Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
R.I.P. Team Sewell
(09-12-2021, 06:03 PM)jason Wrote: I still regret the hire of Zac Taylor. It should've never been so close in the second half. Talent won't be able to overcome coaching all year long though.

Oh... And it turns out Ja'Marr Chase's hands still work.

As to the title of the thread?  Lol!  Sewell played well, by all accounts.

Now, as far as the Bengals go, yes, Chase came through and played well.

As far as drafting OL over WR in the 1st round?  I'm still iffy, because Joe took a few licks today that he didn't need to..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: QB with 128.8 rating 2 TD’s 0 ints

101 yds & TD WR

127 yds & TD RB

“Not very good”

Reasonable take lol.

You thought the offense was good?

The offense won us that game?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Chase great 1st half, defense line won game and Mixon, burrow after hit looked not good.

How he look on that OT 4th down?

Reply/Quote
Team Sewell died when Carman and Smith flashed this preseason.... Chase silenced some critics and good for him. Hopefully it's on the up and up from here on out.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You thought the offense was good?

Did I say they “won us the game?” It was a good effort by all three units. But yes, they played a good game on offense. The numbers are right there.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did I say they “won us the game?” It was a good effort by all three units. But yes, they played a good game on offense. The numbers are right there.

The offense was average. An average offense only wins games if the defense is elite

The defense was elite today

Joe Burrow still getting popped way too much for anyone’s liking
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You thought the offense was good?

How many points does an offense need to score to be considered "good"? 27 points is pretty good for NFL offenses.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As to the title of the thread?  Lol!  Sewell played well, by all accounts.

As far as drafting OL over WR in the 1st round?  I'm still iffy, because Joe took a few licks today that he didn't need to..

Not because of our OT’s though…

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:11 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Sewell would not have helped that play Burrow was injured on. Hopkins gave up 2 sacks including the one Burrow was injured on. He was beat really bad. Trey Hill might be our new starting center. 

On a side not I am questioning my belief of ZT. There was absolutely no reason to go for it on our 30 yard line. We were up 14 our defense was playing great. Momentum was on our side. That and questionable play calling changed the game from a blowout to an almost loss.

Very concerning.

Chase was the right pick though.
You can take or leave going for it on 4th & less than 1 in your territory, but the ensuing play call was absolutely the wrong one. You DON'T hand off. That's a Hawkeye-style tractor-pull QB sneak, with an H-back & RB pushing the QB from behind, 100% of the time. And everyone within 100 miles of PBS knows it. Shame on ya, ZT.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:37 PM)TheFan Wrote: How many points does an offense need to score to be considered "good"? 

If you want to be a good offense, you need to crush these teams with below average defenses.

Our defense stopped an elite offense today

Defense and McPherson won the game
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The offense was average. An average offense only wins games if the defense is elite

The defense was elite today

Joe Burrow still getting popped way too much for anyone’s liking

Mostly because blitzes weren’t picked up by our RB’s and TE’s. Also, Hopkins had a bad game.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As to the title of the thread?  Lol!  Sewell played well, by all accounts.

Joe's gonna get sacked and hit. It seemed to me most of the time he got hit it was coming from right up the gut. Sometimes they were coming in untouched.

But yeah... The thread title sorta came from the Ja'Marr Chase is John Ross 2.0 stances we'd been seeing over the past few weeks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mostly because blitzes weren’t picked up by our RB’s and TE’s. Also, Hopkins had a bad game.

Are you gonna shift blame to tight ends not stopping pass rushers? Do you think willie anderson is our tight end?

The o-line was bad. No surprise there. Once again they hamper the offense and let burrow get rocked
Reply/Quote
Hopkins sucked.
Apple sucked.
Zac Taylor sucked.
Team still won.
Not sure how long those metrics will work together.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:42 PM)Destro Wrote: Hopkins sucked.
Apple sucked.
Zac Taylor sucked.
Team still won.
Not sure how long those metrics will work together.

Any surprise Hopkins sucked? He’s an average center who busted his knee late last season.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Are you gonna shift blame to tight ends not stopping pass rushers? Do you think willie anderson is our tight end?

The o-line was bad. No surprise there. Once again they hamper the offense and let burrow get rocked

No they weren’t. One guy was (coming back from serious injury). The other 4 were fine. I was particularly impressed with XSF. Curious how he grades out for this one.

Reply/Quote
I really think some people here are just chase fans and not bengals fans.

Offense wasn’t good today. But hey, at least jamarr had a good game! That’s what really matters!

Suck it, boomers who wanted a first round tackle!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Any surprise Hopkins sucked? He’s an average center who busted his knee late last season.

He’s usually very good in pass protection. Definitely a rare off game for him. But it was of course his first action since the injury. We’ll see how he looks in the upcoming weeks.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: If you want to be a good offense, you need to crush these teams with below average defenses.

Our defense stopped an elite offense today

Defense and McPherson won the game

I know you tried ignoring it in the other thread, but the Vikings aren't a below average defense. Or at least we don't know what they are yet. Like said earlier when you didn't respond, they were a top 10 defense for 6 years straight until facing numerous injuries last year and being down. It's much more likely they go back to being a top half defense vs staying a bottom half this year. 

I agree the defense did well and McPherson was great but the offense definitely played good enough to win in their own right. 

Vikings averaged 27 ppg last year which you just stated is "an elite offense". We scored 27 points today....so which is it? 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I really think some people here are just chase fans and not bengals fans.

Offense wasn’t good today. But hey, at least jamarr had a good game! That’s what really matters!

Suck it, boomers who wanted a first round tackle!

You’re the absolute worst.

Reply/Quote