Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS APRIL GAMES THREAD
(04-19-2022, 11:05 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Good God.

The Reds don't hold a lead for 6 straight games, Pham hits a 1st inning homer, Lodolo gives up a two run homer before recording an out.

The next game, Pham hits a 1st inning homer and Sanmartin gives up a two run homer before recording an out.

Great.

Now Stephenson is injured and Jenius Bell had our back up C as DH so now the pitcher is batting 5th and leads off in the 2nd inning. Then wastes the challenge on an 'illegal slide'.

I DETEST watching this man attempt to play the role of a manager on TV.

Gonna be a long season  Cry
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm wondering if the Reds can work out a deal with MLB to just have Brownie troop #9 bat for them ?
Reply/Quote
Maybe we can become the AA affiliate of the Dodgers or Yankees?
Reply/Quote
I told everybody The Reds would get off to a very bad start playing at World Champ Atlanta and at Super Power LA Dodgers and more West Coast in San Diego.

I said everybody would give up on The Reds by April 20th

I also said circle the calendar for the Reds first Division Series. St Louis at Cincinnati. This is like Steelers at Bengals. It's a big series.

Reds have a good chance at winning this series with Greene, Mahle and Lodolo starting this weekend.

The Reds got the road trips to Braves, Dodgers, Padres off the schedule and do not play in these cities again this season.

NOW.....BEAT the ST LOUIS CARDINALS this weekend as Reds play their first NL Central Games.

GO REDS......WIN the opener tonight with Hunter Greene on the mound. Set it up to WIN the Series.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 01:44 PM)kevin Wrote: I told everybody The Reds would get off to a very bad start playing at World Champ Atlanta and at Super Power LA Dodgers and more West Coast in San Diego.  

I also said circle the calendar for the Reds first Division Series.  St Louis at Cincinnati.  This is like Steelers at Bengals.  It's a big series.  

Reds have a good chance at winning this series with Greene, Mahle and Lodolo starting this weekend.  

The Reds got the road trips to Braves, Dodgers, Padres off the schedule and do not play in these cities again this season.

NOW.....BEAT the ST LOUIS CARDINALS this weekend as Reds play their first NL Central Games.

GO REDS......WIN the opener tonight with Hunter Greene on the mound.  Set it up to WIN the Series.

i like your optimism, I would just like to see some watchable baseball.
Reply/Quote
Hunter Green down about 5mph in velocity from his last start. Out after 66 pitches. Probably going on the IL. Can't even have a single tiny bright spot in this season, just darkness. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 11:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
[Image: 200.gif]

Lord have mercy...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 01:44 PM)kevin Wrote: I told everybody The Reds would get off to a very bad start playing at World Champ Atlanta and at Super Power LA Dodgers and more West Coast in San Diego.

I also said circle the calendar for the Reds first Division Series. St Louis at Cincinnati. This is like Steelers at Bengals. It's a big series.

GO REDS......WIN the opener tonight with Hunter Greene on the mound. Set it up to WIN the Series.

They're gonna get off to a slow middle and finish too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 11:19 PM)jason Wrote: They're gonna get off to a slow middle and finish too...

Yep. This team is an absolute dumpster fire. The fact that they didn’t even pick up the phone to call Castellanos says it all.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 02:18 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: i like your optimism, I would just like to see some watchable baseball.

" Watchable Baseball " .  I want to comment on that.  The Game was NOT on cable channel as normal.  Reds.com said we could watch it for FREE on Apple Plus.  So I tried that and it insisted I give Apple Plus a Credit Card and all my billing info.  I was NOT going to do all that.  They can stick Friday Night Baseball on Apple Plus up their corporate assets.   

So Reds kind of lied.  Yes, maybe you could watch Reds on Apple Plus if you were willing to put all your credit card and personal info out there on the internet for Apple or Russia or Iran or China to steal your identity.  Who is to say Apple Plus doesn't charge you.  

Baseball is heading in the wrong direction if they are going to make people pay to watch these games.  They are going to lose a lot of fans.  

