Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RB Jamaal Williams
Looks like we are 1 of 3 teams interested in him. His value is around 4 million. Williams had 17 touchdowns, 1,066 yards, and averaged 4.1 a carry last season for Detroit. If we sign him and draft a RB in the draft we can cut Mixon easily and be in better shape.

Reply/Quote
If Mixon is gone and bringing in a cheaper vet and drafting a rookie RB would be a solid move.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 01:13 AM)pulses Wrote: Looks like we are 1 of 3 teams interested in him. His value is around 4 million. Williams had 17 touchdowns, 1,066 yards, and averaged 4.1 a carry last season for Detroit. If we sign him and draft a RB in the draft we can cut Mixon easily and be in better shape.

(03-12-2023, 10:32 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If Mixon is gone and bringing in a cheaper vet and drafting a rookie RB would be a solid move.

This is the part i would be interested in. I had Williams on my FF team so i paid pretty close attention to what he was doing. He's a lighter Perine, basically. The 17 TDs were a result of a lot of goal-to-go situations and a good Oline in front of him. 

If Mixon were released, then i'd follow what Tecmo said and look for a speedier back in the draft. If you're truly going to to RRBC you need 3 backs and Perine, Williams and a draft pick would fit the bill. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I actually get this guy in every Madden franchise i start. At least on Madden he is damn near a clone of Mixon just a worse pass catcher. He also never asks for more than 6 mill
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Plus, if he is cheaper than Mixon then it saves some dollars to use elsewhere with the roster retooling.
Reply/Quote
Is he similar to Mixon? Does he dance in the hole and go down often on first contact? Always looking for that home run play?

If so, I’d rather just draft 2 RBs and 2 TEs. You probably have a better chance at hitting on someone than signing a Mixon clone
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 12:29 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Is he similar to Mixon? Does he dance in the hole and go down often on first contact? Always looking for that home run play?

If so, I’d rather just draft 2 RBs and 2 TEs. You probably have a better chance at hitting on someone than signing a Mixon clone

He was on NFL Network during the RB drills for the Combine and he said he loves playing smashmouth football and being fed the ball at the goal line to pound it in.
He's more interested in gaining positive yards than trying to hit the big one.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Can he pass block?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 12:52 PM)samhain Wrote: Can he pass block?

Not sure he ever had to, the Lions line is legit and on most passing plays he wasn't out there as he isn't a real weapon out of the backfield.

Not sure why the interest to be honest, he was with the Pack and they let him go, was the back-up in Detroit and got time since Swift couldn't stay healthy, but the guy isn't a real home-run threat. Perine fills the exact same role and knows the offense and can catch and pass block.

Be easier to keep Perine and Williams, and get a speed RB in the draft.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
He had a great season last year, I don't know why we'd buy 'high' on a running back with lots of mileage. Aren't we trying invest less cap money into that position? I don't see the point of signing him, he only had 12 receptions last year and we're obviously a pass-first team, I don't even see this as a good fit.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 01:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure he ever had to, the Lions line is legit and on most passing plays he wasn't out there as he isn't a real weapon out of the backfield.

Not sure why the interest to be honest, he was with the Pack and they let him go, was the back-up in Detroit and got time since Swift couldn't stay healthy, but the guy isn't a real home-run threat. Perine fills the exact same role and knows the offense and can catch and pass block.

Be easier to keep Perine and Williams, and get a speed RB in the draft.

That is a big maybe now with what Holic said about Jamaal's pass blocking. LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 12:52 PM)samhain Wrote: Can he pass block?

Yes, he's one of the better pass protecting backs in the league. He's graded out at 70 or better in 5 of his 6 years.

23 backs had at least 50 pass block attempts last year. Both Williams and Perine graded out top 5 in that group.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 01:53 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: He had a great season last year, I don't know why we'd buy 'high' on a running back with lots of mileage. Aren't we trying invest less cap money into that position? I don't see the point of signing him, he only had 12 receptions last year and we're obviously a pass-first team, I don't even see this as a good fit.

He DOESN"T have lots of mileage that's where you're mistaken.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 05:01 PM)pulses Wrote: He DOESN"T have lots of mileage that's where you're mistaken.

Yep, just 915 carries in 6 years. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 04:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yes, he's one of the better pass protecting backs in the league. He's graded out at 70 or better in 5 of his 6 years.

23 backs had at least 50 pass block attempts last year. Both Williams and Perine graded out top 5 in that group.

(03-12-2023, 05:01 PM)pulses Wrote: He DOESN"T have lots of mileage that's where you're mistaken.

(03-12-2023, 05:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, just 915 carries in 6 years. 

Open to it now and it even makes sense. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 04:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yes, he's one of the better pass protecting backs in the league. He's graded out at 70 or better in 5 of his 6 years.

Sounds like a smart acquisition.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 05:19 PM)samhain Wrote: Sounds like a smart acquisition.

Does, that is all I needed to know about Jamaal. He is a damn good RB, has good vision, burst, hard as heck to tackle.

I watched him a lot at BYU.
Reply/Quote
Bring him on, I like his style of play. He might not be the solution at RB, but he can certainly be part of the solution.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 05:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bring him on, I like his style of play.  He might not be the solution at RB, but he can certainly be part of the solution.

Yep, if they're leaning RBBC...then Williams would be a nice addition to Perine and a drafted back.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 05:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bring him on, I like his style of play.  He might not be the solution at RB, but he can certainly be part of the solution.

With Jamaal, Samaje and a talented rookie like Gibbs or Spears we could have one heck of a RB room. I also like Trayveon.
Reply/Quote