Most teams need O-line help these days and just believe he will have other teams making nice offers as well that will force the bengals pay up. 

And so they should if he finishes out without any major injuries. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They need to sign Spain to an awarding contract in the offseason.He’s proven himself.I Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s our highest graded lineman at the end of the regular season.
Reply/Quote
Spain flopped pretty hard after getting his first multi year contract. He had to come back this year at the vet minimum. I could see him being much more affordable than some of you are assuming.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 08:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He continues to be an absolute monster for us (and obviously quite a bargain). I don’t think I’ve enjoyed watching any of our O-linemen this much since before Whit left.

Love him as a player and love his attitude.  He's a great follow on twitter.  Love his energy and enthusiasm.  
Reply/Quote
He has been better than I thought he would be. Glad to see it. He should get paid by someone in FA after all the 1-year deals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 12:29 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: They need to sign Spain to an awarding contract in the offseason.He’s proven himself. I Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s our highest graded lineman at the end of the regular season.

He’s currently just edging out Jonah.

Spain - 74.8

Jonah - 74.7

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 10:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He’s a huge factor in how we beat the Titans last year. Came in off the street and pancaked guys. I love his nastiness and how he is always looking to level someone.

Not only that, but he played multiple positions the first several weeks he was here, and played decent to well at every stop.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Definitely worth paying a multiyear deal. I realize it is stating the obvious but a good offensive line improves every other aspect of the game. If you could have a team with only 5 players of probowl caliber, I'd argue at least two should be offensive line.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 08:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He continues to be an absolute monster for us (and obviously quite a bargain). I don’t think I’ve enjoyed watching any of our O-linemen this much since before Whit left.

Technically a "pancake" block is when the opponent lands on their back.

You can knock someone over... that is still great. But it is not a pancake. Words have meaning and they lose that meaning when people misuse them. I guess Mike (Sans) never played football.

You can simply Google "pancake block" or use https://www.sportsrec.com/7108433/what-is-a-pancake-block-in-football
Reply/Quote
I still don't understand how we were able to sign him so cheaply.

I thought he played well for us last year, but I figured there was something I was missing. It is extremely hard to grade O-linemen. I figured the rest of the NFL knew more than I did.
Reply/Quote