Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS APRIL GAMES THREAD
(04-23-2022, 08:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: On a positive note, the Reds didn't lose 21-0 like the Pirates.

The Pirates are ahead of the Reds in the standings which makes them a bad team and the Reds a worse team. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 08:57 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Pirates are ahead of the Reds in the standings which makes them a bad team and the Reds a worse team. lol

The entirety of MLB is ahead of the Reds in the standings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 08:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: On a positive note, the Reds didn't lose 21-0 like the Pirates.

WOW, they have people out of the stands pitching ?

If the Reds win 60 games this season I'll be shocked. They're not just bad here, or a little off there, every facet of the team stinks !
Reply/Quote
Wainright pitching for the Cardinals today. Maybe another goose egg for the Reds. Hope I'm wrong.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 01:37 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Wainright pitching for the Cardinals today. Maybe another goose egg for the Reds. Hope I'm wrong.

I hope you are right.  I need Wainwright and a few others to make a come from behind win this week in Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball League.  

Reds have already lost the Cardinals series.  I'll be honest, right now if I was Reds GM, I would send Greene and Lodolo back to the minors because they aren't ready yet.  I would bring them back after I blow this team up and have some players on the field winning games.  If ever a team needed blown up, it's the 2022 Reds.  Back to the drawing board, because this just isn't working.  So far Votto and the Moose stink. Those who disagree can look up their stats in 2022. I'm glad Votto thinks it's funny with his wig on doing social media about how many followers he has. The truth is Votto Stinks in 2022, and so does the Moose. Wasted payroll money is all I see. Blow this team up. I would trade Votto and Moose in a second, but who in the heck would want them and be willing to pay their salaries ??? .....Reds have also spent enough time on Aquino, and his lousy batting stats need dumped ASAP.

Reds need to learn OBP Ball. Reds need to learn DH ball. Reds need to learn modern reliever use ball. Reds are a decade behind the times, and it all needs Blown Up and Start Over.

I get that ownership lost money on covid 2020. I get why owner had to dump payroll. What I don't get is why Votto and Moose are still here. They are NOT the future of years to come, and they stink now. If a team would be willing to ay half of their contracts, they would be on the next plane out of here if I was Reds GM. There is no future to either of them, or to Reds as long as they are here.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Reds actually won a game?

[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
12 game losing streak over.
Reply/Quote
Reds win yeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa

Senzel was trying to steal 2nd mid game and Cards SS landed on top of him and I was like oh shit there's 90 day DL. And he got up and walked off Shocked So two miracles today.
Reply/Quote
And congratulations to Nick Lodolo for 1st ML win. 5 2/3 innings of no runs and 7 strike outs.

Hope there's many more W's to come
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 05:38 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 12 game losing streak over.

I believe it was 11 games. Not that it matters. It's over. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 07:04 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I believe it was 11 games. Not that it matters. It's over. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 11:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. This team is an absolute dumpster fire. The fact that they didn’t even pick up the phone to call Castellanos says it all.

Why would you phone a guy that made it clear  he didnt want to play here?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 02:34 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Why would you phone a guy that made it clear  he didnt want to play here?

Uh…because he didn’t?

And according to C. Trent Rosecrans of The Athletic, his agent, Scott Boras, called Reds’ owner Bob Castellini directly.

“I called Bob personally and said, ‘Hey, we have a player here who performs at All-Star levels in your market and I just want you to know our ears are open. Before I do anything, let me know,’” Boras said, per The Athletic. “We had a great conversation. And he said, ‘You know, we’re going to go through this and look at it. We’re trying to take a strategy of improving our defense and we’re trying to optimize getting our younger pitching talent to the big leagues.’”

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 08:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Uh…because he didn’t?

And according to C. Trent Rosecrans of The Athletic, his agent, Scott Boras, called Reds’ owner Bob Castellini directly.

“I called Bob personally and said, ‘Hey, we have a player here who performs at All-Star levels in your market and I just want you to know our ears are open. Before I do anything, let me know,’” Boras said, per The Athletic. “We had a great conversation. And he said, ‘You know, we’re going to go through this and look at it. We’re trying to take a strategy of improving our defense and we’re trying to optimize getting our younger pitching talent to the big leagues.’”

Trolling, trolling, trolling
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 08:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Trolling, trolling, trolling

& then we signed Tommy Pham? hahaha I still don't get why we reallocated dollars to signing him.
Reply/Quote
Well I wonder if we can squeeze in a win against SD ?
Reply/Quote
Sanmartin getting rocked in 4th. Seeing what else is on ?
Reply/Quote
Reds playing at 12:35 today. We'll probably be 3-16 by dinner time.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 09:27 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Reds playing at 12:35 today. We'll probably be 3-16 by dinner time.

The Reds @ Colorado tonight at 8:40. I wouldn't call it "playing" baseball though. 
Reply/Quote
3-17 ? :lol:

Reply/Quote