It goes without saying that I'm glad I didn't turn over all my info to Apple Plus just so I could watch Reds stink up another game. 

I did follow my Fantasy Teams on MLB Game Cast for free.  It looked like Greene couldn't find the plate tonight, no control of his slider at all, and missing with his change-up and fast ball.  I'm starting to fear Greene and Lodolo need more time in The Minors. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It is early in the season and I understand a player's stats look a lot different early on compared to a full-162 games, but I'm already done with reading about Greene's 100 MPH pitches and unhittable slider. He has an ERA of over 5.00. He's currently not special and he's hittable.
Reply/Quote
Mahle and some hitters need to step up today. A WIN today still gives them a chance to WIN this Cardinals Series.

If Mahle can't play well for the Reds this season either, along with Votto, Moose and others playing lousy, this team is headed for over 100 losses.

So Reds could use Mahle to step up today. Maybe if a couple players would step up, it would cause others to get hot also.

Reds CAN NOT win this Cardinals series without a WIN TODAY on Saturday.

I use to argue with a person on the old Reds.com fan comments site. He would say there are no MUST WIN GAMES as early as April or even May. I disagree. TODAY is a MUST WIN GAME for REDS. They can try to Win the Cardinals Series, or they can keep their long Losing Streak going as they try to set the record for most losses in a row. Plus if Mahle stinks again, then ALL the Reds Pitchers Stink, and the Reds hitters stink, then it is a 100 loss season for sure.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
2-12, worst record in baseball & a 10 game losing streak. I suppose today is good as any to get a W.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 09:04 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It is early in the season and I understand a player's stats look a lot different early on compared to a full-162 games, but I'm already done with reading about Greene's 100 MPH pitches and unhittable slider. He has an ERA of over 5.00. He's currently not special and he's hittable.

Agreed.  At 22 years old, he may be up too early.  Greene AND Lodolo may need to be sent back to The Minors for more work 0n their pitches.  I would hate for the Reds to ruin two #1 Pick Pitchers by forcing them to pitch too early in THE BIGS.  Especially if The Reds are going to Lose with or without them this year.  Many a good young pitchers have been ruined by bringing them up too early, and getting their brains beat in, and they lose all confidence, and they fall into bad pitching habits. The Reds brought up a bunch of Top Pick Young Pitchers early not that many years ago, and they got clobbered and Reds ruined all of them, even though Reds said they might as well move up early.  That wasn't under Bell or Dusty, that was under a manager who was just awful. The point is, Reds have ruined young pitchers in the past by rushing them up too early.  It's starting to look like both Reds #1 Picks Greene and Lodolo need more time in The Minors to develop the right way. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 09:46 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 2-12, worst record in baseball & a 10 game losing streak. I suppose today is good as any to get a W.

There are 148 games left.  Now 2-12 in the NFL is different.   Yes, Reds need a WIN today to try to Win Cardinals Series still,  End losing streak,  Have Mahle and some hitters step up.  The Reds now are in dire need of Mahle stepping up and being a good pitcher as he was last year. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 10:18 AM)kevin Wrote: There are 148 games left.  Now 2-12 in the NFL is different.   Yes, Reds need a WIN today to try to Win Cardinals Series still,  End losing streak,  Have Mahle and some hitters step up.  The Reds now are in dire need of Mahle stepping up and being a good pitcher as he was last year. 

Agreed, I've noted baseball is a season that spans 162 game. That said, this is a losing team.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 10:18 AM)kevin Wrote:  The Reds now are in dire need of Mahle stepping up and being a good pitcher as he was last year. 

Mahle is one of the few guys who I am not too worried about.  He is in his prime (27) and healthy.  No reason he should not post a sub-4.00 ERA like he did last year.  He is a decent "middle of the rotation" type starting pitcher.  Problem is that he is our "stopper".
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 09:46 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 2-12, worst record in baseball & a 10 game losing streak. I suppose today is good as any to get a W.

Seems that ship has sailed.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 07:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Seems that ship has sailed.

On a positive note, the Reds didn't lose 21-0 like the Pirates.
Reply/Quote