• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RB Stable with Mixon Gone
Chase Brown
Noah Cain
Elijah Collins
Chris Evans
Zack Moss
Trayveon Williams

I'll add that Bengals do not have a FB listed on team. Some NFL teams still like to have a FB. Elijah Collins last week was listed by Bengals,com as a HB, and this week is only one listed as a RB. Could the 6 foot, 220 pound rookie from Oklahoma State be the guy they might be looking at as a possible blocking back at goal line or 3rd and short.

Mixon is gone and he was a workhorse. None of these names would be Fantasy Football early draft picks, but some have to step up, because the void left by Mixon gone needs filled. It is an opportunity for somebody to be a #1 rusher on an NFL team. Chase Brown showed flashes of promise. Moss can catch. It can't be all Joe Burrow every play, one of these dudes has to tear up NFL defenses a little.

To win in the AFC North, all 4 teams lean heavy on a running game. The frozen North is not fast track West Coast sunshine states. The opportunity is there for one of these players to be a 1,000 yard rusher for Bengals in 2024. A Star Is Born.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Still can't believe they didn't draft a RB. That's a bad RB room.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I can't believe it either. Especially with them double dipping at TE in a weak TE draft (making up for last drafts blunder).

I'd like to have used one of those picks on RB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 03:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Still can't believe they didn't draft a RB. That's a bad RB room.

I don't think we are done here:

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/RB

Many teams have 4th RBs better than our 3rd.  I think ideally, Williams is a placeholder that knows the system and worst case they are comfortable with, but I think they claim or pickup someone on cuts.  RB is easier to replace, not only in the offseason, but even to start the year.  Baltimore for instance is going to cut someone solid, and we will have teams try to stash a preseason standout on the practice squad.  
Reply/Quote
What if Chase Brown is as good as he looked ?

We also know Moss from Colts can flat out catch for a HB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 03:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Still can't believe they didn't draft a RB. That's a bad RB room.

I thought for sure we would draft a RB myself, but this room is just as good as last year's IMO.

Zack Moss fits this Offense better than Mixon did, best RB running out of the Shotgun last year and a much better blocker. Moss also
has better vision, is a better short yardage back and breaks a lot more tackles than Mixon. Chase Brown got some experience as a 
rookie and we saw that the guy has serious speed and gets up to speed fast, unlike Mixon.

Behind these 2 is where the questions start and why I wanted us to draft a RB like a Braelon Allen to be a big thumping back for us.

Maybe Noah Cain or Elijah Collins can be this for us I don't know. Would still like to add a RB after cuts if a good one becomes available.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 05:29 PM)kevin Wrote: What if Chase Brown is as good as he looked ?

Same thing I was thinking.

This division has always been a physical division and all about running, but Carson had us as more of a pass-first team and it worked out pretty well.

Marvin tried to play like the rest of the division and run the ball more but Runkowski didn't understand that, just because you establish the run, it doesn't mean that you can't mix in throws on early downs. 

I've been singing my praises for Chase Brown for a while and I think him and Moss offer us a solid duo.

None of the other teams in the North have anything close to Burrow, and he likes to be in the gun, which wasn't Mixon's style, so I'm not real worried about having a bell cow because that's not our style of offense.

We might add a guy for more depth or whatever, but I'm pretty happy with our running back room because they fit our offensive philosophy.
Reply/Quote
I think Brown is going to be the man
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 05:29 PM)kevin Wrote: What if Chase Brown is as good as he looked ?

The final 5 games of the season Chase Brown had 3.4ypc and in none of those games was he >4.0ypc.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I have hope for the RB corps, but on paper, it might be the worst in the NFL
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
17 games last year and our lead RB eclipsed 100 yards rushing once, a basically meaningless finale against browns backups, and eclipsed 80 rush yards in just two other games.

There isn’t a whole lot of room left for us to get any worse than that is there?

Zack Moss had the chance to carry the load for the Colts to start the year last year and had two 100 yard games and an 88 yard effort out of the first four games.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 10:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 17 games last year and our lead RB eclipsed 100 yards rushing once, a basically meaningless finale against browns backups, and eclipsed 80 rush yards in just two other games.

There isn’t a whole lot of room left for us to get any worse than that is there?

Zack Moss had the chance to carry the load for the Colts to start the year last year and had two 100 yard games and an 88 yard effort out of the first four games.

The thing is those 4 games are basically all that Moss has done with his NFL career... Our sorry run defense shit him down.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 11:22 PM)jason Wrote: The thing is those 4 games are basically all that Moss has done with his NFL career... Our sorry run defense shit him down.

Now THAT is a funny typo!
Reply/Quote
Was shocked to see no RB drafted

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 05:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: I can't believe it either. Especially with them double dipping at TE in a weak TE draft (making up for last drafts blunder).

I'd like to have used one of those picks on RB.

Not sure how not drafting a TE last year was a blunder?  The board fell awful for them in almost every round.  I thought 2023 and 2022 drafts were bad in general but which TE did you want them to take that they could or should?

Double dip at TE increases the odds of finding one that will work out. RB has become the least important position on the field, it would be my lowest priority of any position outside of punter and long snapper.

Reply/Quote
The running backs will be as good as the offensive plan allows them to be. If commitment to the rushing attack is an afterthought, then the RBs will be ineffective and have poor stats. If the plan is to establish the run and make the RBs a significant part of the passing attack, then they will have good numbers and people will be "surprised" by how well they did.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2024, 08:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The running backs will be as good as the offensive plan allows them to be. If commitment to the rushing attack is an afterthought, then the RBs will be ineffective and have poor stats. If the plan is to establish the run and make the RBs a significant part of the passing attack, then they will have good numbers and people will be "surprised" by how well they did.

And I believe it has been in many games over last couple years.

I fully believe this team would be waaayyyyy better off to take the run game more seriously. No, I'm not saying go all 1975 three yards in a cloud of dust.

But the oh geez coach we haven't ran the ball in a whole qtr. "Well we better throw a run in I suppose" game plan ummm, sucks.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2024, 03:03 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Now THAT is a funny typo!

What typo?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2024, 08:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And I believe it has been in many games over last couple years.

I fully believe this team would be waaayyyyy better off to take the run game more seriously. No, I'm not saying go all 1975 three yards in a cloud of dust.

But the oh geez coach we haven't ran the ball in a whole qtr. "Well we better throw a run in I suppose" game plan ummm, sucks.

Exactly, they would keep Joe Burrow much healthier and increase the effectiveness of the passing attack by forcing teams to respect the run.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2024, 03:28 PM)kevin Wrote: Chase Brown
Noah Cain
Elijah Collins
Chris Evans
Zack Moss
Trayveon Williams

I'll add that Bengals do not have a FB listed on team. Some NFL teams still like to have a FB.  Elijah Collins last week was listed by Bengals,com as a HB, and this week is only one listed as a RB.  Could the 6 foot, 220 pound rookie from Oklahoma State be the guy they might be looking at as a possible blocking back at goal line or 3rd and short.

Mixon is gone and he was a workhorse.  None of these names would be Fantasy Football early draft picks, but some have to step up, because the void left by Mixon gone needs filled.  It is an opportunity for somebody to be a #1 rusher on an NFL team.  Chase Brown showed flashes of promise. Moss can catch. It can't be all Joe Burrow every play, one of these dudes has to tear up NFL defenses a little.

To win in the AFC North, all 4 teams lean heavy on a running game.  The frozen North is not fast track West Coast sunshine states. The opportunity is there for one of these players to be a 1,000 yard rusher for Bengals in 2024.  A Star Is Born.

GO BENGALS

Tiger

When we chose to run we had good success hope these guys can pass block 

but for some reason we choose not to run way to often...
Reply/Quote