Poll: What do you want to see happen at RB?
Keep Mixon sign Perine and Trayveon
Keep Mixon and draft
Keep Mixon sign Perine and draft late
Keep Mixon sign Trayveon and draft late
Cut Mixon and draft
Cut Mixon sign Perine and draft
Cut Mixon sign Trayveon and draft
Cut Mixon sign Trayveon and Perine and maybe draft
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
RB Decision
So what do you want to do with Perine and Trayveon being FAs and Mixon being very expensive?

1. Keep Mixon sign Perine and Trayveon
2. Keep Mixon and draft
3. Keep Mixon sign Perine and draft late
4. Keep Mixon sign Trayveon and draft late
5. Cut Mixon and draft 
6. Cut Mixon sign Perine and draft
7. Cut Mixon sign Trayveon and draft  
8. Cut Mixon sign Trayveon and Perine and maybe draft

You get two votes. So a backup plan too
Reply/Quote
To be fair I was in the cut Mixon camp before he had a warrant out. This just gives us a better reason to do it. Let Perine take the reigns, maybe sign someone in Free Agency or draft depending on what's available.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sign Perine to 1-3 year deal.

Release Mixon after the draft as not to tip our hand.

Draft 1 Running back in rd. 1-4. Maybe one RB late too.

Use savings for Wilson or Tee's contract.
Reply/Quote
I really don’t know. I’ve been saying they’d cut Mixon at the end of the season all year. Now here we are with extra incentive for them to do so. But there are so many holes to fill that I don’t know if you can spend an early pick on an RB, and I certainly don’t want to roll into the season with Perine and Williams as 1 and 2.

If it was just depth, or we had other answers on the roster, I think this would be pretty simple, but this is overhauling the entire backfield.
Reply/Quote
If we draft, we need to draft early or find a gem later. We need a three-trick pony, run block and catch. Perine is solid at all three but not explosive at running. The only way I see us becoming more balanced run/pass is for the RB1 to get his 4.5 to 5 yards per. Mixon has way too many games he only gets 2 or 3-yards per. Perine is 27 but I think he has tread left on the tires since he only has 400 carries in 6 years.

If we do not re-sign Perine or Trayveon and we release Mixon we go into the year with only Chris Evans under contract.

Free-Agent????

We damn sure do not need to carry 4 RB this year.
Reply/Quote
Everything is conditional in my scenarios.

It all depends on what Perine & Williams want.

If Perine wants to be signed at a reasonable price and expects to share the load of carries, then yes, sign him.

Williams would be wise to take a team friendly deal.

Where does Evans equate in our future RB group?

I'm all aboard for cutting Mixon. He's too expensive for not being explosive.

In my opinion they could sign an equal(production-wise)for much less money.

Either pay a RB to be an upgrade or find a lateral move for less money.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've always loved how Mixon supports the team, but I would too if I was making 10+ million a year to have 2 good games a year. CUT HIM PLEASE!!! He has no burst anymore and by the time he runs north and south the hole closes before he gets there. Cut him and please sign Tee.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 08:20 AM)Mer Wrote: I've always loved how Mixon supports the team, but I would too if I was making 10+ million a year to have 2 good games a year. CUT HIM PLEASE!!! He has no burst anymore and by the time he runs north and south the hole closes before he gets there. Cut him and please sign Tee.

This ^

Mixon used to be the RB that found yards where there were none.

Those days have long since gone.

I appreciate the fight he had early in career for the Bengals, but that luster has worn quite a bit.

If it weren't for him tripping/balance/going down by hand tackles...  I would blame all of his shortcomings on the O-line.

Sorry, the O-line needs to be upgraded but so does the RB.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was always in the draft RB round to replace Mixons salary. There is 6-7 starting caliber RBs (Bijan, Gibbs, McBride, Charbonnet, Spears, etc.) and all could rotate with Perine for what we pay Mix. That 4-6M cap savings could be huge for us going forward.
Reply/Quote
Mixon has a contract. They can't just cut him without still paying him a lot of money. I'd be for trading him for a tackle. Definitely sign Samaje. I really like Williams, but we can't count on him, the dude is injured more than Evel Knievel.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 09:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Mixon has a contract. They can't just cut him without still paying him a lot of money. I'd be for trading him for a tackle. Definitely sign Samaje. I really like Williams, but we can't count on him, the dude is injured more than Evel Knievel.

They actually wouldn't pay him anything if they cut him. All the dead cap space money he would have if cut is money he was paid years ago and is just listed as spread out purely for cap accounting purposes, not any actual active payments.

If they keep him though, they will have to actually pay him $10.1m more in new cash this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Was in the cut Mixon camp after this year for monetary reasons before this season even started, and am still in that camp.

Voted cut Mix, keep Perine, and draft.

Yet would have voted this way if it were worded like this

Cut Mix, keep Perine and Trayveon, plus draft one instead of "maybe draft"

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Cut Mixon, sign Perrine, and draft a RB is what I chose.This is a pretty deep RB draft, so even in the later rounds we can find someone who can contribute right away.We need to spend the money we will save on Mixon on more obvious areas of need.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 09:16 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I was always in the draft RB round to replace Mixons salary. There is 6-7 starting caliber RBs (Bijan, Gibbs, McBride, Charbonnet, Spears, etc.) and all could rotate with Perine for what we pay Mix. That 4-6M cap savings could be huge for us going forward.

Spears is a gem that could be drafted a little later.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 05:35 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: To be fair I was in the cut Mixon camp before he had a warrant out. This just gives us a better reason to do it. Let Perine take the reigns, maybe sign someone in Free Agency or draft depending on what's available.

Id see if mixon would take a paycut..  If not then id look to trade then cut after june 1st if i could not.

IF the goal is to get some of his money back for other contracts.   Outside of that i wouldnt do much unless a replacement is found First.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:06 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They actually wouldn't pay him anything if they cut him. All the dead cap space money he would have if cut is money he was paid years ago and is just listed as spread out purely for cap accounting purposes, not any actual active payments.

If they keep him though, they will have to actually pay him $10.1m more in new cash this year.

If that's the case (I thought they would still have money to pay him) then I would let him go. While he is still a very good running back when he gets going, he's not getting going much anymore, and the main reason I would get rid of him is he just can't block for Burrow, and it appears that is going to be an ongoing issue for this team. 
Reply/Quote
I think the guy we should start is already here - Chris Evans. I just can't figure out why he seems to be in the doghouse.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 12:27 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think the guy we should start is already here - Chris Evans.  I just can't figure out why he seems to be in the doghouse.

He sucks?
Reply/Quote
Cut Mixon, sign Perine to an one year deal and use a third day pick to draft another one.
Reply/Quote
Perine, Williams and Evans. RBBC

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote