Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
R.I.P. Team Sewell
With a good head coach, we wouldn't have even sniffed overtime.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How he look on that OT 4th down?

We after 3 other chances  thank god , ZT horrible play call then a great one..lol
He seemed to be flat as hell in 4th , Bates saved game for sure, hopefully he overcomes injury mentally 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:47 PM)TheFan Wrote: I know you tried ignoring it in the other thread, but the Vikings aren't a below average defense. Or at least we don't know what they are yet. Like said earlier when you didn't respond, they were a top 10 defense for 6 years straight until facing numerous injuries last year and being down. It's much more likely they go back to being a top half defense vs staying a bottom half this year. 

I agree the defense did well and McPherson was great but the offense definitely played good enough to win in their own right. 

Vikings averaged 27 ppg last year which you just stated is "an elite offense". We scored 27 points today....so which is it? 

Sure, we don’t know yet
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Sure, we don’t know yet

Nice response, about what I expected. Nothing to actually support any of the crap you say. You continue showing your ineptitude for football with each passing day. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: If you want to be a good offense, you need to crush these teams with below average defenses.

Our defense stopped an elite offense today

Defense and McPherson won the game

Wasn't the offense up 21-7 in the 3rd quarter before the D started to fold?

Zac Taylor and the D f'n up on 4th down turned the tide.

So yeah.  The offense wasn't world beaters but shit play calling and bad D let them back in it.

I realize the D had some good spurts and we got the gift strip fumble in OT but c'mon man.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
He’s usually very good in pass protection.
Definitely a rare off game for him. But it was of course his first action since the injury. We’ll see how he looks in the upcoming weeks.

That is no surprise.  However, I was surprised that they traded Billy Price after he had such an impressive preseason.  With the way Hopkins looked today, we sure could use a solid backup at Center.

I mean, the Vikings knew where to target the pressure.  You think other teams won't see that film?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is no surprise.  However, I was surprised that they traded Billy Price after he had such an impressive preseason.  With the way Hopkins looked today, we sure could use a solid backup at Center.

I mean, the Vikings knew where to target the pressure.  You think other teams won't see that film?

Hopefully he’s just knocking off the rust.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:54 PM)TheFan Wrote: Nice response, about what I expected. Nothing to actually support any of the crap you say. You continue showing your ineptitude for football with each passing day. 

What? I’m agreeing with you. We don’t know if they’re bad yet.

Calm down
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Wasn't the offense up 21-7 in the 3rd quarter before the D started to fold?

Meh, I put that on the offense failing to put the Vikings away in regulation.  They had a couple of chances, but failed to move the ball.  Seems like they wanted to "Marvin" the clock away, after Joe took that good hit.

So, in that situation, most teams would just hand the ball off.  The Bengals tried, but the OL still failed to move the pile when it counted.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is no surprise.  However, I was surprised that they traded Billy Price after he had such an impressive preseason.  With the way Hopkins looked today, we sure could use a solid backup at Center.

The saving grace is that BJ Hill doesn't appear to be an absolute scrub (so far), but honestly I was a lil puzzled by that trade as well. A player for player trade no less.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:05 PM)jason Wrote: The saving grace is that BJ Hill doesn't appear to be an absolute scrub (so far), but honestly I was a lil puzzled by that trade as well. A player for player trade no less.

Yes, I completely understood the need for depth at DL.  What I didn't understand was the Bengals just thinking "Meh, we have an "extra" Center to just get rid of".  That makes little sense, with having only an average starter coming off of a lower body rehab and an untested rookie to rely on.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: What? I’m agreeing with you. We don’t know if they’re bad yet.

Calm down

I am calm. It's getting old repeatedly pointing out where you're spouting off crap as fact though.

You said "you need to crush these teams with below average defenses." That's saying the Vikings have a below average defense. If you didn't want to say they're below average then don't say it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: You said "you need to crush these teams with below average defenses." That's saying the Vikings have a below average defense. If you didn't want to say they're below average then don't say it. 

Well the consensus nationally is that they’re below average

If they aren’t, then it’s a surprise
Reply/Quote
Michael Pierce is no pushover. Hopkins had a bad game yes but it was against one of the NFLs best Nose Tackles.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:03 PM)jason Wrote: I still regret the hire of Zac Taylor. It should've never been so close in the second half. Talent won't be able to overcome coaching all year long though.

Oh... And it turns out Ja'Marr Chase's hands still work.

Are you saying you hired Taylor? Who are you really ...  Hmm
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Honest question. I spent more time reading game day posts than watching every second of every snap. Did Carman play today? I didn't see his name mentioned at all. Not trying to hate on him. I'm honestly curious if he was on the field.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The offense was average. An average offense only wins games if the defense is elite

The defense was elite today

Joe Burrow still getting popped way too much for anyone’s liking

The defense had some bright spots but was far from elite.  Elite defenses dont give up 24 points and 3rd and longs 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:16 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: The defense had some bright spots but was far from elite.  Elite defenses dont give up 24 points and 3rd and longs 

In today’s league? Against one of the best offenses in the league?

Yes holding the Vikings to 24 points is fantastic.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I completely understood the need for depth at DL.  What I didn't understand was the Bengals just thinking "Meh, we have an "extra" Center to just get rid of".  That makes little sense, with having only an average starter coming off of a lower body rehab and an untested rookie to rely on.

I don't think he was going to be released, I think they felt Hill was good enough to use in lieu of a guy who would ideally see limited action and be gone in one year on a new contract that would not lead to a compensatory pick; for a player who could see the field more often and hopefully make an impact.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, I put that on the offense failing to put the Vikings away in regulation.  They had a couple of chances, but failed to move the ball.  Seems like they wanted to "Marvin" the clock away, after Joe took that good hit.

So, in that situation, most teams would just hand the ball off.  The Bengals tried, but the OL still failed to move the pile when it counted.

I won't argue with that.

I just think the D failed in spots too.

Apple sucking it up didn't help them.

The D line looked really good at times. 

Look the whole point of this thread and the Sewell vs Chase thing is stupid.

Thinking just one pick is what the team needed to improve is silly.

What they do in free agency or movement with that pick in the draft mattered the most.

I digress.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote