Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
R.I.P. Team Sewell
The line may have been "not good" today but neither were they awful which is what they have been. Joey B had time to throw and Joe Mixon had room to run which is more than could do last year. I would say they were serviceable

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yep! Aside from Hopkins getting juked twice by Pierce the line did its job. The other sacks were on a) The silly idea of blocking an elite DE with a TE and b) We had two plays were the back missed the blocking assignment. Burrow had a clean pocket the vast majority of the time and Mixon had some room to run. And this was with Hopkins in particular being very rusty because ZT only had the first team offense play three snaps all preseason. 

TE on a great edge is never an ideal situation but on it can be forced on occasions like it was on that play. Interior blitz forced a Big On Big inside out protection which forced Sample on Hunter and a Hot Read. You can see Burrow Double clutch on that play and Sample blown by Hunter was just a bad situation.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: *pining, the word you are looking for is pining.  As in, longing for, yearning for, wanting..

Commonly associated with fjords.

[Image: MONTY-PYTHON.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You don’t lurk here much, do you..

All the time and no one claimed that. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, our WR corps was hardly an area so glaring that a top 5 pick had to be used on it.

In terms of lack of separation there were needs. Plus even though aj wasn't good last year he seemed to draw a lot of attention which freed up the others. 
Reply/Quote
Sewell played well today. Chase played well today. This thread is pointless.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:44 PM)pally Wrote: The line may have been "not good" today but neither were they awful which is what they have been. Joey B had time to throw and Joe Mixon had room to run which is more than could do last year. I would say they were serviceable

Absolutely! This offensive line has potential to be good and we need to give mad props to Frank Pollack for having the players prepared to play today. The lack of pre-snap penalties was encouraging and so was the inside run blocking and most of the pass protection. They have a long way to go but they are a lot better then they were.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:23 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Sewell played well today. Chase played well today. This thread is pointless.

Jamarr fanboys will not let it go
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jamarr fanboys will not let it go

Can we not be a fan of a Bengal?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:23 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Sewell played well today. Chase played well today. This thread is pointless.

Maybe you could've made better use of your time updating Opie's win total in your sign then.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:23 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Sewell played well today.  Chase played well today.  This thread is pointless.

Exactly.

Instead of people being happy the team won and good vibes around with of course a few threads to discuss the few things going wrong like Eli Apple's play, the 4th down play and free rushers on a handful of plays, we get the predictable type of crap just trying to keep stirring things up. It's not needed at all, yet... here it is. So instead of a night of being able to enjoy the win and have conversations about the better play calling and why so many people are falling on the turf in the stadium, we get the expected....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Exactly.

Instead of people being happy the team won and good vibes around with of course a few threads to discuss the few things going wrong like Eli Apple's play, the 4th down play and free rushers on a handful of plays, we get the predictable type of crap just trying to keep stirring things up. It's not needed at all, yet... here it is. So instead of a night of being able to enjoy the win and have conversations about the better play calling and why so many people are falling on the turf in the stadium, we get the expected....

The Jamarr fans just refuse to let it go

Seriously think they like jamarr chase more than the bengals

Guarantee if the bengals lose a game like 7-34, they’d still say something in the vein of “at least jamarr chase caught a touchdown. The Lions lost”

Something like that
Reply/Quote
Another year, same old problems. Burrow was sacked 5 times. I can't see how anybody can defend the poor pass protection yet again. The Bengals did not do enough to address the O line this offseason. You just can't have Burrow keep taking hits like that. Over a 17 game schedule that would be 85 sacks. Burrow won't survive taking those hits. Would Sewell have made any difference? It's hard to say. If you had Sewell, you would at least have more options on the O line. As it is, the pass protection was bad
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The Jamarr fans just refuse to let it go

Guarantee if the bengals lose a game like 7-34, they’d still say something in the vein of “at least jamarr chase caught a touchdown. The Lions lost”

Something like that

[Image: 5151KudzLtL._SL1200_.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 5151KudzLtL._SL1200_.jpg]

Dont hate on my scent.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Dont hate on my scent.

Send some to Frank!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The Jamarr fans just refuse to let it go

Something like that

Sounds like your waiting for him to have a bad game so you can pounce. You're like seriously upset that people are happy he played well. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:46 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Another year, same old problems.  Burrow was sacked 5 times.  I can't see how anybody can defend the poor pass protection yet again.  The Bengals did not do enough to address the O line this offseason.  You just can't have Burrow keep taking hits like that.  Over a 17 game schedule that would be 85 sacks.  Burrow won't survive taking those hits.  Would Sewell have made any difference?  It's hard to say.  If you had Sewell, you would at least have more options on the O line.   As it is, the pass protection was bad

At least 2 of the sacks weren't on the Oline. Perine missed at least 2 pick ups that were his responsibility which directly resulted in sacks. I believe another was Burrow holding on too wrong but still, 2-3 sacks is fairly normal. Five sacks is obviously a lot more than we want to see again but not all sacks are on the Oline. 

Two were because of our Center who's also just coming back from knee surgery.I'm not sure if any came from where Sewell would have been playing.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The Jamarr fans just refuse to let it go

Something like that

I'm a Penei guy and I ain't letting shit go after one game.

Dude looked like a stud against a D line with people like Nick Bosa in it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:11 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'm a Penei guy and I ain't letting shit go after one game.

Dude looked like a stud against a D line with people like Nick Bosa in it. 

How’d our LT look?

Reply/Quote